The Student Room Group

Is there someone for everyone in this world

Everyone deserves to experience what love feels like, I personally feel unlucky and heartbroken right now.

My parent says, some guys are just scared of me because "I'm too beautiful" and they don't deserve to be with me because I'm out of their league.

I often have to look at myself in the mirror. I know inside, that I am a nice, kind, loyal person. I will never hurt anyone, or cause drama. Just why can't I meet someone, so we can just chill and go through life together?

Is there really a someone for everyone in this world? Are people just lucky to experience love?
Original post by Anonymous
Everyone deserves to experience what love feels like, I personally feel unlucky and heartbroken right now.

My parent says, some guys are just scared of me because "I'm too beautiful" and they don't deserve to be with me because I'm out of their league.

I often have to look at myself in the mirror. I know inside, that I am a nice, kind, loyal person. I will never hurt anyone, or cause drama. Just why can't I meet someone, so we can just chill and go through life together?

Is there really a someone for everyone in this world? Are people just lucky to experience love?

idk tbh i've always been rejected because of my race or my colour Even the way i dress but remember to always be yourself i had to do that the hard way
Reply 2

Hi there.

Try not to focus on what your parents said too much. Trust is a key part of any relationship and it'll take time to build up. The right person is out there and will like you are you are - try not to lose hope.

Best wishes. :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)

Any reason you're feeling like that? Did you have a bad experience, or just that you don't get approached?

There's actually some truth in that... a lot of guys find very pretty girls intimidating because

a) There's a stereotype of the formula (Young Girl + Good Looks= Bad Attitude)
b) If an attractive girl blows a guy out, it's a blow to his ego... whereas if it's an average / less attractive girl, it's much easier to brush off.

See above

I personally believe there is at least one person out there, yes... but sometimes you need to be proactive yourself. They're not going to find you if you're hiding in your bedroom are they?!? How old are you? If over 18, do you go to bars / clubs, or wherever single people might go? Are you on dating sites / apps? If you're out and about, it's worth remembering that even something as simple as a smile can reduce the whole "attitude" thingy.

Original post by TheBlackRabbit56
idk tbh i've always been rejected because of my race or my colour Even the way i dress but remember to always be yourself i had to do that the hard way

Yep... I've had those rejections myself, and it's not nice.

One girl I fancied looked at me for a few seconds and said, "You know, I think you would be really fit... if you were white" Made my day :curious:

Not by luck just fate and destiny
Original post by Mohammed_80
Not by luck just fate and destiny

Why did he get banned?
No, there isn't. For starters there aren't an equal number of men and women so it's physically impossible for everyone to have a partner, plus a lot of people aren't compatible with anyone and stay single their entire lives.
No, there isn't. For starters there aren't an equal number of men and women so it's physically impossible for everyone to have a partner, plus a lot of people aren't compatible with anyone and stay single their entire lives.

:lol:

Typical response from a butt-hurt incel.

There are approximately an equal number of men and women across the world (unless you live in China, maybe). Even so, approximately 10% of the world population identifies as LGBTQ, so for many of them the "number of men and women" is not so acute.

As for people who aren't compatible with anyone, that's on their own head. They could learn some basic social skills if they really wanted to.

It will get better! At the end it is also allways work on a relationship, actually fitting togehter and not so much about that you have to be soulmates.
Original post by Old Skool Freak

There are approximately an equal number of men and women across the world (unless you live in China, maybe). Even so, approximately 10% of the world population identifies as LGBTQ, so for many of them the "number of men and women" is not so acute.

As for people who aren't compatible with anyone, that's on their own head. They could learn some basic social skills if they really wanted to.

I agree with most parts but would like to add that despite being compatible and having soft skills, some people might just not want partners due to different reasons like trauma, for example. I know, for sure, that I would never want to dump my baggage onto someone else or bring residual crap in their lives from what I have gone through and I am guessing it's evitable if you want to have an honest relationship.

However, I think OP should focus on what they want rather than listening to people.
Your efforts will be paramount in any relationship and it seems like you are willing to put all.

There are a roughly equal number of men and women overall, but in any specific age group the ratio is skewed. There are more young men as naturally more males are conceived, and more old women as they have a longer life expectancy. Unless 25 year old men start dating 75 year old women there is always going to be an imbalance.

I don't know why people keep repeating the myth that 10% of people are LGBT; census results in western countries usually show it to be about half that, not that it matters much as there are roughly equal numbers of LGBT people for both genders.

I highly doubt that people with certain personality disorders and other mental conditions are going to be compatible with others. No amount of social skills are going to help when the way their brain functions is fundamentally different from almost every other person.
I agree with most parts but would like to add that despite being compatible and having soft skills, some people might just not want partners due to different reasons like trauma, for example. I know, for sure, that I would never want to dump my baggage onto someone else or bring residual crap in their lives from what I have gone through and I am guessing it's evitable if you want to have an honest relationship.

However, I think OP should focus on what they want rather than listening to people.
Your efforts will be paramount in any relationship and it seems like you are willing to put all.

That may be true... but that's down to an individual choice to abstain for a relationship. I think that's different from what the OP was referring to; I could be wrong, but I'm assuming they're referring to someone who wants to find a partner (or one they're compatible with). Even the examples could find someone if they wanted to. Granted, she may answer to the name of Florence Nightingale, but the bottom line is they could find a partner if they really really wanted to, no?

There are a roughly equal number of men and women overall, but in any specific age group the ratio is skewed. There are more young men as naturally more males are conceived, and more old women as they have a longer life expectancy. Unless 25 year old men start dating 75 year old women there is always going to be an imbalance.

I find what you're saying difficult to believe. Can you provide a credible source that backs up what you're saying? Sorry, but I'm not prepared to accept Bob's random Tinder experiment, I would like you to provide a real source that from an accredited University / research institution or an impartial source like ONS. I would also expect you to provide the reasons as to why this is suddenly a problem now, whereas it hasn't been for the thousands / millions of years the human race has existed.

The only instance I can see that's possibly the case is somewhere like China, where sons were more desirable than daughters, and due to the former one child policy, led to many abortions of baby girls. I'll accept there may be a slight imbalance somewhere... but I expect the numbers to be fairly equal; certainly not this "5 guys to every girl" catastrophe you seem to be implying.

IRL, I know plenty of young men in their late teens or early / mid 20's and none of them have any trouble finding someone. It's only on this board hear (or rather see) people complaining.

I don't know why people keep repeating the myth that 10% of people are LGBT; census results in western countries usually show it to be about half that, not that it matters much as there are roughly equal numbers of LGBT people for both genders.

Well don't you think that due to the nature of (and certain attitudes towards) LGBTQ some people may be reluctant to answer the question honestly? Haven't you heard the saying "in the closet?"

I highly doubt that people with certain personality disorders and other mental conditions are going to be compatible with others. No amount of social skills are going to help when the way their brain functions is fundamentally different from almost every other person.

And why shouldn't they be compatible with their male / female equivalents? A lot of disorders and conditions can be cured or at least managed with certain treatment. IMHO, it would probably the most extreme cases where there would be any real truth / credibility in what you're saying... by which most of those would / should either be imprisoned or sectioned anyway.
(edited 9 months ago)
That may be true... but that's down to an individual choice to abstain for a relationship. I think that's different from what the OP was referring to; I could be wrong, but I'm assuming they're referring to someone who wants to find a partner (or one they're compatible with). Even the examples could find someone if they wanted to. Granted, she may answer to the name of Florence Nightingale, but the bottom line is they could find a partner if they really really wanted to, no?

I totally agree with you! :smile:
My response was more to the "learn social skills if they wanted to" part where I just think that it is not as simple as just down to social skills. There might be plethora of reasons why some people might be right for each other but don't want to pursue it and from a personal perspective.
And rightly said, they could find a partner if they really wanted to - hence the suggestion to OP to listen to their heart because they seem to want to pursue it wholeheartedly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending