The Student Room Group

Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, English and Spanish: Can I?

Yes.
I've read the subject groups etc. but I'm wondering if there are any strings I can pull to be able to do maths, physics, chemistry, computer science, english and spanish.

Thanks.

Edit: I don't see why I couldn't logically, as far as group 3 is concerned "Information technology in a global society (ITGS) SL & HL" is offered as an option, so why logically isn't Computer Science? Artificial Intelligence, program development for companies (not general tech solutions as suggested by ITGS). Does IBO make exceptions?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by tster
Yes.
I've read the subject groups etc. but I'm wondering if there are any strings I can pull to be able to do maths, physics, chemistry, computer science, english and spanish.

Thanks.

Edit: I don't see why I couldn't logically, as far as group 3 is concerned "Information technology in a global society (ITGS) SL & HL" is offered as an option, so why logically isn't Computer Science? Artificial Intelligence, program development for companies (not general tech solutions as suggested by ITGS). Does IBO make exceptions?

The whole point of group 3 is to take a humanity. Because ITGS considers the global society like subjects such as geography do, then it can be classed as a humanity. However computer science doesn't take into account society.This is similar to why environmental systems and society (ESS) can be taken in group 3 but biology can't be.

Nope there aren't normally any exceptions, the whole point of the IB is to take a range of subjects. You could take 3 of your 4 chosen sciences but not all 4, you would need a humanity of some sort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending