The Student Room Group

chemistry GCSE electrolysis

Am I really stupid or is electrolysis and half equations topics SO HARD (I do AQA higher triple chem). I just cannot get my head around it or memorise the half equations at the anode and cathode for hydrogen fuel cell. Please send me any helpful videos or revision resources, I am dying!!
Have you tried watching the freesciencelessons vids on it on youtube? I remember thinking this was really hard at GCSE but it doesn't come up that much at A-level so I haven't done it in a while. Feel free to private message me if you have any other chemistry questions and I am happy to help!
Original post by evajess13
Am I really stupid or is electrolysis and half equations topics SO HARD (I do AQA higher triple chem). I just cannot get my head around it or memorise the half equations at the anode and cathode for hydrogen fuel cell. Please send me any helpful videos or revision resources, I am dying!!

I find FreeScienceLessons helpful, as well as Cognito videos as it breaks it down slowly. Physics and Maths Tutor also have it in note form I'm pretty sure, but you're not stupid, it can be incredibly complicated. If you feel comfortable enough to do so, I would recommend speaking to your Chemistry teacher letting them know that you are struggling with Electrolysis, and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to break it down for you and help you get your head around it - it is their job after all
Reply 3
Original post by AmeenahHs
I find FreeScienceLessons helpful, as well as Cognito videos as it breaks it down slowly. Physics and Maths Tutor also have it in note form I'm pretty sure, but you're not stupid, it can be incredibly complicated. If you feel comfortable enough to do so, I would recommend speaking to your Chemistry teacher letting them know that you are struggling with Electrolysis, and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to break it down for you and help you get your head around it - it is their job after all

Unfortunately my science teacher seems to have a grudge against me (I am not a bad student, I've always done my homework, never had a detention, my other teachers love me) and he generally is not the greatest teacher, he doesn't really help us when we need advice lmao, which is one of the reason I think I have such a dislike of science in general. However, I will definitely check out the FreeScienceLessons and Cognito, thanks!!!
Original post by evajess13
Unfortunately my science teacher seems to have a grudge against me (I am not a bad student, I've always done my homework, never had a detention, my other teachers love me) and he generally is not the greatest teacher, he doesn't really help us when we need advice lmao, which is one of the reason I think I have such a dislike of science in general. However, I will definitely check out the FreeScienceLessons and Cognito, thanks!!!

Oh dear, that's not the best, I'm sorry to hear that. I think BBC Bitesize also has helpful information, just another I remembered

Quick Reply

Latest