The Student Room Group

The Uber "Feeling the A Level stress" 2014 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stephh_elliott
Anyone else really stressed over A2 maths???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, well, if you mean the prospect of doing C4. That stuff is horrendous. My last exam as well, so going to be dreading it for the longest possible amount of time!
Original post by ellecttric
Yep, well, if you mean the prospect of doing C4. That stuff is horrendous. My last exam as well, so going to be dreading it for the longest possible amount of time!

C4 isn't that bad. It's just mostly calculus really with a few easy marks on binomial/partial fractions. Vectors can be a little trickly but the first parts in a vectors question are perfectly doable. If you nail the integration in C4, you've got like a C already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QuantumSuicide
C4 isn't that bad. It's just mostly calculus really with a few easy marks on binomial/partial fractions. Vectors can be a little trickly but the first parts in a vectors question are perfectly doable. If you nail the integration in C4, you've got like a C already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. The calculus is straightforward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraaaaa
Mine aren't much further behind haha! Five weeks is plenty of time. I tend to do most of my past papers in the couple of weeks before, with a couple before that. I also tend to save one and not do that until the week before because, when you've done a past paper once, you tend to remember the answers rather than work them out!

Ok so you're saying I should probably start past papers :smile: I'll try and get some done :smile:
Original post by daisychain_
Ok so you're saying I should probably start past papers :smile: I'll try and get some done :smile:

Maybe do one or two but I start doing mine two weeks before or so because there isn't much point if you haven't learnt the notes yet, cos then you can go over any topics you get wrong on the past papers when you feel you've learnt it. Everyone's different though so don't take my word 100%
Original post by lauraaaaa
Maybe do one or two but I start doing mine two weeks before or so because there isn't much point if you haven't learnt the notes yet, cos then you can go over any topics you get wrong on the past papers when you feel you've learnt it. Everyone's different though so don't take my word 100%

It's just that I don't know how to space the past papers as I'm going to have a week of exams
Original post by ellecttric

My exact same feelings!! :frown: the amount of times I've cried over C4 is crazy! Yeah it's my last exam too! which is annoying cuz I wanna finish on a good note but if C4 goes badly then I'm gonna be sad! :frown: Theres just so much to learn! I hate vectors and there is so much integration!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

True I suppose! it just takes a lot to understand all the integration stuff that's the problem!! :/ and vectors!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
I'm doing A2 English lang/lit, French and Music, plus re-taking the AS English coursework and the AS French paper. NOT TOO DIFFICULT, EH(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My first exam is on the last day of April. That one I'm not overly scared of, but it's a music performance exam, which means I need to know every piece I'm playing by heart... I know 2/3 100%, but the third is still in progress.

I think I'ma really struggle with the music paper (Edexcel, anyone else doing it?) because we need to know 14 pieces of music inside out. It's ruddy difficult.
Im taking AS; Psychplogy, chemistry and biology and hoping to pick up Photography next year. Does any one have any idea as to what topics are due up in the AS psychology exam????. Is anyone else stressing so much they cant sleep at noght :dontknow: huhh. Cant wait for exams to be over. :confused::confused::teeth::teeth::lolwut::lolwut::tsr:
Original post by stephh_elliott
My exact same feelings!! :frown: the amount of times I've cried over C4 is crazy! Yeah it's my last exam too! which is annoying cuz I wanna finish on a good note but if C4 goes badly then I'm gonna be sad! :frown: Theres just so much to learn! I hate vectors and there is so much integration!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Intergration, intergration, intergration. It's literally what makes it so hard, I hate it. At least we're all in the same boat! Sure we'll nail it, have faith! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah just trying to nail that integration isn't as easy as it sounds. Getting there though..!
When I first answered the poll on this thread, I said, "yeah, quite" oh how times have changed. I've hit panic mode :'(
Is anyone doing EMPA for chem 3? how do u prepare for it?
Original post by couragesuccess
Im taking AS; Psychplogy, chemistry and biology and hoping to pick up Photography next year. Does any one have any idea as to what topics are due up in the AS psychology exam????. Is anyone else stressing so much they cant sleep at noght :dontknow: huhh. Cant wait for exams to be over. :confused::confused::teeth::teeth::lolwut::lolwut::tsr:

If i remember correctly, the 12 mark questions in my psychology exams last year were on attachment and stress (AQA Psychology A)
Original post by bazinga123!
If i remember correctly, the 12 mark questions in my psychology exams last year were on attachment and stress (AQA Psychology A)

Yeah I'm pretty sure mine was feral children....oh how I wish it was still that simple haha
Reply 596
Original post by micksocurly
When I first answered the poll on this thread, I said, "yeah, quite" oh how times have changed. I've hit panic mode :'(

Same here! I'm at the breakdown stage, I even cried to my mum for an hour last week :frown:
I hope its on attachment then on conformity they change all the time :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
Same here! I'm at the breakdown stage, I even cried to my mum for an hour last week :frown:

Aww! Hang in there! I know how you feel, been choking back the tears aha. What subjects are you studying? X
Reply 599
Original post by micksocurly
Aww! Hang in there! I know how you feel, been choking back the tears aha. What subjects are you studying? X

I'm glad someone else understands :smile: I'm studying English Literature, History and Art (huge waste of time). I'm sure your subjects aren't as bad as mine so you'll do better than me at the end lol

Quick Reply

Latest