The Student Room Group

Christian Patrols In London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Redpiller
Wasn't Britain called Great Britain to distinguish it from Brittany? The "Great" in reference to the fact it's larger.

The word "Great" conveys the idea of larger size rather than an acclamation of how good it is.

I think you may have missed the point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real Christianity died long ago. Christianity has been eroded for hundreds of years if Christianity was restored to it's former glory I think these Muslims and Christians would get along quite well. Our religions aren't that different, it's just most Christians today have been so watered down they're barely Christians. Christians who accept homosexuality aren't real Christians and either are Muslims.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Heliosphan
But the guys involved in the muslim patrols are obviously trying to enforce Islsmic sharia law in the area, so are clearly driven by Islam. Whether it is endorsed by Islam (your words) is irrelevant.

The Christian patrol only identify as Christian because the Uk is traditionally a Christian country. Their motivation isn't anything to do with religion, it's more anti-Islam in nature.

Do they, or you, know even the first thing about shari'ah? Just because they are Muslims, it doesn't make them credible in the 'usool of shari'ah and fiqh. Islam is much more than merely my words, you need to work on your dismissals.

Brilliant, the oxymoron that is: "Their motivation isn't anything to do with religion, it's more anti-Islam in nature." :rolleyes:
Original post by ash92:)
Do they, or you, know even the first thing about shari'ah? Just because they are Muslims, it doesn't make them credible in the 'usool of shari'ah and fiqh. Islam is much more than merely my words, you need to work on your dismissals.

Brilliant, the oxymoron that is: "Their motivation isn't anything to do with religion, it's more anti-Islam in nature." :rolleyes:

The long and short of it is that the muslim patrols want a muslim only area which adheres to sharia principles. I couldn't give a **** if they're credible or not, the fact on the ground is that Islam is the driving factor that motivates their actions.

As for your last point, are you just being pedantic or are you so profoundly stupid that you need it explaining? The key difference is that the Christian patrols are not driven by Christianity, they're driven by an anti-muslim agenda.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
The long and short of it is that the muslim patrols want a muslim only area which adheres to sharia principles. I couldn't give a **** if they're credible or not, the fact on the ground is that Islam is the driving factor that motivates their actions.

As for your last point, are you just being pedantic or are you so profoundly stupid that you need it explaining? The key difference is that the Christian patrols are not driven by Christianity, they're driven by an anti-muslim agenda.

Islam is the driving factor? What rubbish. I can anticipate how much this conversation will progress...
Reply 85
Anyone deliberately causing disruption to their community is 'in the wrong'. This idiotic 'christian patrol', along with the idiotic 'muslim patrol' are trying to do nothing but antagonize others.
Reply 86
Utterly ridiculous. I used to have time for groups like the EDL and Britain First, even though they generally attract people with little knowledge of the issues. These days though they are a lost cause and do nothing but detract from the real debate.
Islam is the driving factor? What rubbish. I can anticipate how much this conversation will progress...

We have a small group of muslims who want a muslim only area. A group of muslims who harass others for indulging in non-Islamic activities such as drinking alcohol, women being inappropriately dressed and so on, i.e the type of things that would be unacceptable under sharia.

If Islam isn't the main factor here, what apologist nonsense are you going to offer as an alternative?
Reply 88
We have a small group of muslims who want a muslim only area. A group of muslims who harass others for indulging in non-Islamic activities such as drinking alcohol, women being inappropriately dressed and so on, i.e the type of things that would be unacceptable under sharia.

If Islam isn't the main factor here, what apologist nonsense are you going to offer as an alternative?

You can say that Islam is the driving factor for people wearing hijab, but you cannot say that it is the driving factor for people enforcing hijab upon others. Do you see where the distinction lies? Or is this discussion futile?
You can say that Islam is the driving factor for people wearing hijab, but you cannot say that it is the driving factor for people enforcing hijab upon others. Do you see where the distinction lies? Or is this discussion futile?

Eh?? If my religion requires women to dress a certain way and I try to enforce it, then my rationale is derived entirely from my religious principles.

I suppose I'm forgetting that if a muslim does anything bad it is absolutely, categorically and unequivocally nothing whatsover to do with Islam, right?

But I'll ask again, what's the overriding motivating factor for these individuals?
(edited 10 years ago)
Christians are just as bad as muslims end of.
Reply 91
They should be in Tower Hamlets instead. That way the people in the Christian patrols and Muslim Patrols can kill each other off.
Better yet get the normal residents out and put a barbed wire fence around tower hamlets and give the patrols AK47s so they can go at it like two cockerels in a cock fight. It should be finished within weeks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 92
This is not a Christian patrol. It's thugs trying to piggy back off religion.

Much like the so called muslim patrol in these same areas, they were thugs piggy backing off religion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FredOrJohn
If the patrol gets rid of teenage gangs doing drugs and causing criminal damage by converting them to the Church of England faith that would be a miracle in its own right ... Well done Church of England... Hope it works.

Then perhaps when they get older they can follow the christian tradition to have interesting same-sex activities with children!
Reply 94
Original post by -bill-
All these religious patrols can go **** themselves tbh

Yes because the world would have 0 problem with out religion...not

rather than tackling bigotry, atheist just attack religion
Original post by Kutta
Hey Everyone, I recently read about Christian patrols who were roaming around Brick Lane / Whitechapel provoking the locals and being rude and abusive.

Now, this is not a thread to make fun of Christians or insult them. But it is more to spread awareness. This has not been reported by any of the main stream media which is why i feel I have to spread awareness.

Mosque Response:

http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/news/extremist-patrols-unwelcome-tower-hamlets

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_CAr8biOs

Local Media:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/video_bishop_of_stepney_condemns_bnp_linked_christian_patrols_in_east_end_1_3282767

You poor, ignorant, vile Christianiphobe.
Reply 96
Original post by KimKallstrom
You poor, ignorant, vile Christianiphobe.

You're a ignorant person....

In case you can't read go back and read what i said. Why would i not call them "Christian Patrol" when that's what they call themselves?

Silly people...
Reply 97
Original post by Kutta

You're a ignorant person....

In case you can't read go back and read what i said. Why would i not call them "Christian Patrol" when that's what they call themselves?

Silly people...

He's obviously just taking the piss out of the people who call people Islamophobes when they talk about things like the 'Muslim patrol'. I doubt he was being serious.
Original post by The Epicurean
I wouldn't say this is a Christian patrol per se. It looks to me a far right xenophobic and nationalistic group, possibly along the lines of EDL or such ilk, using Christianity as an excuse to legitimise their protest. Maybe I am wrong in my judgement, but they don't look like the sort of people who attend Church and most importantly, they don't even seem to convey any religious message in the video that I seen. They merely say "this is our country" and were handing out flyers with the St George's cross on it.

It definitely is in reaction to the Muslim patrols, but I don't believe religion is their motivation here. I think 'Christian patrol' is rather misleading.

Agreed - especially notice how they go from "Muslim....." to ".....British soil".

Almost as if islam is a country, or britain is a religion.
Reply 99
Eh?? If my religion requires women to dress a certain way and I try to enforce it, then my rationale is derived entirely from my religious principles.

I suppose I'm forgetting that if a muslim does anything bad it is absolutely, categorically and unequivocally nothing whatsover to do with Islam, right?

But I'll ask again, what's the overriding motivating factor for these individuals?

This is how a negative bias can cloud one's judgement to the extent of making conversation seem futile.

No, the rationale for enforcing the hijab is not derived from Islam - that's the point I'm making. Islam only instructs you to wear it for yourself, not to make others wear it.

What is the overriding motivating factor? It's a mix between trying too hard to act upon religion without learning about it enough, assuming yourself in a position to be able to enforce such things upon others, and being obsessed with controlling others for one's own pleasure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending