The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Chesire. Whats night life like? Is it easy to travel to Manchester city?

Is the night life in the area around MMU Chesire/Crewe any good?
Is it possible to go out for the night in man city? (seen as the last train is at 23:00!)
Would you be able to live in halls in man city and travel to chesire campus by train for lectures?
I never realised how far chesire campus was from the city!
Reply 1
MMU Cheshire campus is in Crewe which is roughly 20 minutes outside of Manchester. It has a handful of bars and a couple nightclubs but is mainly pubs. It is quite a quiet place so if nightlife is what you're after, you'll be wanting to head to Manchester. The last train I believe is midnight and they start again around 6am. You could potentially live in Manchester and travel but be aware that it would be a minimum of 30 minutes travelling time to get to your lectures.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
I think you'd be pushing it to be honest. The train station near the crewe campus is in a quiet area and you'd probably have to cut your night out short if you want to go home at something like 3am. The party would only just be getting started and you'd have to dash for your train near midnight.
I just realised that I answered the nightlife question only.

Regarding study you'll be fine. I've lived in Manchester whilst doing uni at Liverpool and when studying in Manchester there was someone who used to commute from Preston so it can be done. Having said that, I would urge you to check what attendance is required on your course because full time can mean different things to different subjects.
You could go out at about 4pm and come home before midnight?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending