The Student Room Group

Can I get into LAE with these predicted grades?

:smile::smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey, I actually study at LAE. I think you do have the grades to get in however you will need to think of a 4th subject as well. They want you to do 4 subjects in year 12. Since you're not choosing to study mathematics, the grade 6 should be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Banechann
Hey, I actually study at LAE. I think you do have the grades to get in however you will need to think of a 4th subject as well. They want you to do 4 subjects in year 12. Since you're not choosing to study mathematics, the grade 6 should be fine.

That’s reassured me! I thought me doing chemistry would require a higher grade. I can get a higher grade in maths but obviously by that time applications will have already been done. What subjects do you study?
Original post by ca_1234
That’s reassured me! I thought me doing chemistry would require a higher grade. I can get a higher grade in maths but obviously by that time applications will have already been done. What subjects do you study?

As long as you get a 7 in the subject you want to study at a level it’s fine and obvs the 5 grades 9-7. Also let’s say you hypothetically you get rejected, you have a very good chance of getting in as long as you get good grades at the end. I didn’t apply for lae, I just went in on the day we got our gcse results and I was accepted. I currently study physics, mathematics and chemistry. What are you planning to study at University?
Reply 4
As long as you get a 7 in the subject you want to study at a level it’s fine and obvs the 5 grades 9-7. Also let’s say you hypothetically you get rejected, you have a very good chance of getting in as long as you get good grades at the end. I didn’t apply for lae, I just went in on the day we got our gcse results and I was accepted. I currently study physics, mathematics and chemistry. What are you planning to study at University?

Just realised that I didn’t mention the 4th subject in the first quote sorry! But my 4th will probably be philosophy and theology. Anyway, I would like to go into either medicine or biochemistry, but preferably medicine. So you didn’t even apply at all?? Can I just ask what grades you ended up getting :smile:
Oh that's going to be interesting :smile: I feel like LAE helps mdv students a lot so you're making the right choice by applying to Lae. Yeah I didn't end up applying at all so I didn't have to do the interviews etc. I ended up getting 9998887776.
Reply 6
Oh that's going to be interesting :smile: I feel like LAE helps mdv students a lot so you're making the right choice by applying to Lae. Yeah I didn't end up applying at all so I didn't have to do the interviews etc. I ended up getting 9998887776.

That’s amazing!!! What were each of those grades for if you don’t mind me asking? And what were the grades for the four subjects you chose to do? :smile:
Original post by ca_1234
That’s amazing!!! What were each of those grades for if you don’t mind me asking? And what were the grades for the four subjects you chose to do? :smile:

Thank you! I got 9 for Maths, RE and One of the science grades ( I did double science). I got 8 for other science, graphics and English language. I got 7 for History, Business and Computer science. 6 for English literature. I got 9-8 for sciences and 9 for maths. I initially chose further maths, maths, physics and chemistry in year 12. I got 9 in maths and 9-8 for double science.
Reply 8

Hi, general can someone have terrible predicted grades but smash the actual GCSE's and get into LAE. Assuming they were discarded at the start
Original post by big4pr0
Hi, general can someone have terrible predicted grades but smash the actual GCSE's and get into LAE. Assuming they were discarded at the start

Hi, it is very much possible. A lot of people actually do just go on enrolment day, the day you get your results. If you end up getting good results at the end then that is all that they will consider.
Reply 10
Hey could guys also see whether these grades are good enough

Maths, Triple Science : 9
English Lit and Lang, History : 8
Philosphy and Technology : 7
Buisness: 6
Spanish: 5

Im really worried for spanish because Im hopeless at it as well as buisness.

I plan to take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and History

As a Y12 LAE prospective medic, I can corroborate on this! From a myriad of lectures presenting clinical research to access to UCS/Eton MedSocs, you will be adeptly prepared in applications (inc Oxbridge) and versed in all things MDV. Best.
Reply 12
Original post by big4pr0
Hey could guys also see whether these grades are good enough

Maths, Triple Science : 9
English Lit and Lang, History : 8
Philosphy and Technology : 7
Buisness: 6
Spanish: 5

Im really worried for spanish because Im hopeless at it as well as buisness.

I plan to take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and History

did you end up getting in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending