The Student Room Group

Why don't I get on with most other girls? anyone else have this problem?

I've realised all my life I've found it hard relating to girls.
Especially the ones who love attention, flirty , or the ones that have to be in a group an do everything together or talk about people b*tching or generally more extroverted than me.
Sometimes around them I'm quiet but I observe I do try and talk sometimes I'm always ignored and the girls never really talk to me I end up making the effort.
I don't know why I usually quite relaxed , not as emotional I don't talk about people behind their back, I'm nice to them they just seem to ignore me. Other times I've had girls hate me for no reason at all when we've never spoke to just hate me an talk about me. I usually just ignore everything an shrug it off not letting anything get to me.
I'm fairly independent I don't follow the crowd I just do whatever , I'm quite fashionable I'm told, I'm comfortable on my own sometimes. I'm friendly with most except it's harder around those types of girls I still try. I get on with other relaxed sorta girl or other girls who aren't cliqueish . I'm quite strong minded. I'm very into fitness & general health and I'm more relaxed talking to guys I'm a lot warmer an jokey although my closest friends are two girls and a guy.
I just don't understand why I don't relate to girls well.
I guess I am a little tomboy I don't dress that way at all I am still into some girly things like make up etc I just don't talk about it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How's your relationship with your father?
Reply 2
Original post by Awesome-o
How's your relationship with your father?

It's alright I get on more with him than my mother.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It's alright I get on more with him than my mother.

I see. And herein lies your problem.

Do you own or have any experiences with horses?
Reply 4

I'm not sure where you're going with this but I'm very much interested...

It is not a problem.

Just befriend the type of girls and boys you already talk to. I never really got on with the cocky extroverted boys in high school.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6

No but I don't hate horses or anything lol
Reply 7
No but I don't hate horses or anything lol

I see.

And what event made you utterly ashamed when you were young? Where all the eyes in the room where locked on you, where you just wanted a hole in the ground to swallow you up? As you glanced across the room to your father, craving affection but getting nothing but resentment?

I feel like Freud has entered the room.
Reply 9
Especially the ones who love attention, flirty , or the ones that have to be in a group an do everything together or talk about people b*tching or generally more extroverted than me.
Sometimes around them I'm quiet but I observe I do try and talk sometimes I'm always ignored and the girls never really talk to me I end up making the effort.
I don't know why I usually quite relaxed , not as emotional I don't talk about people behind their back, I'm nice to them they just seem to ignore me. Other times I've had girls hate me for no reason at all when we've never spoke to just hate me an talk about me. I usually just ignore everything an shrug it off not letting anything get to me.
I'm fairly independent I don't follow the crowd I just do whatever , I'm quite fashionable I'm told, I'm comfortable on my own sometimes. I'm friendly with most except it's harder around those types of girls I still try. I get on with other relaxed sorta girl or other girls who aren't cliqueish . I'm quite strong minded. I'm very into fitness & general health and I'm more relaxed talking to guys I'm a lot warmer an jokey although my closest friends are two girls and a guy.
I guess I am a little tomboy I don't dress that way at all I am still into some girly things like make up etc I just don't talk about it.

This would be the perfect description of me last year. :eek: I don't know exactly why, but I became a lot more extroverted in the last six months. Maybe because I'm currently home educated and I have to make an effort to make friends...but who knows

Anyways, I don't think there really is a problem. You're an unique person who doesn't follow the crowd and that's an amazing thing. My best advice is to stay close to the friends you do have now and ignore the ones that gossip and are attention-seeking. You can be nice to them but you don't necessarily have to befriend them...or at least that's what I did. Hope that helps!! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by SophiaKeuning
I feel like Freud has entered the room.

So does he.
Reply 11
I see.

And what event made you utterly ashamed when you were young? Where all the eyes in the room where locked on you, where you just wanted a hole in the ground to swallow you up? As you glanced across the room to your father, craving affection but getting nothing but resentment?

I don't know where this is going....there's no conflict with my an my father :confused: ....
Reply 12
Original post by jemi38
This would be the perfect description of me last year. :eek: I don't know exactly why, but I became a lot more extroverted in the last six months. Maybe because I'm currently home educated and I have to make an effort to make friends...but who knows

Anyways, I don't think there really is a problem. You're an unique person who doesn't follow the crowd and that's an amazing thing. My best advice is to stay close to the friends you do have now and ignore the ones that gossip and are attention-seeking. You can be nice to them but you don't necessarily have to befriend them...or at least that's what I did. Hope that helps!! :smile:

Thats the thing I don't really have any friends I'm close to in uni yet as I had to ditch the group of girls I hung with cause I felt they ignored me and I made all the effort I know I was quiet some times I was just never comfortable with them. I have acquaintances I talk to occasionally I just don't hang with anybody at breaks anymore.
I don't know where this is going....there's no conflict with my an my father :confused: ....

You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs.
Reply 14
Thats the thing I don't really have any friends I'm close to in uni yet as I had to ditch the group of girls I hung with cause I felt they ignored me and I made all the effort I know I was quiet some times I was just never comfortable with them. I have acquaintances I talk to occasionally I just don't hang with anybody at breaks anymore.

Hmm sorry I really don't know what uni life is like because I don't really start until this September. Well my family and I actually just moved to London back in October and I had to leave behind most of my friends in US. However, I still keep in touch with them through Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp. Trust me, it still does get lonely sometimes and I just feel so down. I just tell myself that at the next stage in life, things will be different. I'm sorry that I don't know how exactly to help you but if you ever need someone to talk to, just send me a PM :smile:
Perhaps you get on better with men than women?

I'm the same - I get on better with men than women, however I have more female friends that male friends.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Dee Leigh
Perhaps you get on better with men than women?

I'm the same - I get on better with men than women, however I have more female friends that male friends.

I'm the same . I just find it hard to find which girls I relate to in general. The girls I know that I'm friends with I've been friends with a long time no one new or it never goes past the acquaintance level.
I definitely get on better with guys than girls :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sounds like you don't like a particular type of girl and you are attributing those characteristics to all - or at least most - girls. You are not so special - there are plenty of other girls that are not like that but if you have this attitude towards other women before you even meet them it's probably not helping you make friends. I would advise you drop this assumption about their personality based on their gender alone and I suspect you'd find it a lot easier to get along with them.
Reply 19

I hate other girls as well for the same reasons but also, my ex boyfriend is really hot and girls have always been so jealous random girls hate me because I was dating someone they wanted. They hated men without even knowing me because my boyfriend was hot. Now that we've broken up girls come to explain in detail what they do with my ex just to hurt my feelings. A lot of girls are evil. I've always been halfway between girly and tomboy (depending on who I'm with) so guys talk to me more than they talk to my friend. Then the girls get jealous. Girls = UNNECESSARY DRAMA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending