The Student Room Group

The Uber "Feeling the A Level stress" 2014 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lovinlife2
Aha yay! :tongue: Haha yep we sure do :wink: Yep exactly; I'm on AQA! Oh my days, Bio at AS went horribly wrong.. despite my best efforts of working really hard, the grade was great! How was your AS for Bio? :smile:

Im in AS ryt now so yah freak out mode's on :biggrin: oh dear what went wrong? :s-smilie:
Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History. I'm stressed out about economics and history because there is so much to remember and I've only just started my notes with a month to go until my exams.
Original post by rosie.96
Im in AS ryt now so yah freak out mode's on :biggrin: oh dear what went wrong? :s-smilie:

Oh lol, I thought you're at A2 level! :tongue: Haha please freak out in a good way because your exams most of your exams (I presume) are in another month! :colondollar:
Ahh, just misunderstanding the question and also lack of skills to interpret questions when it comes down to application and also lack of knowledge too :frown:So second time lucky! :redface:
Original post by simpletech668
Not just me then!! Haha.

It's not good :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, we're in the same boat as most other people! You're not alone!

I know right :frown: Hope you've started revising, yeah? :redface:
Nah, we're in the same boat as most other people! You're not alone!

I know right :frown: Hope you've started revising, yeah? :redface:

If revising you mean staring at a revision guide and 5 lines of notes hoping that an area of high knowledge (text book) diffuses into an area of low knowledge (my brain) then yea!

See what I did there, Biology revision! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do physics physics maths and Business studies hoping to pull A A B in total , lads its sheer power of will and practise get the marks or die trying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no! That's nasty indeed :frown: Hope none of your other exams overlap!

Acc on the 9th I've got GS unit 4 and chem unit 4 too :frown: exam timetables are just hating me this year, but its cool, im not that bothered about general studies so hopefully should be fine :redface:
Hows your revision going? Finding it difficult to revise for psychology, seems like im just forver making notes :/
Original post by zainabyay
Acc on the 9th I've got GS unit 4 and chem unit 4 too :frown: exam timetables are just hating me this year, but its cool, im not that bothered about general studies so hopefully should be fine :redface:
Hows your revision going? Finding it difficult to revise for psychology, seems like im just forver making notes :/

Yeah on the 9th I have GS 4, Physics unit 2 (I think) and Computing Unit 2. It's fair to say that I do not leave the exam hall

And also on the 2nd I have Computing 1, GS 3 and Biology 2.

Yeah my timetable really is awful!!
Yeah on the 9th I have GS 4, Physics unit 2 (I think) and Computing Unit 2. It's fair to say that I do not leave the exam hall

And also on the 2nd I have Computing 1, GS 3 and Biology 2.

Yeah my timetable really is awful!!

Aaaaaah general studies is such a a huge waste of time, I wish I didn't have to do it :/ are you acc revising for it ? I'm not sure how to or whether there is even a point
Reply 389
I have 9 A2 exams this June isn't looking fun :'( Seem to go through phases in revision of which subject I hate most!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaaaaah general studies is such a a huge waste of time, I wish I didn't have to do it :/ are you acc revising for it ? I'm not sure how to or whether there is even a point

Never had a lesson for it and never will (I do further maths) so there's no point really! Also we're doing the whole A level this year so I don't have any GS exams next year which is good but also annoying! Are you doing the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never had a lesson for it and never will (I do further maths) so there's no point really! Also we're doing the whole A level this year so I don't have any GS exams next year which is good but also annoying! Are you doing the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm in A2 so doing whole thing this year and wasting an hour every week on it (when i acc go to the lesson that is :tongue:) Just it seems pointless to study for something that won't affect unis or my future in any way lol
Just keep doing past papers again and again and again, that's the only way you'll do well in the exam :smile: Best of luck!
What are you aiming to do?

thanks for the advice, i need to start doing past papers soon! My offer is for Medicine :smile: I don't have an insurance so it's either meeting the offer or gap year :s-smilie:
Ah I'm in A2 so doing whole thing this year and wasting an hour every week on it (when i acc go to the lesson that is :tongue:) Just it seems pointless to study for something that won't affect unis or my future in any way lol

Yeah when most Uni's don't care what you get, why are we still doing it? It just doesn't add up where everything else we do at school is to prepare us for Uni, where does GS fit in?!
If revising you mean staring at a revision guide and 5 lines of notes hoping that an area of high knowledge (text book) diffuses into an area of low knowledge (my brain) then yea!

See what I did there, Biology revision! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha :lol: I see what you did there - very clever indeed! Obviously the revision is not diffusing well into your brain cells! :tongue:

Oh dearr :frown: I feel for you! Same here! It's like the year where you want a nice timetable, is the year the exam boards wreck it all up for you :frown: Haha sure you'll do fine!
My revision is going well, I'm pretty happy with it at the moment, but I'll be picking up the pace soon (in another 2 days!). How is your going?
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees psychology like that; it's just never-ending :bawling:
Original post by tamil4
thanks for the advice, i need to start doing past papers soon! My offer is for Medicine :smile: I don't have an insurance so it's either meeting the offer or gap year :s-smilie:

You're welcome - fellow Tamilian here, so thought I'd give you a hand :smile: Ahh good luck with that and yeah past papers will help you! Haha wasn't surprised that you were gonna say Medicine - wicked course though :smile: Ahh noo, wish you all the best!
Where are you applying to? :smile:
So much to learn for psychology :frown:
You're welcome - fellow Tamilian here, so thought I'd give you a hand :smile: Ahh good luck with that and yeah past papers will help you! Haha wasn't surprised that you were gonna say Medicine - wicked course though :smile: Ahh noo, wish you all the best!
Where are you applying to? :smile:

Tamilian as well! Lol just put 2 pence in there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha :lol: I see what you did there - very clever indeed! Obviously the revision is not diffusing well into your brain cells! :tongue:

Yeah im finding it quite hard to concentrate when revising, suddenly everything else becomes more interesting, like the Pistorius trial. I watched that the whole day yesterday!!! I can't believe it but it was interesting much more interesting than revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest