The Student Room Group

Bullied City Worker Wins £800,000

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5234378.stm

Is this amount too much? Discuss.

The fact is that this happens to many, many people all over the UK, and yes, they should be compensated bt I feel this is an outrageous amount.

Would a factory worker or office cleaner have got the same amount? I think not.

People in much worse situations such as those who have lost limbs in July the 7th aren't being awarded as much.

Or was she just used to set an example to firms all over the UK, telling them to sort out bullying in the work place or else?

Scroll to see replies

akash_a88

The fact is that this happens to many, many people all over the UK, and yes, they should be compensated bt I feel this is an outrageous amount.

People in much worse situations such as those who have lost limbs in July the 7th aren't being awarded as much.

Or was she just used to set an example to firms all over the UK, telling them to sort out bullying in the work place or else?

Well I think the point is that because she was in a well paid job, and she had to quit, the compensation should therefore be greater. Having said that, she's the one that had the problem - unfair dismissal is ridiculous in itself, but it is the law.

Hell, maybe she did stink? Anyone think of THAT?!
Reply 2
Look at the grin on her face. Just look at it.

She's loving the fact they chose to bully her. I think I might go and whine to the council about the psychological harm my next door neighbour causes me now, who knows how much that's worth?

What a joke, people have no backbone these days! (shoo grandpa shoo :p: )
Is this the same one who claimed anti-Semitic bullying without a shred of evidence to prove it wasn't just normal nastiness?
Agent Smith
Is this the same one who claimed anti-Semitic bullying without a shred of evidence to prove it wasn't just normal nastiness?

Unless lots of rasberry blowing goes on at Deutchse Bank, i'd imagine so.
Good grief.
akash_a88

I think that is just ridiculous; and yes it is very outrageous amount for someone who just got bullied, it wasn’t even life threatening unlike those who lost their legs on July 7th who were only received as little as 11,000. Look at what teachers goes through many have even been physically assaulted and some might put up with this sort of bullying from pupils but its really unfortunate for them that they work in a school and then don’t get paid enough for what they have to put up, and not yet one has been awarded for their bravery and contribution
Thousand of people across the world experience bullying, discrimination etc in their workforces but they wont be even paid a penny for their claims. The sum given to this women who claims to be bullied could have been spent on something worthwhile and useful like the NHS
what's all this rubbish about suicide bombings? deutsche bank fails to protect its employee, is made to pay out (from its own pocket) as a consequence. who owes the july limbless anything? (apart from the heroic martyrs, obv.)
Reply 8
I think I'd like to be bullied.
Tower Hamlets

Girl gets bullied in Tower Hamlets!!! WOW thats never happend before!! Where's George Galloway when you need him?....God Tower Hamlets is a **** hole.
says the man from STOKE
Reply 11
"She said colleagues stonewalled her, laughed in her face, blew raspberries and told her: "You stink". But the firm denied any bullying or harassment."

what is stonewalling?
Kano the Magnificent
says the man from STOKE

I have been in Tower Hamlets, Stoke seems like a dream in comparison.
oh please kano, you can find the odd nice place in all the **** holes in Britain.
more tower hamlets horror

these two places are miles apart BTW
Reply 16
happybob
I have been in Tower Hamlets, Stoke seems like a dream in comparison.

Um.. no it doesn't.

The only thing Stoke has going for it is Phil Taylor.
Reply 17
Thud
"She said colleagues stonewalled her, laughed in her face, blew raspberries and told her: "You stink". But the firm denied any bullying or harassment."

what is stonewalling?

Ignoring her when she speaks to them usually. Very humiliating. Grounds for smashing their head into the photocopier several times me thinks :p: .
Reply 18
Kano the Magnificent
what's all this rubbish about suicide bombings? deutsche bank fails to protect its employee, is made to pay out (from its own pocket) as a consequence. who owes the july limbless anything? (apart from the heroic martyrs, obv.)

The government that failed to protect them perhaps? Very callous that you can equate non-physical bullying with being crippled, and make the first seem worse...
as this thread proves, if you claim bullying everyone thinks yr pathetic, whereas everybody loves a cripple!

Latest

Trending

Trending