The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys,

Do any of you have any tips on how to improve at Section 1 of the BMAT?

Original post by Dragonette
Can someone help me with this question in the following paper (link below)
1st and 12th questions

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/20449-past-paper-section-2-.pdf

Thanks alot

I got B for 1 and E for 12. is that right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by House MD
Just got 8.8 (28/35) on S1 2010. Did anyone else find that paper relatively easier?

Yes mate. I did it with distractions and got 7 point something.

However, I think I (we) may just be naturally good at the section since a lot of people struggle with it. The worst I've scored is ~5.7, which was on one of the harder tests (also the first one I did) and I did it in an environment which was nowhere near exam conditions.
(edited 9 years ago)
could someone please help with Q24 of the section 2 specimen paper?
Question
1 You must be honest and open and act with integrity.
UK General Medical Council, Good Medical Practice 2006
Explain what is meant by the above statement. Why might honesty, openness and integrity be
important in a good doctor? Under what circumstances might a good doctor be justified in being
less than perfectly honest or open in the course of their professional practice?

Spoiler

Would really appreciate it if someone could give me some feedback. Thanks :smile:
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
Yes mate. I did it with distractions and got 7 point something.

However, I think I (we) may just be naturally good at the section since a lot of people struggle with it. The worst I've scored is ~5.7, which was on one of the harder tests (also the first one I did) and I did it in an environment which was nowhere near exam conditions.

Hi how did you convert your mark to the BMAT scale?
the specification states that we need to know how to work out solubility-how do you do that?!
Original post by KateGeoghegan
Hi how did you convert your mark to the BMAT scale?

When you open the answer key, the first page has answers and the second page has the conversion scale.

When did you start practising?
Seeing everyone's scores is worrying me :/
I just did the 2010 s1 paper and got 4.9 I don't know if that's any good especially for Imperial.
Original post by skizzle
Seeing everyone's scores is worrying me :/
I just did the 2010 s1 paper and got 4.9 I don't know if that's any good especially for Imperial.

I'm not doing too well either-.- I'm just gonna hope its ok:smile:
Original post by kashagupta
the specification states that we need to know how to work out solubility-how do you do that?!

I saw that too! I searched it on Google and it came up with grams per cm3 and stuff. So I'm guessing you find how much of a solid dissolves into a solution and work out the solubility e.g from 100g of solid only 25 grams dissolved into 500ml of water. So I'm guessing 25/500 -> 0.05 g/cm3

If this is wrong just ignore it lol but I think it seems right
Original post by Jimbob995
Can someone help me with these questions please?

5.The longest train has to be the one that comes out last. Use this information and the speed distance time formulas.

15. There is only one letter that is due directly East of another letter, thus F = Wellbank and E = Ruilick. Aultviach is North of Ruilick, hence A = Aultviach. Now, the only letter left that is directly South of another is D, which is South of B. Thus D = Rheindown and B = Clashandarran. Only C and G are left to be named. G has to be Beauly, as Beauly has to be South and West of Windyhill, thus C is Windyhill.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Anyone got any good resources for the BMAT?

Or any tips? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/20461-past-paper-2011-section-2-.pdf

Might be a simple question but can someone help me with q4?
Original post by skizzle
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/20461-past-paper-2011-section-2-.pdf

Might be a simple question but can someone help me with q4?

C

Consider: (3x-1/3)3

Multiply the powers inside and outside the bracket so you 27x-1 and then multiply that by 3x, giving you 81 as 3 x 27 = 81 and X-1 x X1= X0 ​= 1.
Reply 1197

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 * m * v^2
Work done = F * d

1/2 * 0.05 * 300^2 = 2250J

2250 / 0.6 = 3750N = 3.75x10^3 N => Answer ​B
feedback and mark would be great,thanks. The full essay title is: "A little bit of pain is good for you"- Pamela Anderson What do you understand of the statement above? Give examples that illustrate how pain can be useful and others that illustrate the opposite

May seem silly but i have no ideas how to do this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending