The Student Room Group

The Uber "Feeling the A Level stress" 2014 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannie Rose
I've only got 1 exam left and I've got quite a while because it's not until 18th June. But I missed pretty much the entire module due to time off school so I'm having to teach myself rather than just revise and I really haven't got the motivation or the energy to do anything :s-smilie: It doesn't help that I already feel as though I've done no where near as well as I could have in my other 2 maths modules, so I really don't want to get too invested in this exam just to feel like I've let myself down even more if it goes wrong :frown:

What exam is it D1? You've got one left to prepare for don't give up! If you just learn/revise and go through past papers for a few hours each day up until the exam you'll be fine. Can't you go into school and revise? You'll be forced to and you can ask for help from your teachers, since you missed some lessons. Even if you didn't do as well in the other two you can retake next year but try and get the most marks in this final exam! You can do it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my unit 2 chemistry and biology as well as S1 coming up, and i'm on here procrastinating.
I've been crying every day this holiday out of stress :cry::cry: first exam is on Monday, thought I was prepared but now I've realised I'm really not...
Original post by vincentjack
You have ages! Is it maths? If you use examsolutions and past papers and international papers you could do very very well, so don't worry!
I'm starting S1 revision next Tuesday so I get 7 days to do it and I'm expecting an A lol - have faith :angel:

It's D1 maths. I'll have a look at those websites. Thank you :smile:

Original post by prettyugly
What exam is it D1? You've got one left to prepare for don't give up! If you just learn/revise and go through past papers for a few hours each day up until the exam you'll be fine. Can't you go into school and revise? You'll be forced to and you can ask for help from your teachers, since you missed some lessons. Even if you didn't do as well in the other two you can retake next year but try and get the most marks in this final exam! You can do it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's D1. I'm going into school to revise on Monday and Tuesday, but then I start lessons for my A2 courses on Wednesday. I'm going to cut down the amount of independent study I do for my other subjects a bit until after this exam though, so that I can dedicate at least one of my supervised study periods each day to revising for it.
Original post by Hannie Rose

Yeah it's D1. I'm going into school to revise on Monday and Tuesday, but then I start lessons for my A2 courses on Wednesday. I'm going to cut down the amount of independent study I do for my other subjects a bit until after this exam though, so that I can dedicate at least one of my supervised study periods each day to revising for it.

Ahh ok those A2 lessons really suck!
http://youtu.be/rmhasdXpKVk He goes through each of the topics, hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muf_mur
i thought i was the only one who had given up,reading the recent posts i can see i am not. i have 10 exams and i have wasted the last 5 days watching movies.i keep on telling myself its going to be fine when deep down i know its just an excuse.last year the same thing happened,i can't believe i am repeating my mistake again.

I had 12 in total (8 still left to do ) and completely get you. I just wish i had revised during Easter so that i didn't have to cover so much information in such a short space of time. Last year i actually worked hard but panicking got the better of me :frown:.
There's still time, get rid of all distractions, go to the library with no phone if you must :tongue:
good luck :smile:
I've only just heard of adjustment, Can anyone explain what this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophie1994
I've only just heard of adjustment, Can anyone explain what this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Opposite of clearing.

If you exceed your firm choice's offer you can keep that offer but browse around other universities whose typical offer requirements you meet to see if they've got spare places.
Feel sick with stress. I am not up for this.
Original post by muf_mur
i thought i was the only one who had given up,reading the recent posts i can see i am not. i have 10 exams and i have wasted the last 5 days watching movies.i keep on telling myself its going to be fine when deep down i know its just an excuse.last year the same thing happened,i can't believe i am repeating my mistake again.

Oh thank gold i'm not the only one. I'm currently watching dragon ball z kai and just reassuring myself it's big break i'm taking for all the 'hard work' i've done.
Anyone just going crazy from all this revision?! :afraid:
I just want Tuesday to hurry up and come because by then I would only have one exam left. But I have 3 exams in the space of two days.
Ugh, I'm not feeling good at all for these two ICT exams coming up x: I've been trying to revise all week for the first ICT exam which is on the Monday, but it's been an absolute flop. I'm hoping that it goes well, but can't help but stress over it.

Last exam is on the 9th June (second ICT exam) and I'm even more worried for that one!
Last exam in Tuesday so I'm readying myself for a major sleep/eating fest !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm ****ing myself over this exam on Monday, like all the knowledge and exam techniques is slowly leaking from my brain :frown: I can't answer 1 ****ing past question atm :cry:
(edited 9 years ago)
If those pills from limitless existed,i would do anything to get my hands on them
Original post by Jennaxeg
Last exam in Tuesday so I'm readying myself for a major sleep/eating fest !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah luckyyy my first proper exam starts on Tuesday (not including a retake or general studies haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
exam season really is the worse time to start rewatching old tv shows- 2 days to revise the entirety of unit 2 chem and bio. hmmm...
Let's think about it this way... If everyone struggles this year then the grade boundaries will be lower than previous years so if you are struggling now you probably won't be alone since everyone else will be struggling with you which means you may be under unnecessary pressure because a b or c grade last year could be an a grade this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by juniorx
Let's think about it this way... If everyone struggles this year then the grade boundaries will be lower than previous years so if you are struggling now you probably won't be alone since everyone else will be struggling with you which means you may be under unnecessary pressure because a b or c grade last year could be an a grade this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or that everyone has been revising very hard and knows their stuff :smile: I feel like I'm ready to get my exams over with even though I'm not 100% ready

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest