The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Warwick vs Nottingham

Hey,

I'm currently at university studying BSc Economics and I'm in my third year. I have applied to study MSc Economics at Warwick and Nottingham, and received conditional offers, however I am having doubts of which one to go for. I know that Warwick has a better reputation, however their fees are triple what they're in Nottingham and I' not sure whether it's worth it.

P. S. I'm also planning to do a Phd after that

Please help me:smile:

Thank you!!!
Reply 1
HI!
I was in a similar situation, I asked many professors and I basically read everything I could find on the two unis. In the end my conclusion was that Warwick wasn't worth the super-extra money, so I didn't even apply and I accepted Nottingham's offer.
This is just my personal opinion, I hope it can help! (maybe we'll meet in September!).
Good luck!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I was stuck between the two as well but for different reasons! I went for Nottingham as well, but because Warwick didn't do a catered option as well as it seemed really expensive for what you got?!

Good luck though :smile:
Reply 3
The difference in reputation will be negligible. They're both Russell Group, in the world top 75, perform well in domestic tables, are the two most sought after universities by the UK's largest graduate recruiters, are respected by employers and academics, etc.

If the fees are triple, I'd personally go for Notts on finance alone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending