The Student Room Group

Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread MK II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I haven't even been learning any new skills :frown: keep strengthening the weak ones on Swedish

Which is the way to do it, I personally do each branch of new skills 5 times before moving on to the next branch. Repetition is the only way to learn a language as well being immersed and speaking X day to day with others that speak X :tongue:
Original post by tehFrance
Which is the way to do it, I personally do each branch of new skills 5 times before moving on to the next branch. Repetition is the only way to learn a language as well being immersed and speaking X day to day with others that speak X :tongue:

Med jag kan (only) använda (the present tense) :frown: det är inte got
Med jag kan (only) använda (the present tense) :frown: det är inte got

What are you trying to say haha. I don't quite understand :wink:
Original post by TheTechN1304
What are you trying to say haha. I don't quite understand :wink:

But I can only use the present tense. It's not good
But I can only use the present tense. It's not good

Oooh I see. Present tense is 'presens'. Good is bra.
"In 2013/14, there were just 615 entrants for German degree courses, down 34 per cent on 2007/08, while French entrants have dropped by a quarter, to 1,775 starting courses in 2013/14.

Spanish entries has seen a one per cent drop over the seven year period, while Italian entries fell 19 per cent. Chinese studies bucked the trend, with a 30 per cent increase."

What do they mean by 615 entrants for German??? Was that the number of students who applied for German degree courses at uni last UCAS cycle or is that the number of final year German students who sat their finals? :dontknow:

Original post by tehFrance
x

This article seems to be in your area of interest
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/11412441/Dramatic-decline-in-number-of-university-students-taking-modern-foreign-languages.html
Original post by thatitootoo
"In 2013/14, there were just 615 entrants for German degree courses, down 34 per cent on 2007/08, while French entrants have dropped by a quarter, to 1,775 starting courses in 2013/14.

Spanish entries has seen a one per cent drop over the seven year period, while Italian entries fell 19 per cent. Chinese studies bucked the trend, with a 30 per cent increase."

What do they mean by 615 entrants for German??? Was that the number of students who applied for German degree courses at uni last UCAS cycle or is that the number of final year German students who sat their finals? :dontknow:

This article seems to be in your area of interest
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/11412441/Dramatic-decline-in-number-of-university-students-taking-modern-foreign-languages.html

Probably the number of students who entered uni in 2013 studying German.

That's good for those of us doing modern language degrees though! :wink:
Probably the number of students who entered uni in 2013 studying German.

That's good for those of us doing modern language degrees though! :wink:

YOU CAN COMMON SENSE SO MUCH :rofl2:

Indeed it is :bigsmile:
"In 2013/14, there were just 615 entrants for German degree courses, down 34 per cent on 2007/08[...]"

Wow, that doesn't seem like many people at all. I wonder what the number for this year (14/15) is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scott18044
Wow, that doesn't seem like many people at all. I wonder what the number for this year (14/15) is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right!? :redface: And it probably won't have changed by much! We are few and far between...:lol:
YOU CAN COMMON SENSE SO MUCH :rofl2:

Indeed it is :bigsmile:

I was confused :frown:

I'm so dopey looool xD
Original post by super_kawaii
x

It's not just a Libra thing then! We're the most fun tho :wink:

I was confused :frown:

I'm so dopey looool xD

Hahaha TOTALLY dopey! jk 😜
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I can't see the lack of comma. Where should it have been?

But my dear Sissyboo with whom I share the same date of birth, is the least dopey person I've ever met! :yep: :wink:

Edit: Oh w8, same date of birth would imply that we're also the same age, which is not the case :colondollar: :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Skifahren! :smile:

Nur Skifahren? Bist du dann dort im Urlaub?

So you're (part) Russian!? Wow you have such a rich background! 😄

Yeah, from my mom's side ^_^ I was actually born in Russia, came to the States when I was 5.
Original post by robthehero
Nur Skifahren? Bist du dann dort im Urlaub?

Yeah, from my mom's side ^_^ I was actually born in Russia, came to the States when I was 5.

Oh I see! You're so international :cool:
But my dear Sissyboo with whom I share the same date of birth, is the least dopey person I've ever met! :yep: :wink:

Edit: Oh w8, same date of birth would imply that we're also the same age, which is not the case :colondollar: :lol:

Du bist so jung...
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Du bist so jung...

Haha that's a very tactful choice of word on your part! :wink: LOL
Oh I see! You're so international :cool:

Heh :colondollar:

I'm working on making myself more international
Original post by robthehero
Heh :colondollar:

I'm working on making myself more international

I'm just imagining you saying that with your American accent...😁😂
I'm just imagining you saying that with your American accent...������������

99.99% of the reason I'm going to uni in the UK is for my accent to change hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending