The Student Room Group

Christian Patrols In London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The Angry Stoic
Why weird? I don't support what their doing. It's just slightly more understandable so ce they are reacting to a preconceived attack on their values rather than just going out and attacking others values relatively unprovoked like the Muslim gangs did.

Wait, aren't you against revenge actions when it comes to Islam, and now when the Muslim community is being attacked its understandable?

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Maybe you don't live in London where I know friends and family who have been targeted by these thugs. What did my cousin do when he was punched in the face by a EDL member and called a "paki"?
Reply 41
Original post by Atemukay
Go for it, I've never seen any religious patrols in my area, maybe this crap only happens in London? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe Probably :tongue:

Whenever i go to other counties its always so different, everything just seems more relaxed :colondollar: Except Birmingham.
Reply 42
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
I see what you're trying to do with this thread Kutta but honestly there's no point as your message will not get across to the many TSR members. Don't you remember? Only Muslims do these kind of patrols.. :confused:

If the case was another group of Muslims going around and making a fool of themselves, a lot of people would be on here already bashing Islam. However, because it's Christians and it is not reported in the mainstream media, not many take interest.

So I have come to the conclusion (which is why I am posting here) there's no point in trying to prove hated-filled people come in all religions. People (thank god, not the majority in the UK) will always have a reason to hate Islam. The media wouldn't sell papers if something like this was in its agenda. If it was ever mainstream in papers like the DailyMail, the Sun or even the Guardian - then these papers would only contradict themselves for the past 10 years or so, in the sense that Islam has always been the religion to blame for violence.

Just let it be to save your own time, peoples views on Islam won't be changing any time soon! It is somewhat socially acceptable if another group of people stir violence in the name of their religion. e.g. "No not like they do it all the time" is the response my teacher gave me when I spoke of the genocide of the Rohingya people by Burmese nationalist.

:smile:

I can't believe people think that they were doing it to target the Muslim patrol :angry: The Muslim guys have been reported, arrested and condemned by almost every single Muslim except for that little group. Anyone who follows the news should know how hard these people have tried to get near the area of East London mosque to terrorize the locals. I was surprised to see no news agency reported this :mad: but then i remembered how the media operate.

Someone who I think often posts on Anti- Muslim threads even said that I should not have made this thread to stir up trouble :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
what is it with people making rebellious ( though generally more political) patrols for streets they don't own. If you own the land then fine if not they can just **** off.
Reply 44
Original post by chocolatesauce
tbh I've never seen any Hindu patrols on the streets, maybe I should be the first :tongue:

I couldn't imagine anything more embarrassing. They exist in India!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kutta
Wait, aren't you against revenge actions when it comes to Islam, and now when the Muslim community is being attacked its understandable?

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Maybe you don't live in London where I know friends and family who have been targeted by these thugs. What did my cousin do when he was punched in the face by a EDL member and called a "paki"?

Something being more understandable doesn't mean I support it. I understand the action of some terrorists but that doesn't mean I support them.

Why do you think I don't support them?
Reply 46
Original post by The Epicurean
I wouldn't say this is a Christian patrol per se. It looks to me a far right xenophobic and nationalistic group, possibly along the lines of EDL or such ilk, using Christianity as an excuse to legitimise their protest. Maybe I am wrong in my judgement, but they don't look like the sort of people who attend Church and most importantly, they don't even seem to convey any religious message in the video that I seen. They merely say "this is our country" and were handing out flyers with the St George's cross on it.

It definitely is in reaction to the Muslim patrols, but I don't believe religion is their motivation here. I think 'Christian patrol' is rather misleading.

I agree that they certainly aren't representative of Christianity, nor does the religion endorse their actions.

Sadly, it seems that people don't realise the fact that the Muslim patrols weren't endorsed by Islam either - they had no right to interfere with alcohol consumption by non-Muslims, and could only even intervene with alcohol consumption by a Muslim if drinking alcohol would be against the state law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Something being more understandable doesn't mean I support it. I understand the action of some terrorists but that doesn't mean I support them.

Based on your first 2 posts on the thread, I agree that you don't express approval/support for their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Christian patrol... Must be the most flimsy patrol ever.
Reply 49
Like in 'Islamic' countries where you can't preach your religion outside, the same should apply here. No matter if it's Islam, Christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by SMEGGGY
Like in 'Islamic' countries where you can't preach your religion outside, the same should apply here. No matter if it's Islam, Christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no thanks

we are called a free country for a reason
Reply 51
this is a perfect example of a 'tit for ****' response
Reply 52

Cool bro :smile:

you haven't posted on any anti Islam threads for a while now, what's wrong? :wink:
Original post by Kutta
:smile:

I can't believe people think that they were doing it to target the Muslim patrol :angry: The Muslim guys have been reported, arrested and condemned by almost every single Muslim except for that little group. Anyone who follows the news should know how hard these people have tried to get near the area of East London mosque to terrorize the locals. I was surprised to see no news agency reported this :mad: but then i remembered how the media operate.

Someone who I think often posts on Anti- Muslim threads even said that I should not have made this thread to stir up trouble :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Thing is, its highly unlikely that any of those blokes have ever been to church, they dont look like chruchgoers if you ask me..
Original post by Apocrypha
Thing is, its highly unlikely that any of those blokes have ever been to church, they dont look like chruchgoers if you ask me..

Even Truthman doesn't go to Church.

He's one of the most successful Christian apologetic overhear.

InB4Truthman
Sounds like this group is simply a response to the Muslim Patrols in the same area of London.
Scotland Yard is investigating a far-right group after members launched 'Christian patrols' to 'draw out' and confront Muslims by drinking and smoking outside one of Britain's biggest mosques.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552894/We-CHRISTIAN-patrol-Far-right-thugs-swill-Stella-outside-east-London-mosques-bid-confront-Muslims-object-behaviour.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTCbFHCjH0w
Original post by ash92:)
I agree that they certainly aren't representative of Christianity, nor does the religion endorse their actions.

Sadly, it seems that people don't realise the fact that the Muslim patrols weren't endorsed by Islam either - they had no right to interfere with alcohol consumption by non-Muslims, and could only even intervene with alcohol consumption by a Muslim if drinking alcohol would be against the state law.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I do however believe there are Christian's that do behave in similarly bad ways and that religion is their influence. For example the Westboro Baptist Church. Their actions do clearly have a religious basis. Whether their interpretations are correct or not is up for debate.

I would say that the Westboro Baptist Church's hateful dogma has it origin in Christianity. That does not mean their interpretation is reflective of all Christians, but it is reflective of Christianity and how certain interpretations of it can result it such hatred.

I feel however that this 'Christian Patrol' group seems to be influenced by racism and nationalism rather than religion, hence their comments about 'this is our country' and such.

But that is just my view :dontknow:
Reply 58
Lads and ladies, I think the Dailymail uses TSR :tongue:

They published a article about it today :tongue:

Its happened two days ago but better late than never, obviously its suit their agenda though :rolleyes:
Reply 59
Original post by HenryKissinger
Sounds like this group is simply a response to the Muslim Patrols in the same area of London.

Thats not possible because they are in jail :colone:

I've said this a lot in this thread, The main reason for these guys to do this was to get a foothold in the area of the East London Mosque, this is something which they have been trying to do for ages and the police has always blocked it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending