The Student Room Group

The Uber "Feeling the A Level stress" 2014 Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm freaking out, mainly because I'm busy all the time and can't seem to force myself to revise... so much to do aaaarrrghhhh :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*crying* Exams are near yet so far I can do this!!!!!! I NEED to do well this year because i did absolute s*** last year :frown: Putting in effort is so hard and motivation only lasts for 0.1 seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile
So worried I won't get BBB for my Mgeo at keele D: Doing Biology, Chemistry and Geology and got BBB at AS and done way more revision this year xD Feeling good for biology exam, but geology feels like theres nothing to revise from and chemistry ahhh xD Deciding to resit CH2 to hopefully get a high B which will help overall as I felt I could do more for that exam as I revised mainly for CH1 and my other geology exams last year xD
Having the second ISA practical for biology tomorrow; the horrible feeling of gonna fail the written exam is taking over... :frown: :/
Original post by WarNeverChanges
So worried I won't get BBB for my Mgeo at keele D: Doing Biology, Chemistry and Geology and got BBB at AS and done way more revision this year xD Feeling good for biology exam, but geology feels like theres nothing to revise from and chemistry ahhh xD Deciding to resit CH2 to hopefully get a high B which will help overall as I felt I could do more for that exam as I revised mainly for CH1 and my other geology exams last year xD

People generally do better at A2. So if you're putting in the work, then that's all you can do. Don't worry too much :h:
Original post by rosie.96
Having the second ISA practical for biology tomorrow; the horrible feeling of gonna fail the written exam is taking over... :frown: :/

What's the practical on?

Most of them are How Science Works questions, so they should be quite straight forward :smile:
Original post by prettyugly
*crying* Exams are near yet so far I can do this!!!!!! I NEED to do well this year because i did absolute s*** last year :frown: Putting in effort is so hard and motivation only lasts for 0.1 seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, you're not alone!

I've really lacked in energy and motivation over the last few days, but we can do this :h:
I'm doing biology chemistry maths and physics
averaging B and C grades at the moment, still time for them A's

i recommend going onto get revising.com and making your own revision timetable
mine has 40 hours of revision a week, 5 hours of evenly slotted sessions of a mix of different exams
e.g. Today my timetable was:
maths core 2
bio unit 1
physics unit 1
maths core 1
physics unit 1

anyways hope for the best for everyone here!:biggrin:
Original post by bubble999
What's the practical on?

Most of them are How Science Works questions, so they should be quite straight forward :smile:

Its on finding glucose conc. In unknown solutions and those HSW works qs are the ones that I'm scared about :/
Its on finding glucose conc. In unknown solutions and those HSW works qs are the ones that I'm scared about :/

Oh right, so Benedict's reagent etc?

Just think of how one variable may affect another and how confounding/extraneous variables may disrupt this etc etc.
It's mainly common sense really :redface:

Best of luck! :biggrin:
Oh right, so Benedict's reagent etc?

Just think of how one variable may affect another and how confounding/extraneous variables may disrupt this etc etc.
It's mainly common sense really :redface:

Best of luck! :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: , I really hope I ace this one. Btw, if say I get a C in this ISA but get really high marks in Unit 1 and 2, can I still get an A?
Thanks :smile: , I really hope I ace this one. Btw, if say I get a C in this ISA but get really high marks in Unit 1 and 2, can I still get an A?

If it's the same as mine, it's only worth 20%, so it is possible I think :smile:
If it's the same as mine, it's only worth 20%, so it is possible I think :smile:

Well, I'm doing AQA and it's 20% as well so I should be ok, right ? :biggrin:
Original post by SoggyTractor
My feelings when I'm not revising: I need to do work or I will have no future.

My feelings when I'm revising: I need to go to bed.

This basically sums up the A level feels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm doing AQA and it's 20% as well so I should be ok, right ? :biggrin:

Hopefully yeah :smile:

Check this out for more info (I hope the link works):

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA_W_2410_GS.PDF
Anyone stressed with having coursework deadlines as well as exams to do or is it me just over stressing over nothing really?
Don't worry, you're not alone!

I've really lacked in energy and motivation over the last few days, but we can do this :h:

So hard to keep going...😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay xD Well I already had to resit my first as year as that went beyond terrible xD But went from U's to B's so happy :biggrin: And to everyone else doing biology ISA at A2 its not too bad, if you dont already know maybe have a look at WJEC teachers guide for biology :smile: They have the details of what you need in the ISA and they have a few examples of previous ISA's :biggrin:

Damn your doing AQA xD Well maybe theres a teachers guide for that too? xD
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by prettyugly
So hard to keep going...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not long now (compared to the rest of your life) - if you don't put your effort into A Levels now, you'll only look back and regret it. You can do it! :h:
Reply 199
When have you guys started revising for exams?

Quick Reply

Latest