The Student Room Group

AQA - English Language B A2 - 3rd of June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by appleduck
I'm completely redoing it, I wasn't happy with my work when I submitted it last year, so this year I'm making sure that it's worthy haha!

In terms of the exam this year, I'm pretty good with the terminology and everything, just need to figure out how to get into those really high marks!

That's great - what are you basing it on? Mine was an article about how a woman illegally aborted her unborn child who was only one week from being born! :eek: I think this was the article that I criticised/responded to: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/sep/18/judicial-machismo-sarah-catt-britain-medieval

Yeah, hopefully it will go well. I got an A in my mock, I just hope I don't let nerves get the better of me on the day :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by S_Boora
Ahh thank you so much, it will help a lot! Everyone in the class feels like they're gonna fail the language change side we're very confident about the language acquisition side of things though!

Yeah we've been messed about so much regarding English teachers I just wanna learn something haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sort of thing will be best for you? I'll have a look at what we've been given and get back to you :smile:

It's good you're confident about acquisition - we had a change in teacher for that, so were a little weak on that for a while, but it's all coming into place now :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by saraw26
What sort of thing will be best for you? I'll have a look at what we've been given and get back to you :smile:

It's good you're confident about acquisition - we had a change in teacher for that, so were a little weak on that for a while, but it's all coming into place now :biggrin:

Just anything that has information about lexis, semantics graphology etc... I just need all the information I can get really hahah

I suppose we were lucky really to have a good teacher for acquisition we started it at the end of year 12 it's just language change that's a massive struggle haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by S_Boora
Just anything that has information about lexis, semantics graphology etc... I just need all the information I can get really hahah

I suppose we were lucky really to have a good teacher for acquisition we started it at the end of year 12 it's just language change that's a massive struggle haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have loads of sheets etc. - so give me a few days and I'll type up some of the key points and send you them :smile: Until then, definitely take a look at the specification, past papers, mark schemes and examiners report. You can find all of that here :h:
Reply 24
Original post by saraw26
I have loads of sheets etc. - so give me a few days and I'll type up some of the key points and send you them :smile: Until then, definitely take a look at the specification, past papers, mark schemes and examiners report. You can find all of that here :h:

Thank you soo much! That will be a massive help haha, yeah I will do thanks, in the acquisition class we found quite a lot of good examples so hopefully it'll help on the language change side as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by saraw26

hiya,

just wondering how long it will take, because it would be a big help if we had them by next week seeing as its half term, dont mean to sound rude haha:colondollar:
Reply 26
Original post by S_Boora
hiya,

just wondering how long it will take, because it would be a big help if we had them by next week seeing as its half term, dont mean to sound rude haha:colondollar:

Yeah, I can get it done in the next few days. I just have loaaads of work and essays to write - but I shall do it ASAP :h:

Don't worry, it's not rude - you care about your education which is always great :yep:
Reply 27
Original post by saraw26
Yeah, I can get it done in the next few days. I just have loaaads of work and essays to write - but I shall do it ASAP :h:

Don't worry, it's not rude - you care about your education which is always great :yep:

Ahh thats good then, just message me whenever it has done haha :colondollar: ooo I know how you feel, I have looads of courswork to do, I made a mistake of picking ICT soo muc work haha! I hope you'll get everything done!

Haha I just didn't want to sound rude because you're helping me and my class mates haha, but thanks again :h:
Reply 28
Original post by S_Boora
Ahh thats good then, just message me whenever it has done haha :colondollar: ooo I know how you feel, I have looads of courswork to do, I made a mistake of picking ICT soo muc work haha! I hope you'll get everything done!

Haha I just didn't want to sound rude because you're helping me and my class mates haha, but thanks again :h:

Haha will do, will props be late Sunday or something depending on my work load :smile:

My pleasure :h:

Was really happy today, since I'm not as strong on acquisition I was really happy to get an A* in an essay for it - yay :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by S_Boora

Just remembered that I made a presentation for a lesson on some important historical events that influences language. It's in note form etc. but it'll give you some info for now whilst I find some other resources.

PM me your email and I can send it to you :smile:

EDIT: I have now written a definitions sheet for language change too - so I will send that to you too :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
Hey Everyone

I'm also doing A2 English Language B

Does anyone know how many theorist/linguist should be mentioned in order to pick up extra marks ?
Reply 31
Original post by ChloeTiann
Hey Everyone

Does anyone know how many theorist/linguist should be mentioned in order to pick up extra marks ?

Hey! :smile:

My teachers said only mention them if it's relevant - they don't like it if you just sort of 'chuck' them into an essay as it means your essay is less systematic which may lose you marks :redface:
Original post by saraw26
Just remembered that I made a presentation for a lesson on some important historical events that influences language. It's in note form etc. but it'll give you some info for now whilst I find some other resources.

PM me your email and I can send it to you :smile:

EDIT: I have now written a definitions sheet for language change too - so I will send that to you too :biggrin:

Could I PM you my email address too? Our teacher for language change was rubbish :frown: language acquisition is going ok though!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by HannahBanana1995
Could I PM you my email address too? Our teacher for language change was rubbish :frown: language acquisition is going ok though!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure thing :smile: So far it's just a terminology sheet and powerpoint in note form - but hopefully it will be of some help :smile:
Original post by saraw26
Sure thing :smile: So far it's just a terminology sheet and powerpoint in note form - but hopefully it will be of some help :smile:

Thankyou so much! I'm sure it'll be great :-) thanks so much, I'll pm you my address now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraw26
Finished it and handed it in. My teacher will then mark the classes and give us any feedback (well, only if it has gone horribly wrong :tongue: )

Woah! That's amazing, I love TBBT :biggrin: What have you found? :smile:

Mines on the Biff and Chip/Magic Key books and mainly centred on Language Acquisition :yes:

Do you need help on language change and Aquisiton? Will be happy to help you or anyone if you want ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraw26

Need any help for English language change or Aquisition or
Both ?

Happy to help you !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChloeTiann
Hey Everyone

Examiners hate when students come
Up with pre planned theorist to 'force in'
You have to approach the texts with an open mind and do not force the theorists inside !!

Only put them if they are relevant to the text . Don't just throw it in .
There isn't really a fixed number you just have to make sure it makes complete sense with the text and the point you are trying to make .

For example
' text e uses one of Robin Lakoff's gender speach features of ' empty adjectives ' this is seen where the parent uses the words ' adorable lovely '
....'
See how this example integrates the theory with the text WITH EXAMPLES!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Revisiontimecats
Need any help for English language change or Aquisition or
Both ?

Happy to help you !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good thanks - I'm happy to help anyone too :smile:
I haven't started revision yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest