The Student Room Group

18 yo girl to be deported & separated from her family

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Green Marble
By entitled do you mean indigenous Britons who this country belongs too ?? Britain is my ancestral, native homeland like it or not and Britons have far more right to this land than anyone else. This is my country, my society and my culture and your go damn right that makes me entitled

You are an idiot. I am just as British as you, which by the way is not very - my and your ancestors (a long line of immigrants) came here, raped pillaged and took the land as their own. She has come here and been a good citizen. We both did nothing to earn the right to live here. According to you, the pure coincidence of where someone is born should have an overriding bearing on their quality of life - let me ask you, are you for equality? Do you think women and gays should have as many rights as straight men? If you think neither should condemn you to a bad quality of life, then why should where you're born affect your rights as a human being?
Original post by Gumperst
What did you do to earn that right? **** all. Entitled little ****.

We are lucky and others are less fortunate, yes. Instead of the world and his wife coming here, we should probably concentrate on improving conditions in 3rd world countries - that's the only feasible thing we can do. Illegally entering a country is NOT an answer to anything. I do feel sorry for the girl, but that's life.
Reply 42
Original post by neal95
I'm sorry but we can't take in any more foreigners and rightly so....unless they have grounds for asylum which obviously wasn't the case here

If you think the country is overcrowded, why don't you **** off somewhere else? Just because you happen to be born here does not mean you deserve to have great services like NHS, the vote or job opportunities than anyone born in third world countries. I'm not saying us all privileged people should go back up trees, mind you, I'm saying we should share our privileges with those who need them more than us. It is only right.
Original post by EarthlingyThingy
Nobody should be torn from their families and sent to backwards nations that they escaped from.

It is not more unfair to deport someone back to a "backwards country" than to not permit someone currently living in that country to come here in the first place. The deportee was able to live here for several years, and therefore has done better and is less deserving of the two. The asylum system exists to protect people who are in danger of being oppressed or murdered by their governments. It does not exist to permit unlimited economic immigration for no reason that we feel sorry for people who were born in poor countries.
Reply 44
Original post by qwertyking
We are lucky and others are less fortunate, yes. Instead of the world and his wife coming here, we should probably concentrate on improving conditions in 3rd world countries - that's the only feasible thing we can do. Illegally entering a country is NOT an answer to anything. I do feel sorry for the girl, but that's life.

She was 16 at the time, so had no say in what she did. She should not suffer for her parents' decision, which seemed like the only real choice they had.
Original post by Reue
Why would being in education mean someone was more entitled to stay here?

It is a cost to the tax payer. By the same logic special consideration should be given to those who arrive illegally then rock up for free healthcare, or any other form of benefit.

She, and her family are here illegally. They have shown no respect for our laws so why should we offer them anything?

Agreed, this country can't just take in anyone and Mauritius hasn't exactly got human rights issues. She can't exactly blag fear of torture
If you think the country is overcrowded, why don't you **** off somewhere else? Just because you happen to be born here does not mean you deserve to have great services like NHS, the vote or job opportunities than anyone born in third world countries. I'm not saying us all privileged people should go back up trees, mind you, I'm saying we should share our privileges with those who need them more than us. It is only right.

No because unlike some I was born in this country so why should i **** off? She wasn't, doesn't have grounds for asylum and why couldn't she go to some other Caribbean African country and get asylum there why the uk? Oh yeah that's right to play the system
She was 16 at the time, so had no say in what she did. She should not suffer for her parents' decision, which seemed like the only real choice they had.

It does seem like an odd decision, but we don't know the full facts of the case.
She got a fair trial/appeal, she should have come legally. I feel sorry for her, but she broke the law.
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh absolutely. Deport her forthwith. There should be a band at the airport.
Reply 50
Original post by neal95
No because unlike some I was born in this country so why should i **** off? She wasn't, doesn't have grounds for asylum and why couldn't she go to some other Caribbean African country and get asylum there why the uk? Oh yeah that's right to play the system

"Some other Caribbean African country" - Mauritius is in the Indian Ocean.

"Doesn't have grounds for asylum" - Well my opinion is that someone who has lived here for two years and has made their home here should have the right to stay put rather than have to go through more suffering. You should **** off because you are very fortunate to be right in the top bracket of most privileged human beings (ie. fantastic free healthcare, opportunity to do whatever you want with your life, long life expectancy, etc.) ever to have lived. Rather than appreciating it, you're wasting your life complaining about others mildly diluting your privileges for the sake of drastically improving their lives. Learn to appreciate what you have, you spoiled brat.
Fair hearing. Decision made. You can't protest just because you don't like the results, otherwise you're essentially just a hypocrite if you disagree with letting everybody else in no matter what.
"Some other Caribbean African country" - Mauritius is in the Indian Ocean.

"Doesn't have grounds for asylum" - Well my opinion is that someone who has lived here for two years and has made their home here should have the right to stay put rather than have to go through more suffering. You should **** off because you are very fortunate to be right in the top bracket of most privileged human beings (ie. fantastic free healthcare, opportunity to do whatever you want with your life, long life expectancy, etc.) ever to have lived. Rather than appreciating it, you're wasting your life complaining about others mildly diluting your privileges for the sake of drastically improving their lives. Learn to appreciate what you have, you spoiled brat.

Yeah well you are not the law now piss off you loony leftist and go and become a magistrate like the rest of your fellow failed barrister leftists
Reply 53
Nice to see most people are agreeing with her deportation - was guessing more crazy TSR lefties would be all over this
Reply 54
Original post by neal95
Yeah well you are not the law now piss off you loony leftist and go and become a magistrate like the rest of your fellow failed barrister leftists

So just to confirm, you think it's right that, because you happened to be born in a first world country entirely by chance, you are entitled making other, less fortunate people's lives miserable?
You are an idiot. I am just as British as you, which by the way is not very - my and your ancestors (a long line of immigrants) came here, raped pillaged and took the land as their own. She has come here and been a good citizen. We both did nothing to earn the right to live here. According to you, the pure coincidence of where someone is born should have an overriding bearing on their quality of life - let me ask you, are you for equality? Do you think women and gays should have as many rights as straight men? If you think neither should condemn you to a bad quality of life, then why should where you're born affect your rights as a human being?

The british did not come here as immigrants. The british can trace their lineage overwhelmingly to the first settlers I to these islands. This is my ancestral homeland and I am a native Briton. Whether you like it or not
Reply 56
The british did not come here as immigrants. The british can trace their lineage overwhelmingly to the first settlers I to these islands. This is my ancestral homeland and I am a native Briton. Whether you like it or not

So you're 100% that you have no Viking or Roman blood?
So you're 100% that you have no Viking or Roman blood?

The roman and Viking genetic contribution is minuscule and does not detract from the fact that british people predominantly are descended from the first settlers to these islands
Probably one of the more worthy cases, but to provide an exception would set a precedent; therefore, unfortunately, the strictness of the law needs to be followed here.
Reply 59
The roman and Viking genetic contribution is minuscule and does not detract from the fact that british people predominantly are descended from the first settlers to these islands

So you're 100% certain?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending