The Student Room Group

Should you ask a girl if she’s speaking on anyone else?

So iv been talking to this girl for 3 weeks now, met her online and even been on a date.

It might sound a little insecure but do people ask the person their speaking to if they are talking to anyone else or not? If so after how long? Is 3 weeks enough? And how can I ask without sounding insecure?
Original post by Anonymous
So iv been talking to this girl for 3 weeks now, met her online and even been on a date.

It might sound a little insecure but do people ask the person their speaking to if they are talking to anyone else or not? If so after how long? Is 3 weeks enough? And how can I ask without sounding insecure?

it doesn't sound insecure lmao just straight up ask in a nice way obviously tho don't make it sound like ur accusing her or anything
Reply 2
While you're not in an exclusive relationship with each other as formal boyfriend and girlfriend - no, don't ask if your girl is talking to other guys. You will play the insecurity card and drive her away. Until she makes it exclusive with you, chances are that she is talking to other people. You can be pretty certain about that without having to ask her.
Reply 3
I wouldn’t, just seek to escalate things with her if it’s going well
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1

Its not insecure to ask that question to someone you are serious about. Its a normal question to ask and it shows that you are secure in yourself to ask that question. If you are wanting to take someone serious, you should ask because that will determine if you should continue to pursue the person or not.

the way you ask is basically being honest about your feelings toward the person. So have a conversation. say something along the lines of, I like you, I know its early and I am interested in getting to know you more. . . are you currently talking to anyone else at the moment.
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
I wouldn’t, just seek to escalate things with her if it’s going well

why wouldnt you ask. if you are considering taking someone serious, isnt that one of the things you would be concerned about? or you wouldnt care if shes talking to other guys?
Reply 6
Original post by asif007
While you're not in an exclusive relationship with each other as formal boyfriend and girlfriend - no, don't ask if your girl is talking to other guys. You will play the insecurity card and drive her away. Until she makes it exclusive with you, chances are that she is talking to other people. You can be pretty certain about that without having to ask her.

I think your answer is half true here. Because you say Until she makes it exclusive with you. I think most women want and do appreciate when a man has leadership traits. Why wait for the woman to make the first move? I think its safe to assume shes talking to other men as you stated but at the same time, I think its healthy to ask a woman that you are seriously interested in but you have to ask it properly.

Because same time a woman can assume that you are not interested in her if you do not show that you are interested by saying nothing or not expressing that you are interested.

the man is basically building his communication and social skills by asking and then allowing himself to value his own time and energy because if he never asks and he continuously invests in a woman who IS talking to other men, he is setting himself up to be hurt. Its better to be honest and just ask. She might actually appreciate that he takes that initiative.

men should not fear talking to women or fear that shes going to not like him if he asks. As long as he asks in a healthy positive way, there should be no problem.
Reply 7
Original post by zaina.aa
it doesn't sound insecure lmao just straight up ask in a nice way obviously tho don't make it sound like ur accusing her or anything

I fully agree with this answer.
Reply 8
If you're dating, you can ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending