The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Manchester met or Nottingham trent

I’m starting uni in September but I cant decide where to go. I really want a social university with a good nightlife but cant decide where to go.
Where would you suggest is best? Please give pros/ cons of each place too!
Reply 1
ntu
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by abbie.wagstaff
I’m starting uni in September but I cant decide where to go. I really want a social university with a good nightlife but cant decide where to go.
Where would you suggest is best? Please give pros/ cons of each place too!

Hi
I'm looking into either going to ntu or mmu have you made a decision yet? Have you made a pros and cons list
Original post by andii7
Hi
I'm looking into either going to ntu or mmu have you made a decision yet? Have you made a pros and cons list

I think MMU is better university than NTU, Manchester is the city of students in the UK night life is wonderful you just have to see the insta story's of the people who study at MMU, it also has a much higher employability than Nottingham and if you want something social I would recommend you go to Birley which is one of the most sociable accommodations you will see.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I think MMU is better university than NTU, Manchester is the city of students in the UK night life is wonderful you just have to see the insta story's of the people who study at MMU, it also has a much higher employability than Nottingham and if you want something social I would recommend you go to Birley which is one of the most sociable accommodations you will see.

Thanks for that. I received unconditional offers from both universities to study product design. I am still in two minds 😂
Reply 5
I have friends at both and Manchester Metropolitan University seems to be better. As I don't go to either, I can't give a pros/cons list.
Original post by andii7
Thanks for that. I received unconditional offers from both universities to study product design. I am still in two minds 😂

Manchester Met Uni is much better than NTU.
Hi Everyone

It can be a really difficult decision to decide which university is right for you!

To help you decide you may wish to explore our On-Demand Open Days, where you can view subject presentations, subject areas, virtual campus tour, FAQs from our teaching staff and our student Life Fair covering everything from how to apply, student life, student living, careers to student support and overseas study and exchange. If you are interested you can access the On-Demand Open Day here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/open-days/undergraduate/demand-open-days

You may find it useful to chat with one of our current Students on our Access Platform. Students can chat with you about student life and what it is like studying courses at Manchester Met https://www.mmu.ac.uk/chatwithus/

Good luck with deciding which is right for you! Hopefully, we will see you in September. :crossedf:
Carly :smile:
Hi I'm very confused which one to join NTU or MMU for international fashion business
Hey,

We're glad that you're considering studying at NTU!

We have great industry links, as our Fashion and Business students have completed live projects with companies like Oasis, Boohoo, Mulberry, ASOS, River Island and Burberry.

These links with industry give you so many interesting placement and internship opportunities. Students have had paid summer internships at brands such as GAP inc. in New York and Urban Outfitters in Philadelphia. Other recent placement destinations include: ASOS, Boohoo, Paul Smith, River Island, Topshop, Victoria Beckham and Vivienne Westwood.

There are also loads of opportunities to showcase your work too, you will present your final year work either on a catwalk or in a static exhibition at our Degree Show and may be selected to exhibit at events such as Graduate Fashion Week so many of our students have entered competitions and picked up awards during their time at NTU.

I hope this helps with your decision, but let me know if you have any other questions. You could also speak to a current NTU student using our online chat (ntu.ac.uk/chat).

Thanks
Jess NTU rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending