The Student Room Group

GCSE English language

I've got my GSCE English language exams on the 5th and 12th of June. Right now, I'm passing with grades 4/5 but I really need to get as high as possible. I'm just really struggling to achieve the type of answer required for a higher mark. Whenever I come to one of the questions, I just feel a bit stuck. I don't really know what to do as I haven't got much time left and I'm super low on motivation to study. Any advice ? x
Reply 1
Original post by Happy Notes
I've got my GSCE English language exams on the 5th and 12th of June. Right now, I'm passing with grades 4/5 but I really need to get as high as possible. I'm just really struggling to achieve the type of answer required for a higher mark. Whenever I come to one of the questions, I just feel a bit stuck. I don't really know what to do as I haven't got much time left and I'm super low on motivation to study. Any advice ? x

Best thing to do is search up a list of literary techniques and explain how they were used in a text and why. Try doing one paper at least every 3 days and mark against the mark scheme and read through what the exemplars on the mark scheme say. Otherwise the best thing to do is to try and improve your writing skills for section B (AQA English Language), try using structural techniques like cyclical structure as well.
Reply 2
Original post by _user_
Best thing to do is search up a list of literary techniques and explain how they were used in a text and why. Try doing one paper at least every 3 days and mark against the mark scheme and read through what the exemplars on the mark scheme say. Otherwise the best thing to do is to try and improve your writing skills for section B (AQA English Language), try using structural techniques like cyclical structure as well.

Thank you for getting back to me with your advice. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending