The Student Room Group

stratford vs london liverpool station at night

Is stratford or london liverpool street station safer to catch a train alone at 10pm at night?
Reply 1
Hi there, I'd imagine both are pretty safe but the stats say that there are three times less reported crime at Liverpool Street station when compared to Stratford so if your worried that's probably the best option. Hope this helps.
liverpool street station is safer imo
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Is stratford or london liverpool street station safer to catch a train alone at 10pm at night?

Both are 'safe' relatively speaking, but I'd probably choose Liverpool Street if it really made no difference which I picked from a convenience point of view.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you guys! I'm a girl who would be travelling through one of the 2 stations alone with a violin case so I was worried about being targeted.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Both are 'safe' relatively speaking, but I'd probably choose Liverpool Street if it really made no difference which I picked from a convenience point of view.

Thank you! Do you know if the buses are safe at night? I would be going across London Bridge (from Guy's hospital) to London Liverpool Street?
Reply 6
As someone who regularly travels through both liverpool street feels significantly safer. stratford is dodgy, avoid
Thank you! Do you know if the buses are safe at night? I would be going across London Bridge (from Guy's hospital) to London Liverpool Street?

Yes! 'Safe' is always relative - as long as you're sensible and take the sort of normal precautions you'd take in any major city at night, then London is no less safe (and probably a lot more safe) than many other cities. I'd certainly have no problem taking that bus route.
Reply 8

Can you not get the tube? I think you’d feel a lot safer that way as they tend to still be quite busy late at night and just have less dodgy people on
Reply 9
Original post by spicyoo
Can you not get the tube? I think you’d feel a lot safer that way as they tend to still be quite busy late at night and just have less dodgy people on

I could but walking through underground stations could get quite dangerous?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Yes, it is safe. These stations are:
Well-lit and well-maintained station with a large number of CCTV cameras.
Regular police patrols.
Busy station with plenty of people around even at night, especially on weekends.
Only Liverpool St station. Stratford is dodgy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending