The Student Room Group

ADMIN : Russian Representative Stand Off Vote

This poll is closed

Who do you want to see as the Representative for Russia?

Nefarious75%
6+6=625%
Total votes: 12
Right, due to the controversy over the Russian rep election, I'm holding a stand off vote between 6+6=6 and Nefarious. It'll only be open for twenty four hours, due to time constraints.

Nefarious’If I’m elected as Russian rep there will be free Шоколад all round.

On a more serious note if I get the job I will do my best to represent the interests of Russia on the international stage.

Erm…that’s it.

6'sI expect that in the time that i have been around most of you have got to know me now. Despite some ups and downs, I belive that i have always done my best to represent the nation which I have chosen.

Being Russian rep would be a big change for me, going from the controversial Venezuela and downright suicidal DPRK to the more conservative KSA. However Russia presents a new challenge for me, to represent a regime which is so ambiguous and at times contradictory in its policies will keep me on my toes and I will represent Russia regularly and accurately.

Finally, as many of you know I have an affinity with power, Russia is a LOT of power and so I will be enthralled to represent them. oh and feel free to ask any questions.

Reason for the standoff ...
There was a little suspicion involved in the rise of 6+6=6's votes, seeing as he very quickly went from last place to (tied) first. Being very vigilant, Apollo consulted PQ to check out who had voted for him. all of them checked out... except one. Amnesia, our Afghani rep, apparently voted for him. It was a bit suspicious seeing as he's never posted in the MUN before, so PQ checked it out. Amnesia is actually a duplicate account of MMA, our Syrian representative, who also voted for 6. In other words, he recieved two votes from the same person. Due to this, 6+6=6 actually received five votes, with Nefarious receiving six, therefore making him the winner of the election, which has now moved in to a stand off vote (this). Due to this, we no longer have an Afghani representative, and MMA is temporarily banned...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Scandalous! I didn't win! :smile:

Like my new name Brim :smile:

Vanuatu has voted :smile:
The Bhutan has voted. Actually, we voted before Vanuatu, but forgot we were supposed to announce the fact.
Reply 3
Yay, back to Una again. It's great Una :wink:
Reply 4
I like being Una again. I'm still agast about what happened. I can't believe I was only one vote behind (And Technially on equal footing to 6+6)

I feel loved :smile:
Reply 5
Actually, I'd advise you not to announce you've voted, as who voted for whom can be worked out that way. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Oh well. I don't think it's a bad thing to tell people who you voted for, it aviods little MMA scandals.
I think Una's a nicer name, too. And I'll defend my choice of vote if necessary.
Reply 8
Agent Smith
I think Una's a nicer name, too. And I'll defend my choice of vote if necessary.

Thankyou.

How it got to be Una I'll never know.

Isn't Una the feminine spanish orm of the number one or the feminine form of 'A'
It is in Italian. "Una ragazza" = "a girl". Could be the same for Spanish.
Reply 10
Yeah, my french is better than my spanish, which is definatly better than my Italiano :smile:
Just as a side note I would recommend reading the last couple of pages of the original thread before voting. This revote is not being held because it was a draw. In fact it might be useful if the reason for the revote was included in the OP in more Detail to save people having to do too much reading.
Reply 12
Basically MMA created another account and voted twice for 6+6=6. So the vote technially came in at 5-6 but in the event of fairness we held a re-vote.

This was in no way 6+6=6's fault by the way, just pesky MMA's
With your permission, I'd like to just copy-and-paste that into the original post as an explanation.
Agent Smith
With your permission, I'd like to just copy-and-paste that into the original post as an explanation.

I doubt Alfie will mind either.
Reply 15
Sure thing
Done.
Reply 17
Woo. The words where taken, quite literally out of my mouth.
Reply 18
Looks like its a tie yet again....

Good luck to the winner.
Reply 19
Lecter
Looks like its a tie yet again.....

Silly Ties

Latest

Trending

Trending