The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

International Fashion Promotion at MMU

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by vogueegirl
Okay which is the best en-suite accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The best en-suite halls are either Victoria or Briarsfield, but Victoria only has four rooms per flat, where as Briarsfield has up to 7. But Victoria Hall is closer.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 61
I've just applied for briarfields !! I have a friend who lived at them while she was at manchester and she said it was perfect because she had an ensuite, only 5 mins walk away, and bigger flats so still had the social aspect!!! Good luck everyone for the next few months!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Studentmeg
I've just applied for briarfields !! I have a friend who lived at them while she was at manchester and she said it was perfect because she had an ensuite, only 5 mins walk away, and bigger flats so still had the social aspect!!! Good luck everyone for the next few months!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm quite tempted to go for briarfields too then :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for there what did you put for your second, third and forth hun? x
Original post by _Rach
I've applied for there what did you put for your second, third and forth hun? x

Hey lovely!
have applied to oxford court 2nd, victori halls deluxe 3rd, and Victoria halls standard 4th :biggrin:

You? xx
Reply 65
Aw we've pretty much put the same, I put Victoria 2nd, Oxford and then the new building Birley Fields Residences:smile: x
I put oxford as my first and then briarfields, Victoria halls ensuite, Victoria halls deluxe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm doing international fashion promotion too and have booked wilmslow park for accommodation!
I'm just reading this thread and noticed people talking about 260 UCAS points which I know was the requirement last year but on my UCAS form it says 280, so has it gone up?
Also do they still accept points from the AS level that you dropped? Because I thought they'd stopped that too? Very confused right now! X
Original post by Franstevenson
Hi, I'm doing international fashion promotion too and have booked wilmslow park for accommodation!
I'm just reading this thread and noticed people talking about 260 UCAS points which I know was the requirement last year but on my UCAS form it says 280, so has it gone up?
Also do they still accept points from the AS level that you dropped? Because I thought they'd stopped that too? Very confused right now! X

They give people different point requirements depending on their AS grade results. My offer is 260 which means I need to get CCCE or CCB. I emailed them about AS grades and they said that they don't take AS grades into consideration. If you were to not make the grades, they may then take your AS grades into consideration. Hope that helps! I'm so nervous about exams and not getting the grades. I didn't work hard for my AS's at all, which has made it 10 times harder for myself this year... Why was I so stupid!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else put oxford court (en suite) as first choice of accommodation? 💕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by vogueegirl
Has anyone else put oxford court (en suite) as first choice of accommodation? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have oxford court (en suite) as my first choice, hope I get into it!
Original post by Amek
I have oxford court (en suite) as my first choice, hope I get into it!

Yay! Me too, it looks really nice
Reply 72
Original post by BekahLouiseL
Hey! Is anyone going to be going to MMU in 2014 to study International Fashion Promotion? I've been given an unconditional, and will be classed as a mature student (I'm 21.. although it makes no difference) and it would be great to meet some others that are studying the same course.. I haven't come across anyone that is so far :frown: I'm also planning on living at home or renting a flat in Manchester City, I've already lived in halls before so don't think I will again, plus I only live 25 mins from Manchester so makes sense to just commute daily, works out a lot cheaper ha! x

Hi, I am also have an unconditional for Int. Fashion Promotion:smile:
Reply 73
Hey I got a conditional offer and firmed asap cause I'm absolutely in love with the course! Went to the applicant day on Wednesday and was in awe of how amazing the course seems!

Did anyone else go on Wednesday to the applicant day? what did you think?

Itd be nice to find others who are also starting in September! (hopefully!)

X

I went on the Wednesday applicant day and it looks AMAZING! I also talked to people who have done Int. Fashion Promotion and they say its great! :smile: Are you living in halls?
Reply 74
Is anyone living in Private halls? I can't live in the normal one's cause of the 25 mile thing x
Original post by _Rach
Is anyone living in Private halls? I can't live in the normal one's cause of the 25 mile thing x

I am! I'm staying in wilmslow park, should have a look it's so nice! X
Reply 76
I am! I'm staying in wilmslow park, should have a look it's so nice! X

My friend lives there now she said it's dead nice, i think i'm going to go for new medlock house or cavendish place just cause it's abit closer. Do you live near manchester x
Reply 77
Hiiii,
I'm starting in september too! can't wait, the course seems incredible!
what accommodation has everyone applied for?
I've gone for Birley fields, victoria deluxe, briarfields and then standard victoria :smile:
Original post by _Rach
My friend lives there now she said it's dead nice, i think i'm going to go for new medlock house or cavendish place just cause it's abit closer. Do you live near manchester x

Ah good good, the distance doesn't bother me as I'll need to get a bus pass to get to work in the centre anyway! Nooo I live in Nottingham atm so I'm excited for the change- what about you? X
Reply 79
Ah good good, the distance doesn't bother me as I'll need to get a bus pass to get to work in the centre anyway! Nooo I live in Nottingham atm so I'm excited for the change- what about you? X
yeah i live 20 mins away by car x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending