The Student Room Group

are york notes good for english literature?

i bought 4 york note books yesterday, i didn't really check reviews about it until now, and a lot of people say they're not that good :/
Original post by bubblegumcat
i bought 4 york note books yesterday, i didn't really check reviews about it until now, and a lot of people say they're not that good :/

When I was revising for English Literature, I got 2 York Note books. They weren't bad, but in my experience there are generally much better resources on the internet, especially if we're talking about poetry (Mr Bruff single handedly got me full marks in English Literature poetry).
Original post by Chlorophile
When I was revising for English Literature, I got 2 York Note books. They weren't bad, but in my experience there are generally much better resources on the internet, especially if we're talking about poetry (Mr Bruff single handedly got me full marks in English Literature poetry).

I seem to be sponsored by Mr Bruff, the amount of times I have recommended him! :biggrin:
Original post by Chlorophile

English literature is my worst subject so I would like to get at least a B, can you suggest any good internet resources? I've heard of mr bruff before, I though he was quite good. Also I don't think there's any questions in the exam about poetry, we studied it but we were told that we're only doing a controlled assessment on it and the exam would just be on the books we've studied.
can anyone recommend anything good for a view from the bridge and/or that english gcse favourite of mice and men?
Original post by Ben4
I seem to be sponsored by Mr Bruff, the amount of times I have recommended him! :biggrin:

He really can't be recommended enough. With the stuff he uploads, it is literally impossible to do badly.

Quick Reply

Latest