The Student Room Group

Depo-provera bleeding??

I started the Depo contraceptive shot a while back and I had three shots from it in total. When I went back to the doctors to get my fourth, they recommended I came off it because it's reputation for weakening your bones, and I already had existing bone problems.
But anyway, I agreed and came off it and I got my period. However, that period has not stopped for 6 months now, and it's driving me crazy. I'll occasionally have a day or two where I won't bleed. Sometimes I'll even have weeks where I won't, but then the bleeding will come back again. I have looked it up online and a lot of women seem to be having similar problems to me, and the NHS website says it can take up to six months for periods to get back to normal, but this is just pushing it. It's affecting my everyday life, and causing a lot of stress. What can I do to stop the bleeding, or regulate my periods? Has this ever happened to any of you?:confused::frown:
Reply 1
If you're willing too, look into getting an implant put in. I was on the depo shot for about a year and a half before I was advised to come off for bone density reasons.

I never had any bleeding on the depo shot, not even spotting. I've also had nothing on my implant, which is Nexplanon. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending