The Student Room Group

i am an Iranian ask your questions of Iran

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pink lipstick
Are women free ( speech, dressing options) in Iran compared to the middle east?

yes they are free, but about dressing because we are islamic republic hijab is a rule and everybody should respect it even peopls who come from another country and it is just a scarf and a long(on the knee is enough) shirt with long sleeve. but in their home they can wear everything. other countries has no such a rule so they don't have to obey it!
Reply 21
Original post by Oschene23
So you support the theocratic oppressive dictatorship of your country? You wouldn't prefer secular democracy?

Do you also agree therefore on your government's anti-Semitic view towards Israel or put more bluntly its ideal of 'wiping Israel off the face of the earth' and what about the oppression of Women who are seen as property of their husbands?

my dear country is Islamic Republic not dictatorship or oppressive. secular democracy is oppressive and dictatorship! your information are wrong dear friend, as a student you should study more about your around world and should look better and smarter to everything.
yes i agree with 'wiping Israel off the face of the earth', this is not a legal country, there is no Israel, there is Palestine! Israel is criminal and w don't know it as a country on the earth.

from where you gain your information? here women are free and nobody see them as property of their husbands!!!

don't you see that we have women ministers in our government?
i think you confuse Iran with Arabs society.:smile:
Reply 22
Original post by The Swanson
Have you been to America before? And, more importantly, do you see yourself and other Iranians as being like Americans?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry! i think i misunderstood your question, can you explain more clear?
Reply 23
Original post by starry_st
salam
yes

What do you think of the blatant and obvious propaganda on Iranian television against people of the Green Movement and the constant glorification of Khamenei?
What about the censorship of opinions and incomplete representation of members of the public, and the banning of TV presenters or actors who speak out against the government?
How do you tolerate it everyday?
Do you watch the Iranian TV?

Are you not fed up of being reminded of a revolution which happened 40 years ago, everyday, on every channel on Iranian TV?

Do you believe the internet should be censored in Iran?
Don't you think police forces who step into people's houses and take away their satellites without their permission, who interfere with their online activities, or punish people on how they are dressed, are morally cruel and un-islamic?
Reply 24
Original post by TheMoho
What do you think of the blatant and obvious propaganda on Iranian television against people of the Green Movement and the constant glorification of Khamenei?
What about the censorship of opinions and incomplete representation of members of the public, and the banning of TV presenters or actors who speak out against the government?
How do you tolerate it everyday?
Do you watch the Iranian TV?

Are you not fed up of being reminded of a revolution which happened 40 years ago, everyday, on every channel on Iranian TV?

Do you believe the internet should be censored in Iran?
Don't you think police forces who step into people's houses and take away their satellites without their permission, who interfere with their online activities, or punish people on how they are dressed, are morally cruel and un-islamic?

there is nothing against people even who participate in green movement, there is against spies that hide behind some people and incite them to attack to everything and destroy their own country for others goal!
every nations and countries glorify their leader, don't think so? leader is leader! and should be respected.
each government should protect itself and for protection it shouldn't allow anyone speak against it in its TV! the TV is for this government and you expect they should allow speaking against them in their media? all the world are speak against them, isn't enough?
but people say what they want everywhere except media, in home, in taxi, etc!
yes i watch Iranian TV and i prefer its censorship rather than CNN and BBC and VOA and manoto stupid programs and lies .

no there is in some dates and in some channels. and i have no time to sit in front of TV and watch it all the time. i watch what i think i should watch.

Internet censorship isn't so bad due to many harmful sites and contents in net, but they can't do a good censorship yet although it becomes so better than past.

about last question i think they should found better ways to discipline people to obey rules. like western countries that people should pay a huge fine for breaking rules! it should be a better way. but each government have some disadvantages and we don't have a complete government.

at last i should ask how do you tolerate your government that smile to you but behind Curtain help to killing Muslims and children and innocent people in the worst way everyday?
my dear country is Islamic Republic not dictatorship or oppressive. secular democracy is oppressive and dictatorship! your information are wrong dear friend, as a student you should study more about your around world and should look better and smarter to everything.
yes i agree with 'wiping Israel off the face of the earth', this is not a legal country, there is no Israel, there is Palestine! Israel is criminal and w don't know it as a country on the earth.

from where you gain your information? here women are free and nobody see them as property of their husbands!!!

Wow you really are brainwashed. How is secular democracy oppressive and a dictatorship, it's the exact opposite you fool, how are you even at university if you think a democracy is a dictatorship. Here in the free world, we have freedoms you simply can't find in Iran. Your Islamic Republic offers no elections and is run by backward clerics who dictate government policy. Your women are most certainly not free and hence the women's rights movement struggle you currently have e.g the one million signatures campaign with activists attacked and jailed by the government.

The fact that you think it is acceptable to get rid of a country shows how barbaric your and your governments opinions are. Israel is a representative democracy founded with consent by the UN , Palestine on the other hand is partially run by a terrorist organisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you heard of the film 'A Separation', it won an oscar and apparently it was controversial in Iran?

Jodái-e Náder az Simin
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
What is your opinion on the United States of America and the United Kingdom. Do you consider them to be great nations?
Reply 28
Wow you really are brainwashed. How is secular democracy oppressive and a dictatorship, it's the exact opposite you fool, how are you even at university if you think a democracy is a dictatorship. Here in the free world, we have freedoms you simply can't find in Iran. Your Islamic Republic offers no elections and is run by backward clerics who dictate government policy. Your women are most certainly not free and hence the women's rights movement struggle you currently have e.g the one million signatures campaign with activists attacked and jailed by the government.

The fact that you think it is acceptable to get rid of a country shows how barbaric your and your governments opinions are. Israel is a representative democracy founded with consent by the UN , Palestine on the other hand is partially run by a terrorist organisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry! but i think you brainwashed dear friend! i can see everything but it seems you close your eyes on some important things! Israel is terrorist dear friend! many people in your society believe it too. i have some friends in other countries that believe this, so it is irrelevant to Iran and brainwash!
we can wake up a person who sleep but can't do this for who play a show of sleeping! UN? is UN an acceptable organization itself? it is running by that Zionists too. be aware dear friend, don't believe everything media says. about election, are you sure about your country election? i think our elections is more more honest in comparison to US election for example which candidates chosen from some peoples before introducing candidates!

it is so bad for a student that call his opposite opinion barbaric. i think respect to others opinion should be teach in your university!
i said we don't know Israel as a legal a country. we know just Palestine that Zionists Occupied it and they are criminal.barbaric opinion is acceptance of Israel as a legal country! a fake country that built on others country with blood of its people, youth, children, men and women!
Reply 29
So you support the theocratic oppressive dictatorship of your country? You wouldn't prefer secular democracy?

Do you also agree therefore on your government's anti-Semitic view towards Israel or put more bluntly its ideal of 'wiping Israel off the face of the earth' and what about the oppression of Women who are seen as property of their husbands?

Wow, Iranian government might be dictatorship but they do not do this: go to other countries and bomb them, when citizens overwhelmingly ask to not go to war, they reluctantly are forced by Russia to abandon this plan, Congress pass laws that are unconstitutional(see NDAA), Iran does not go around the world and pollute countries with depleted uranium. So, Iran is paradise of democracy compared to US, UK and most of the EU because EU Comissioners who rule the union are not selected by people. They are selected by someone's interests. So it follows that EU is itself showing signs of dictatorship. For example, no one asked Latvians opinion whether they want Euro, 70% said no but they got euro anyways by politicians will. So where in the world do you see much democracy left? Look at China: it is going to 3rd world countries and invest in infrastructure in exchange to utilise countries resources? What does West do? Send more troops to the countries and loot them. Lol. So much for democracy. No one asked Americans to vote for these wars and most of them now says no. Yet, no one listens them. If it's not dictatorship, then I don't what it is.

The best accomplishment for the world would be this: get the **** out of other people space. Iran has it's own traditions and culture and if I was president of US, I would send all troops back home. I have no interest in farming opium in Afghanistan for CIA interest. Most Americans will probably refuse to send their kids to war because the playbook is exposed: no genuine conflict, only paid mercenaries causing trouble and then US coming to free the people from oppression which THEY caused. Also, Israel is not country of evil. There are nutty people in government such as prime minister who should be sent to war leading the troops instead of barking nonsense in his cabinet, there are nutty people in Moscow, DC, Beijing and London. This is why solution is to mind your own business. Because current state of the world is total embarrassment: they plucked Native Americans and ordered them to be more civilised when in reality, we are just monkeys in shoes with a thinking of war instead of cooperation. Even animals are better at this than we are. So we are primitive in our spirituality while technologies are advancing exponentially. It's getting very dangerous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Palestine is recognised by the majority of the UN and the majority of the world as a free state.
Israel is almost as big a terrorist nation as America.
You obviously agree with the murder and destruction of palastinians by Israel. You're the fool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do not take starry_st as a representation of us Iranians. I do not come from a Muslim family myself, but I do have a bunch of Muslim friends and neither of them has any of these backward views mentioned here.
Reply 32

As pointed out before, newspapers translated his sentence in a dramatic way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Palestine isn't ran by anyone, because it doesn't exist anymore.

This makes me want to cry. I really hope this is a troll or you dear girl have been indoctrinated.
sorry! but i think you brainwashed dear friend! i can see everything but it seems you close your eyes on some important things! Israel is terrorist dear friend! many people in your society believe it too. i have some friends in other countries that believe this, so it is irrelevant to Iran and brainwash!
we can wake up a person who sleep but can't do this for who play a show of sleeping! UN? is UN an acceptable organization itself? it is running by that Zionists too. be aware dear friend, don't believe everything media says. about election, are you sure about your country election? i think our elections is more more honest in comparison to US election for example which candidates chosen from some peoples before introducing candidates!

it is so bad for a student that call his opposite opinion barbaric. i think respect to others opinion should be teach in your university!
i said we don't know Israel as a legal a country. we know just Palestine that Zionists Occupied it and they are criminal.barbaric opinion is acceptance of Israel as a legal country! a fake country that built on others country with blood of its people, youth, children, men and women!

How do you feel about the "Revolutionary Guards," who last year shot and raped their way to near-absolute power in Iran, and are also the guardians of the underground weapons program. A successful consummation of that program would be an immeasurable enhancement of the most aggressive faction of the current dictatorship.

Before you claim to operate in a free country, ask your self this?

1) Does everyone arrested receive a free, impartial trial in Iran (or any trial at all)? NO

2) Has your state got a supreme Leader (the deplorable Khamenei) who is omnipotent and is not elected? YES

3) Do members of different religions/ religious sects receive the same treatment as shias? NO

4) Does the state dictate what you can and cannot read or learn? YES
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Palestine isn't ran by anyone, because it doesn't exist anymore.

Palestine is a recognised state, so yes it does exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Israel came after WW2 when Palestine welcomed them but then they occupied land which is so unfair as the Palestinians were told they were living temporarily. Now look what Israel has done they've stolen their homes, livelihood, freedom , human rights etc...

But of course Westerners will never understand this because many of the media is owned by Zionists and the fact that Britain supported land thieves beforehand makes you think they will never want to acknowledge the truth
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
How do you feel about the "Revolutionary Guards," who last year shot and raped their way to near-absolute power in Iran, and are also the guardians of the underground weapons program. A successful consummation of that program would be an immeasurable enhancement of the most aggressive faction of the current dictatorship.

Before you claim to operate in a free country, ask your self this?

1) Does everyone arrested receive a free, impartial trial in Iran (or any trial at all)? NO

2) Has your state got a supreme Leader (the deplorable Khamenei) who is omnipotent and is not elected? YES

3) Do members of different religions/ religious sects receive the same treatment as shias? NO

4) Does the state dictate what you can and cannot read or learn? YES

Tbh though neither you or I do not know what is going on in Iran. How can you know what is going on in Iran? When you've never been there. Oh yeah let me guess. Daily Mail, Telegraph etc... Most of the UK papers are anti Islam so good luck finding any truth.
Original post by goldenfish
Palestine is a recognised state, so yes it does exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is this state? It definitely isn't in Palestine.

Quick Reply

Latest