The Student Room Group

Women on OKCupid

If I message them something nice on there and ask them on a date I get nothing from them. Not even a rejection via message.

I just messaged 4 women who were online with this:

'Im fed up of messaging women all this boring romance ****. I get no replies because you're all up yourselves. Do you want to bang or at least meet up? A yes or no will suffice. Thanks.'

Three of them responded within minutes (they were online) and 2 of them said they would continue messaging me. The other said my message was 'interesting and funny'.

Please explain yourselves.........why do you respond to that type of message and not the more gentleman approach?

:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lots of the women there get a lot of messages, it can be time consuming to respond to them all if they don't think that you're someone they would be interested in
treat them mean, keep them keen. most women hate men they can dominate and who seem too needy. sexual selection 101.
Reply 3
Original post by thecrediblehulk
treat them mean, keep them keen. most women hate men they can dominate and who seem too needy. sexual selection 101.

This doesn't work for anyone (of either gender) worth having a relationship with.

Why does TSR always have these whiney "wimmen hate nice guys 111 therefore I will take them turning me down as an excuse to treat them like crap" threads?!...

OP, that message comes across like it was written by an utter tosspot. I would have told you where to stick it.

To answer your question, the women in question probably just want sex same as you. Regardless, you still seem pretty rude.

:h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Alpha brah
This doesn't work for anyone (of either gender) worth having a relationship with.

Why does TSR always have these whiney "wimmen hate nice guys 111 therefore I will take them turning me down as an excuse to treat them like crap" threads?!...

OP, that message comes across like it was written by an utter tosspot. I would have told you where to stick it.

Yeah but I've tried the nice approach numerous times yet nothing. Hardly surprising I tested that message out. I only did it as a test, I'm not really like that. However, the saying is 'treat them mean, keep them keen' so i thought id try a message like that and low and behold...i get responses.

Its hilarious in a way. I just dont understand it myself.
Reply 5
Original post by Mickey O'Neil
Yeah but I've tried the nice approach numerous times yet nothing. Hardly surprising I tested that message out. I only did it as a test, I'm not really like that. However, the saying is 'treat them mean, keep them keen' so i thought id try a message like that and low and behold...i get responses.

Its hilarious in a way. I just dont understand it myself.

You were honest which is more than most people on those sites I imagine.

Or maybe they just want to continue talking to troll you. That's definitely what I would do if I got that message!
Reply 6
Original post by redferry

Or maybe they just want to continue talking to troll you. That's definitely what I would do if I got that message!

trolls are some of the saddest creatures that live on this planet.
Reply 7
Original post by astroturf
trolls are some of the saddest creatures that live on this planet.

Well given he was clearly trolling them I'm not sure why you are directing this at me.

Winding sexists up is my favourite past time though.

Well given he was clearly trolling them I'm not sure why you are directing this at me.

True. I was just trying to test the reaction of them. I just wanted to test what would get a response. As I've said, I've tried to the gentleman approach which is true to how i am really and in person, yet that didn't work. Oh well aye. Life goes on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9

maybe he was not?

maybe he was genuinely desperate after having spent endless days on a stupid dating website just to be rejected by any single woman?
Reply 10
True. I was just trying to test the reaction of them. Im a male feminist myself but just wanted to test what would get a response. As I've said, I've tried to the gentleman approach which is true to how i am really and in person, yet that didn't work. Oh well aye. Life goes on.

My judgement would be either they are genuinely thick or find what you said humorous.

IIT works both ways, check this article:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-things-i-learned-from-worst-online-dating-profile-ever/
Reply 11

Winding sexists up is my favourite past time though

:five:
Original post by astroturf
maybe he was not?

maybe he was genuinely desperate after having spent endless days on a stupid dating website just to be rejected by any single woman?

No I'm seeing someone tbh. I was just doing it for research purposes.
Original post by thecrediblehulk

For me this is only half true. I hate needy men but I don't mind being the dominant one.
Reply 14

Your case is not relevant to the general point I was making.
All women and hot gay guys tend to have their pic of men :yy:. They can therefore be choosy.
They feed on desperation so when you change the rules a bit, they get a bit intrigued and respond.
op, have you ever watched the dog whisperer ? did you see what happens when you treat a dog too kindly? it's basic group dynamics for pretty much every social mammal out there. now remember: he's not hurting them, he's just being dominant.
Reply 17
Isn't the point that you're supposed to emotionally engage them

Yeah, I inspect vaginas as well, for research purposes as my profession of a gynaecologist
Reply 18
True. I was just trying to test the reaction of them. Im a male feminist myself but just wanted to test what would get a response. As I've said, I've tried to the gentleman approach which is true to how i am really and in person, yet that didn't work. Oh well aye. Life goes on.

Being rude to someone to "test their reaction" is not OK, even if you are just (apparently) trying to "test their reaction".

This isn't even a feminist/equality issue, it's basic manners and courtesy. I would never message guys like that on a dating site, even if I wasn't getting much attention. (In b4 "well you would never not get much attention" - if I were obese and not getting any attention it would still not be OK).

Someone is not a true gentleman/lady if they would give up their manners in a heartbeat.

The only approach that will "work" long term is actually being someone of decent character.
Original post by ORogers
Isn't the point that you're supposed to emotionally engage them

Yeah, I inspect vaginas as well, for research purposes as my profession of a gynaecologist

No I was just testing what did and didn't work. My mates keep complaining they cant pull on OKCupid so I set up an account a few days back to give it a go. No wonder they dont get any luck on there, you have to be a dick to get anywhere on there.

Im fortunate that I'm seeing someone so i was only doing it to test it out. Its quite a crap site in all fairness but my mates told me to sign up and have a go because i didn't believe them how hard it was to get a response on them.

Quick Reply

Latest