The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a medicine offer holder and I'm selling my 600 UKCAT questions book cheap as I have no need for it. PM me for details

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JackTeh96
I used to be doing IGCSE CIE version. Absolutely enjoy CIE!!
I saw your profile saying that you are doing CIE 5 alevels!! That must have been hard for you...

Hi! I'm still studying for my AS actually, giving my exams this May! It's not too bad, the only subject I find ridiculous is English! They mark so strictly :frown:!
I had a look at your profile and my gosh your academics look amazing! I'm sure you'll definitely get into where you hope to - good luck!

Yeah I haven't tried any other boards because they only offer CIE here, but no complaints apart from their messed up timetables haha - got around three major papers on one day and then two weeks to study for an MCQ... that's CIE.

But anyway glad to hear from other international students because I don't know anyone else who wants to do Medicine in the UK so its great to discuss stuff here!
Reply 182
Original post by sharvarivadeyar
Hi! I'm still studying for my AS actually, giving my exams this May! It's not too bad, the only subject I find ridiculous is English! They mark so strictly :frown:!
I had a look at your profile and my gosh your academics look amazing! I'm sure you'll definitely get into where you hope to - good luck!

Yeah I haven't tried any other boards because they only offer CIE here, but no complaints apart from their messed up timetables haha - got around three major papers on one day and then two weeks to study for an MCQ... that's CIE.

But anyway glad to hear from other international students because I don't know anyone else who wants to do Medicine in the UK so its great to discuss stuff here!

Yes, I am also an international student and an aspiring medic. My stats isn't good i think.., still need to work hard though
Yes, I am also an international student and an aspiring medic. My stats isn't good i think.., still need to work hard though

Good luck with everything!
Original post by MonkeyboyNU
I'm a medicine offer holder and I'm selling my 600 UKCAT questions book cheap as I have no need for it. PM me for details

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Congratulations on your offer! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your offer from?
Original post by sharvarivadeyar
Hey! Congratulations on your offer! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your offer from?

Thanks man! Not at all. I have offers from Newcastle, Durham and Southampton 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MonkeyboyNU
Thanks man! Not at all. I have offers from Newcastle, Durham and Southampton ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! Good luck with everything :biggrin:
GUYS I NEED HELP! I'm going to london to see imperial on the 23rd, amd will look at one informallym maybe two, but I don't know which ones to choose! My options are
QMUL
UCL
KCL
if it helps I'm planning on doing four A2s, I' should get fairly high ums, my GCSEs aren't that strong! Thanks in advance!
Reply 188
Original post by Futuremedic2096
GUYS I NEED HELP! I'm going to london to see imperial on the 23rd, amd will look at one informallym maybe two, but I don't know which ones to choose! My options are
QMUL
UCL
KCL
if it helps I'm planning on doing four A2s, I' should get fairly high ums, my GCSEs aren't that strong! Thanks in advance!

I've only applied to one of those 4 unis (Imperial) so my answer may not be very reliable;

Imperial: As long as you pass their GCSE cutoff (I think it's AAABB) and pass the BMAT cutoff (changes slightly every year, but it's around 4.8, 4.8, 2.5C) you'll be fine applying here. As with all BMAT unis, Imperial is a risky choice due to the fact that you will need to sit the BMAT after the UCAS application deadline.

QMUL: Again, not GCSE heavy but they do require a good balance of UKCAT score and UCAS points. Taking 4 A2s may help you out here, but be sure to calculate your UCAS points before you consider applying here.

KCL: As far as I am aware, KCL is very GCSE heavy so avoid applying here.

UCL: As with KCL, this is a very risky choice as UCL requires both good GCSEs and good BMAT score. I know of a few applicants personally who had poor GCSEs but great BMAT scores, and were rejected without interview.

*Random font change... nice ^^^*
(edited 10 years ago)
[QUOTE="Mehhhh;47102654"]I've only applied to one of those 4 unis (Imperial) so my answer may not be very reliable;

Imperial: As long as you pass their GCSE cutoff (I think it's AAABB) and pass the BMAT cutoff (changes slightly every year, but it's around 4.8, 4.8, 2.5C) you'll be fine applying here. As with all BMAT unis, Imperial is a risky choice due to the fact that you will need to sit the BMAT after the UCAS application deadline.

QMUL: Again, not GCSE heavy but they do require a good balance of UKCAT score and UCAS points. Taking 4 A2s may help you out here, but be sure to calculate your UCAS points before you consider applying here.

KCL: As far as I am aware, KCL is very GCSE heavy so avoid applying here.

UCL: As with KCL, this is a very risky choice as UCL requires both good GCSEs and good BMAT score. I know of a few applicants personally who had poor GCSEs but great BMAT scores, and were rejected without interview.

*Random font change... nice ^^^*[/QUOTE
Thanks
I was just wondering as I'm visiting ICL on a structured day, and was going to pop In somewhere else!
What is your opinion on UCL, it just seems meh, to me they're very vague on their website! I hadn heard that about kings! I love ICL it's amazing, and seems right for me! Where else did you apply, and did you receive offers at all?!
Reply 190
QMUL
UCL
KCL

see you there at open day in Imperial?
see you there at open day in Imperial?

Oooh, what time slot are you?! I'm doing. 1330 one
Reply 192
Oooh, what time slot are you?! I'm doing. 1330 one

i am doing section A :smile:
i am doing section A :smile:

Section B :frown:
Are you looking at anywhere else while you're in London
Reply 194
Section B :frown:
Are you looking at anywhere else while you're in London

I live in London, so not really, but I can stay around for a bit and meet you :tongue:
I'm going with mum, but thanks! I wish I lived in London, I live in a tiny village an hour away from sixth form!
Reply 196
I'm going with mum, but thanks! I wish I lived in London, I live in a tiny village an hour away from sixth form!

Thats fine :smile: It would be great to meet some friends having the same passion, don't you think?
It would be good yes, I have a couple if friends that say they want to do it but they just don't seem passionate it dedicated enough! One of them is getting Ds, they won't listen when I tell them they should probably think about some thing else!
Reply 198
It would be good yes, I have a couple if friends that say they want to do it but they just don't seem passionate it dedicated enough! One of them is getting Ds, they won't listen when I tell them they should probably think about some thing else!

Do you know how to quote ppl in TSR :smile: otherwise, I am not notified when you reply me :smile:
How's your revision going>
Thats fine :smile: It would be great to meet some friends having the same passion, don't you think?

I replied but it didn't quote you in, it's above

Latest

Trending

Trending