The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business & Economics Unit 4b Revision help

Hi,
Can anyone help me with how to revise for unit 4b, I don't really know how to due to it being a unique case study unit and therefore the case study changing it year. I know I can revise the basic topics that appear each year through the use of revision guides but how can I practice my exam technique when there's no real past papers i can asses for this unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reply 1
Have you considered setting your own practice exam question? :smile: . Or getting your teacher to set one? :smile:
Reply 2
Section 1 Sample Paper: Do markets always work

1) What is meant by Cost Benefit Analysis? (2)
2) What is meant by social costs? (2)
3) Explain why sports drinks may be considered demerit goods. (4)
4) Examine the impact on Greggs of the government closing VAT loopholes on hot food. (4)
5) Examine the view that obesity is harder to tackle because most of the costs associated with it are long-term. (8)
6) Assess the government's decision to scrap a planned extension of free school meals. (10)
7a) Assess the externalities associated with obesity. (20)
7b) Evaluate the role of the government in rectifying market failure in the UK food industry. (30)

Hope this helps! :smile:

How is everyone revising? Because I am struggling quite a bit.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
Have you considered setting your own practice exam question? :smile: . Or getting your teacher to set one? :smile:

No I could try that thanks for the advice, yeah I just usually get given exam style questions off the teacher.
Reply 4
Original post by sandra95
Section 1 Sample Paper: Do markets always work

1) What is meant by Cost Benefit Analysis? (2)
2) What is meant by social costs? (2)
3) Explain why sports drinks may be considered demerit goods. (4)
4) Examine the impact on Greggs of the government closing VAT loopholes on hot food. (4)
5) Examine the view that obesity is harder to tackle because most of the costs associated with it are long-term. (8)
6) Assess the government's decision to scrap a planned extension of free school meals. (10)
7a) Assess the externalities associated with obesity. (20)
7b) Evaluate the role of the government in rectifying market failure in the UK food industry. (30)

Hope this helps! :smile:

How is everyone revising? Because I am struggling quite a bit.

Wow thank you they are really helpful, did you just make them up on the spot? I am only really revising so far by reading through the revision guide and writing down key terms and definitions.
Reply 5
Original post by RSmith1007
Wow thank you they are really helpful, did you just make them up on the spot? I am only really revising so far by reading through the revision guide and writing down key terms and definitions.

not a problem :smile: we had a mock paper and those are the question we were given. i'm making notes, and looking over whatever we done in class. it's my last exam so i'm trying not to panic.

Quick Reply

Latest