The Student Room Group

Aqa a2 german unit 3 june 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mulvj005
Have you done all of the past essays? I think there will be one really specific one on either the geography or population and hopefully a nice one like would you want to live there

Not all, I think I'll do plans for them all though. I don't know what other revision to do for the rest of it apart from looking at vocab?? There aren't many past papers and I've done them all
Reply 61
Yeah, I have done all the past papers like 3 times, but I have also translated all the reading passages to practice that part and used quizlet for vocabulary. Have you used Tageschau? It is really good for reading/ listening and isn't too difficult
Reply 62
Any predictions for:
Q14 (the plays/ poets),
Translation topic - there haven't been many on Science and Research etc
Reply 63
Original post by mulvj005
Yeah, I have done all the past papers like 3 times, but I have also translated all the reading passages to practice that part and used quizlet for vocabulary. Have you used Tageschau? It is really good for reading/ listening and isn't too difficult

Ooh I like the translating the reading thing!! Thanks I'll try that :biggrin:
Reply 64
For an A* do i need to have 90% in every A2 unit?
Reply 65
Original post by jcm222
Any predictions for:
Q14 (the plays/ poets),
Translation topic - there haven't been many on Science and Research etc

Yeah I think hauptfiguren may come up, also maybe optimism/pessimism
Maybe aims
Hauptthemen and to make the reader/viewer think came up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Anyone think they know what will come up for Q12 (Historical period)??
Reply 67
Original post by eggz95
Yeah I think hauptfiguren may come up, also maybe optimism/pessimism
Maybe aims
Hauptthemen and to make the reader/viewer think came up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Figuren hasn't come up for a while, I do der Besuch so that's quite a good topic really. Languages are so hard to revise for!
Reply 68
Original post by germ18
hey everyone new to this forum :smile:

Im also the only german student at my school and the worst is I dont even have a teacher. They seem to think to that just because Im a native german speaker I wont need a teacher to help me :frown: was fur eine schande :wink:

Im doing the book Das Leben der anderen and I have choosen dusseldorf for my regional study.

Im still undecided whether to the film or region in the exam next week :s-smilie:

any help/ advice would be appreciated :smile:

Hey i’m in exactly the same position. I am doing Berlin/Brandenburg as my region but I don’t have a clue what to revise and I haven’t really had any preparation so i’m a little worried. Was wondering how you’ve gone about preparing for the exam? I’m just reading through notes at the moment :frown:
I'm also taking this exam tomorrow :eek: We've studied Goodbye Lenin and East Germany in the 1980s as our topics, but I'm definitely going to write the essay on Goodbye Lenin!
I'm a bit nervous about the translation sections though - they either seem to go really well or really badly!
Reply 70
Original post by woodpecker
I'm also taking this exam tomorrow :eek: We've studied Goodbye Lenin and East Germany in the 1980s as our topics, but I'm definitely going to write the essay on Goodbye Lenin!
I'm a bit nervous about the translation sections though - they either seem to go really well or really badly!

Hey, I'm doing Goodbye Lenin too! What lovely questions do you think could come up? :wink:

Dreading the translation cause I bet it'll be something to do with science and technology this year.
Original post by RS94
Hey, I'm doing Goodbye Lenin too! What lovely questions do you think could come up? :wink:

Dreading the translation cause I bet it'll be something to do with science and technology this year.

I hope there's something general about something like Becker's goals, or the main themes of the film. I don't like it when they ask something more specific, like the technical aspects or stuff.
I was just going through some revision stuff our teacher gave us, and one of the suggested questions in there was 'In welchem Zeitraum arbeitete dieser Regisseur? Analysieren Sie die Einflüsse dieses Zeitraums auf sein Werk.' which I think would be a good question cos there's loads to say about the history in the film :smile:

I don't really mind what topic the translation's on, I just hope that there aren't any obscure words in the German to English one that I have no idea how to translate! I'm also never sure how far to make the translation sound nice in English, or just to translate the German literally.
Why do you think it'll be science and technology this year?
Reply 72

I don't really mind what topic the translation's on, I just hope that there aren't any obscure words in the German to English one that I have no idea how to translate! I'm also never sure how far to make the translation sound nice in English, or just to translate the German literally.
Why do you think it'll be science and technology this year?

I think Science too, because it's been most Umwelt and Einwanderung recently, you're right its so difficult to make the English sound natural, and then the marking is really precise.
Praying for a good question 14 for the play- A question on themes, characters or techniques etc. would be awesome, otherwise I may have to write about the film :s-smilie:
Original post by jcm222
I think Science too, because it's been most Umwelt and Einwanderung recently, you're right its so difficult to make the English sound natural, and then the marking is really precise.

Yeah, I prefer the English to German because the sentences are simpler and it's usually obvious what constructions they want you to use.

Original post by scott18044
Praying for a good question 14 for the play- A question on themes, characters or techniques etc. would be awesome, otherwise I may have to write about the film :s-smilie:

Which film are you doing?
Which film are you doing?

Goodbye Lenin! I enjoyed the film well enough, but I am really not very good at writing about it. :s-smilie:

What region/play/novel/film etc. did you study?
Original post by scott18044
Goodbye Lenin! I enjoyed the film well enough, but I am really not very good at writing about it. :s-smilie:

What region/play/novel/film etc. did you study?

I really like the film :smile: going to be watching it again tonight! I'm ok at writing about it, just not great at analysing things in depth, although my last essay was good, so maybe I've got the hang of it now!

Officially, my other topic is the GDR in the 1980s, but we actually studied the whole period from the end of world war 2 until reunification. It's really useful, because it means that I know a lot about the historical background to the things that happen in Goodbye Lenin :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by jcm222
Yeah Figuren hasn't come up for a while, I do der Besuch so that's quite a good topic really. Languages are so hard to revise for!

I know!! I love the film but I can't write a good essay about it therefore I'm doing der besuch
What else do you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Is anyone doing a book? any idea what the questions for that will be? There hasn't been one on themes yet so i'm hoping for that.

Obfisch
Original post by eggz95
I know!! I love the film but I can't write a good essay about it therefore I'm doing der besuch
What else do you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly how I feel about Goodbye Lenin, so I'm really hoping for a nice play question (though we did Des Teufels General)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending