The Student Room Group

Do modern women have impossible dating standards?

Do they?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Do they?

Perhaps a more apt question for you is "why wont women lower their standards for me?"
Reply 3
I must be really boring then cos I'm not bad looking.
Reply 4
I completely agree with Greg. I've only ever been called difficult by people who could not be disciplined enough to meet my standards. Those who are mature have had no issues with them. What do I ask for? Loyalty. Mutual respect. A true partnership. Similar values. I've never asked for anything I don't bring to the table. Those are not impossible standards but the immature folks still complain.

I once had one scream that I was a b*tch and would always be alone because I said I wouldn't take back a cheater. If all men cheat as he claimed; then, I would rather be alone. I'm not lowering my standards to accommodate disrespect.
Reply 5

Or desperate, we girls don't just choose anyone, if you are desperate or have a **** personality then chances are you won't get any girl, that's the brutal truth
Reply 6
Original post by I am Tina
Or desperate, we girls don't just choose anyone, if you are desperate or have a **** personality then chances are you won't get any girl, that's the brutal truth

I've been told I'm good looking I think I'm just boring to them(but not myself)
Reply 7

When looking for a serious partner, looks are nowhere near as important as a person's personality and views. What if something happens in the future and a person's looks fade? Will the relationship die? No. The bond you share through that person's personality is what will keep the relationship going. You should aim to love not just their appearance but their presence.
Do they?

Rather than being upset about modern women’s high standards, I suggest that you work hard to meet them. The life of a man is ultra-competitive.

Here are some pointers:

1. Go to the gym
2. Get your resources up.
3. Strive to be the best version of yourself.

I have an extra one. When you get to the top, make sure you have multiple women. Don't settle for one female.

some more advice can be found here:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/GzVeNVfsp-Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk&pp=ygUfY2xlYW4geW91ciByb29tIGpvcmRhbiBwZXRlcnNvbg%3D%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_YWu9WAvg&pp=ygUWY2FuZGFjZSBvd2VucyBhbmRyZXcgdA%3D%3D

Good luck
Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800
Rather than being upset about modern women’s high standards, I suggest that you work hard to meet them. The life of a man is ultra-competitive.

Here are some pointers:

1. Go to the gym
2. Get your resources up.
3. Strive to be the best version of yourself.

I have an extra one. When you get to the top, make sure you have multiple women. Don't settle for one female.

some more advice can be found here:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/GzVeNVfsp-Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk&pp=ygUfY2xlYW4geW91ciByb29tIGpvcmRhbiBwZXRlcnNvbg%3D%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_YWu9WAvg&pp=ygUWY2FuZGFjZSBvd2VucyBhbmRyZXcgdA%3D%3D

Good luck

Thanks, I won't go to the gym much though as it's boring and I don't want to be bulky.
Don't listen to a guy who calls women "females" or dead seriously recommends Andrew tate oh geez. Women aren't a prize to be won.

OP, I suggest you focus on yourself for now, you can be happy and fulfilled without a relationship!
Find hobbies that make you happy, try new things, from cooking or hiking or gardening to woodwork or coding or lifting at the gym, anything at all!
If you find some things that really make you happy, you're bound to come across people who like those things too, and eventually you might hit it off with a woman in those circles!!
The patriarchy hurts men as well, so do your best to break out of the crueler bits. It can be hard, but it's so rewarding to be able to have fun without caring about judgment.
There is no honour in suffering. Being truly strong is to find your own happiness free from the pressures of what it means to be a "man" in the eyes of sexists.
Love yourself for who you are, not for what the world says you should be because of your sex. If you do that, then there'll be people out there who love the real you as well.
Best of luck OP :smile: don't let the world get you down.

Sorry if some of my wording is weird, I'm very tired today lol.
Reply 11
Don't listen to a guy who calls women "females" or dead seriously recommends Andrew tate oh geez. Women aren't a prize to be won.

OP, I suggest you focus on yourself for now, you can be happy and fulfilled without a relationship!
Find hobbies that make you happy, try new things, from cooking or hiking or gardening to woodwork or coding or lifting at the gym, anything at all!
If you find some things that really make you happy, you're bound to come across people who like those things too, and eventually you might hit it off with a woman in those circles!!
The patriarchy hurts men as well, so do your best to break out of the crueler bits. It can be hard, but it's so rewarding to be able to have fun without caring about judgment.
There is no honour in suffering. Being truly strong is to find your own happiness free from the pressures of what it means to be a "man" in the eyes of sexists.
Love yourself for who you are, not for what the world says you should be because of your sex. If you do that, then there'll be people out there who love the real you as well.

Yuck Andrew Tate is a knobhead
Reply 12

Thanks for your input.
Reply 13
It's not nice to be quizzed on how long you been a member of a dating site, then assessed for popularity by the length of time, them accordingly ghosted. Talk about particular and shallow in judgement.

With a personality that leads to such conclusions as "if women are not into me it must be because they have impossible standards", I'm thinking that may be the bigger issue.
Some, not all.
Reply 16

PRSOM.

Any guy who actually likes Andrew Tate's way of viewing women is an automatic no in my books. We are not commodities or prizes. We're humans.
Reply 17
Original post by artful_lounger
With a personality that leads to such conclusions as "if women are not into me it must be because they have impossible standards", I'm thinking that may be the bigger issue.

You'd be surprised how many guys think this at times.
Reply 18
It's not nice to be quizzed on how long you been a member of a dating site, then assessed for popularity by the length of time, them accordingly ghosted. Talk about particular and shallow in judgement.

Get over yourself, you don't have a right to take a girl to bed just like that, if they ghosted you then they are not into you, move on
Reply 19
Original post by I am Tina
Get over yourself, you don't have a right to take a girl to bed just like that, if they ghosted you then they are not into you, move on

Where did I say I had a right to do that? Don't put words into my mouth please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending