The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Occupational Therapy at Brookes 2014

Is anyone planning to do OT at Brookes this year!?
I just received my offer today which I wasn't expecting. Really happy because I'm about 90% sure I'm going to firm it after I've seen Southampton.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile:
I have also received an offer from Brookes to do OT this year! Still unsure about what university to go to though :/
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Congrats to both of you for your offers. I have an interview on Weds - any tips? Having had a couple of group interviews now that doesn't scare me as much, but a bit worried about the written task.

Also how quickly did you hear back after your interview? It's the most nerve-wracking bit!
Reply 3
Thankyou :smile:

I found the interview okay. It felt fairly laid back.
For the written task we watched a video then just had to answer to questions about it.

Urmmm... I heard back from brookes about a month after my interview which was early January.
Reply 4
Original post by ChloeA19
Thankyou :smile:

I found the interview okay. It felt fairly laid back.
For the written task we watched a video then just had to answer to questions about it.

Urmmm... I heard back from brookes about a month after my interview which was early January.

Thanks, that doesn't sound too bad. Just have to not let my nerves get the better of me.
Reply 5
Hi :smile:
I have also received an offer from Brookes to do OT this year! Still unsure about what university to go to though :/

Yay I've finally found someone! :biggrin: which unis are your favourites so far? Well done on getting an offer aswell!
Reply 6
:smile: My top 3 are Brookes, Brunel and Plymouth! What about you?

Well done to you too!
Reply 7
:smile: My top 3 are Brookes, Brunel and Plymouth! What about you?

Well done to you too!

I've also got an offer from Brunel! Are you going to their applicant day?

I think it's either Brookes or Southampton for me, but I haven't been to an open day at Southampton or got an offer from them yet so who knows!
Reply 8
Original post by EmmieJay
Congrats to both of you for your offers. I have an interview on Weds - any tips? Having had a couple of group interviews now that doesn't scare me as much, but a bit worried about the written task.

Also how quickly did you hear back after your interview? It's the most nerve-wracking bit!

Thanks! The interviewers are so friendly and it's really relaxed, they even managed to calm me down somehow. I'd advise to be careful about your spelling and grammar on the case study writing test, bit obvious but I focused more on the content than my english which I though would let me down. Most people wrote atleast two pages. In the group interview just try to involve everywhere as much as you can, and at the end make sure you ask the interviewer questions cos you'll seem more interested. They took three weeks to get back to me after that. Good luck!
Reply 9
Hi everyone! I am a third year student at OB. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the course. Unfortunately I can't answer any questions regarding the interview process but if you have queries regarding the course/placements/funding/oxford then don't hesitate to send me a message!
Reply 10
Original post by KatBrown
Hi everyone! I am a third year student at OB. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the course. Unfortunately I can't answer any questions regarding the interview process but if you have queries regarding the course/placements/funding/oxford then don't hesitate to send me a message!

Hello! I was wondering about the timetable, obviously it may not be exactly the same for first years though. But generally how often were you in uni, I'm getting the impression it's normally 9-5 4 days a week? Thanks!
Reply 11
Yeah I went to an Open day at Brunel! The uni seemed really nice but I've heard a few bad things about the surrounding area :/

Brookes seems like the one I'm going to go for :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah I went to an Open day at Brunel! The uni seemed really nice but I've heard a few bad things about the surrounding area :/

Brookes seems like the one I'm going to go for :smile:

My friend does physio there and has said that the local area isn't great, nightlife is pretty bad but she likes it cos of how close it is to central london. I've heard alot of mixed thoughts about it too!
Reply 13
Original post by Catherine_H
Hello! I was wondering about the timetable, obviously it may not be exactly the same for first years though. But generally how often were you in uni, I'm getting the impression it's normally 9-5 4 days a week? Thanks!

Hi Catherine!
Generally in 1st year you are in 3 full days 9-5 and then you have a half day on Wednesday 9-12. Gives you plenty of time to do reading and assignment and manage to have a social life too!
Reply 14
Original post by KatBrown
Hi Catherine!
Generally in 1st year you are in 3 full days 9-5 and then you have a half day on Wednesday 9-12. Gives you plenty of time to do reading and assignment and manage to have a social life too!

That sounds great thanks for your help! :smile:
Hi there!

I am 25 and will be starting OT at Brookes in September. Just wondering whether there are any other mature students starting the course this year?
Reply 16
hi, i'm waiting to hear whether i will be invited to interview. I'm a late applicant and am on tenterhooks! i have been offered a place at northampton which is great but brookes is a bit closer to home..anyone else in a similar position? any tips on interviewing at brookes? thanks :smile:
I've made Brookes my firm choice woo :smile:

Original post by joolzie
hi, i'm waiting to hear whether i will be invited to interview. I'm a late applicant and am on tenterhooks! i have been offered a place at northampton which is great but brookes is a bit closer to home..anyone else in a similar position? any tips on interviewing at brookes? thanks :smile:

For the Brookes interview try to be as confident as you can, make sure you appear friendly and chat with the other applicants. In the group discussion show good communication skills like not interrupting anyone, simple stuff really :smile: The interview is relaxed and everyone is so friendly so try not to worry. Also prepare as much as you can for questions you think they'll ask! If they ask you a question try to relate it to work experience, good luck :smile:
Reply 18
cool, thanks catherine :smile: i feel quite confident about presenting myself but i haven't managed to get any direct hospital experience. can i ask what ot experience you managed to get catherine? maybe if i get in we will be working together :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Charlotte_M89
Hi there!

I am 25 and will be starting OT at Brookes in September. Just wondering whether there are any other mature students starting the course this year?

Hi charlotte, i will be 41 when i start so you're def not going to be the youngest lol my interview is 29th may...seems an age away! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending