The Student Room Group

I got detention for a stupid reason...

After school today, it started to be slightly sunny after the rain. I decided to sit on a bench nearby my school on top of my coat, but 5 minutes later the deputy head told me I have a detention for loitering.

It's okay for people to ram each other in hallways, but it's horrifying if I sit on a bench and admire the scenery for a few moments?? Ugh.
Original post by writerSalmon
After school today, it started to be slightly sunny after the rain. I decided to sit on a bench nearby my school on top of my coat, but 5 minutes later the deputy head told me I have a detention for loitering.

It's okay for people to ram each other in hallways, but it's horrifying if I sit on a bench and admire the scenery for a few moments?? Ugh.

o.O complain. Unless you were smoking or something on school premises I really can't see the problem...

The teacher is punishing you for remaining in school grounds for too long...by making you stay longer o.O
Reply 2
That's not right lol.
Lol you should have just walked away. If the deputy head says anything, tell him to go *** himself. Don't take crap off teachers, they like to think they are in charge even though in the classroom we know damn well that they are not, and they like to assert their authority on pupils who don't assert themselves back.

Do not however give your name. Tell him to do one, and then walk/run as quickly as possible. Go to school tomorrow wearing a different colour jacket. If he stills recognises you, tell him "no sir, I know nothing about yesterday" etc.
Reply 4
Original post by The_Dragonborn
Lol you should have just walked away. If the deputy head says anything, tell him to go *** himself. Don't take crap off teachers, they like to think they are in charge even though in the classroom we know damn well that they are not, and they like to assert their authority on pupils who don't assert themselves back.

Do not however give your name. Tell him to do one, and then walk/run as quickly as possible. Go to school tomorrow wearing a different colour jacket. If he stills recognises you, tell him "no sir, I know nothing about yesterday" etc.

I agree with you but I wouldn't even bother pretending it wasn't you. Just tell him to **** off and don't go to his detention. Teachers are normally lazy, they can't be bothered to chase up kids who don't go to detentions for minor reasons.
I got a detention for not taking my scarf off quick enough once. :lolwut:

When I turned up, the teacher was so surprised that anyone at my school had actually bothered to turn up to a detention that she let me off on sight :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending