The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

BA Korean at SOAS: My Experience

Hello! As someone who's just started the BA Korean course at SOAS, I wanted to post a bit on here to share the experience since I struggled to find more up-to-date info when I was applying! If anyone sees these posts and has any questions, let me know! I am only a first year and started a couple weeks ago so I don't know everything, but I'm happy to try to answer :smile:
What's it like studying at SOAS? How are you finding the course so far?
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by leafylicks
Hello! As someone who's just started the BA Korean course at SOAS, I wanted to post a bit on here to share the experience since I struggled to find more up-to-date info when I was applying! If anyone sees these posts and has any questions, let me know! I am only a first year and started a couple weeks ago so I don't know everything, but I'm happy to try to answer :smile:

Hey! I want to know whether you're a beginner in the language and if so, is soas helpful in improving your fluency and underdeveloped of the language?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I want to know whether you're a beginner in the language and if so, is soas helpful in improving your fluency and underdeveloped of the language?

Hi,

Not the original poster, but I also started learning a language at SOAS as a beginner last year. The amount of progress you will make in a language depends on what course you are taking. Generally speaking, if you are doing an intensive course, the aim is to get you to the C1 level as per CERF guidelines at the end of your course. Depending on whether you are UG or PG, it may involve a semester or a year or summer abroad, where you will have intensive sessions in your chosen language.

In non-intensive courses, the progress is still quite good, but again, depends on the courses you take and the individual output as well.

-A (MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending