The Student Room Group

The Uber "Feeling the A Level stress" 2014 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubble999
Awww what exams do you have? :console:

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're very kind :hugs:

I have Psychology tomorrow and then Biology Unit 4 on Friday, then Biology Unit 5 to top it all off and then I'm done but it's A LOT of work!

How about yourself? :redface:

Thank you so much!
Exams over!

I'd be happier if I felt more confident about my last exam, S1.
I have burnt out. I just want a break from touching my books to revise anything. I have forgotten what a social life feels like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
Reminded me of doctor who :colone: if you don't watch it, you should :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will,after all this madness is over :tongue:
How many people have finished their exams?
Original post by Ndella
How many people have finished their exams?

I HAD MY LAST EXAM TODAY!!!
But seeing as I'm doing cie a levels in a year and a half, I have about nine weeks to cover the entire a2 syllabus, so better start studying now..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still have 3 exams to do, but they're all A2 maths (AS level finished) and I just can't be bothered after all these exams. They're not the hardest exams I have but they're certainly the most important so this is something that must not be screwed up :s-smilie:

Anyone in the same position?
Original post by sellerofdreams
I HAD MY LAST EXAM TODAY!!!
But seeing as I'm doing cie a levels in a year and a half, I have about nine weeks to cover the entire a2 syllabus, so better start studying now..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! How does the end of this pressure feel? Does that mean you do both AS and A2 in a year? If so, I'll pray for you :eek:
Original post by moonriver96
thanks for the tip! :smile:

I do the same with papers on my ipad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Panicking so much now but I'm struggling to do anything about it because I've well and truly burnt myself out.

9 days until my last exam so I can resurrect my social life, read, catch up on TV, sleep, not cry. Ahhhhh.

PS results day 8 weeks on Thursday, fabulous :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Feel like I'm not doing enough revision. :frown:
Been working hard all year making revision materials and revising for little tests, but I feel so burned out right now and feel like I should be constantly revising.
Original post by L'ananas
Feel like I'm not doing enough revision. :frown:
Been working hard all year making revision materials and revising for little tests, but I feel so burned out right now and feel like I should be constantly revising.

You need to give yourself a break, you sound like you've done loads and it'll be in your long term memory which is much better than cramming. Do light revision and have long breaks and you'll do fine. Just don't over work yourself or you will preform poorly in the exam. Best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am completely not stressed. Maybe worryingly apathetic towards my exams. But I suppose that happens when you have massive gaps between exams and no real drive to keep the pressure up >.<
Today was the worst day of revision for me. Nothing was going in for M1. I spent 12 hours revising for it today and i just hope that it was only a bad day that i was having. I have to admit that i was tired from 12pm onwards today so i dont think i was concentrating as much as i usually do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Today was the worst day of revision for me. Nothing was going in for M1. I spent 12 hours revising for it today and i just hope that it was only a bad day that i was having. I have to admit that i was tired from 12pm onwards today so i dont think i was concentrating as much as i usually do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 hours is too much to do in one day! You're brain just can't concentrate for that long. You'd be better off spending less time and you'll actually get more done. You need regular breaks for your brain to process the information and store it. Don't worry we all have those days where nothing goes in just stay calm and you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by hairclip
12 hours is too much to do in one day! You're brain just can't concentrate for that long. You'd be better off spending less time and you'll actually get more done. You need regular breaks for your brain to process the information and store it. Don't worry we all have those days where nothing goes in just stay calm and you'll be fine :smile:

thanks. it is just that i have always revised for long hours when exam season comes around but i usually end up procrastinating for half of the time:colondollar:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
thanks. it is just that i have always revised for long hours when exam season comes around but i usually end up procrastinating for half of the time:colondollar:

ah well if you "revise" for 12 hours but only actually 6 hours of proper work then that would be fine for your brain :tongue: I thought that you were working properly for 12 hours and was wondering what kind of superhuman you were trying to be :biggrin:
It just occurred to me that people were posting about how absolutely-panic-stricken they were 3 months ago. Bloody hell! TSR creates such a stressful environment in some ways.

Good luck with exams, and congratulations to those (humanities-oriented) lot who have already finished XD
Chemistry is really sick!
Original post by Basilla
It just occurred to me that people were posting about how absolutely-panic-stricken they were 3 months ago. Bloody hell! TSR creates such a stressful environment in some ways.

Good luck with exams, and congratulations to those (humanities-oriented) lot who have already finished XD

We'd be panicking without TSR anyway, so we might as well support each other

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest