The Student Room Group

Is this workplace bullying?

There is a manager who is kinda mouthy and that maybe what he is like.

In his office room when I am with him, he sometimes swears if he sees a mistake to the employee, however to the employees back.

I remember the bin wasn't even full, half empty, I left it in front of the desk and he goes "Gareth has "the f word" left it there for three hours" in front of everyone. But the bins meant to get full?

Is this ok? What would in these scenarios constitute of workplace bullying?
No I don’t think that’s okay at all. I think that is workplace building and there should be policies that you could follow to chase that up with senior members of staff. If you won’t take it further. I’m sorry this is happening to you
Reply 2
Thank you
I don't think this is bullying. He sounds like a man with anger issues though.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
I don't think this is bullying. He sounds like a man with anger issues though.

Thanks.

Today after sweeping up. 30 mins later he goes

"We have to sweep up the same spot again you done"

That's half an hour later. Dust particles fly every where.

He then goes "I have to say it to you, you are s**t" in front of another work.

G, an keeps asking for me.

I don't know what to say, I am very very hard working, dedicated, professional, first time in four years working at different sites, same company that someone has said that and every one wants me to work at their site and says I'm very hard working.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks.

Today after sweeping up. 30 mins later he goes

"We have to sweep up the same spot again you done"

That's half an hour later. Dust particles fly every where.

He then goes "I have to say it to you, you are s**t" in front of another work.

G, an keeps asking for me.

I don't know what to say, I am very very hard working, dedicated, professional, first time in four years working at different sites, same company that someone has said that and every one wants me to work at their site and says I'm very hard working.
Stand up for yourself. Why are you taking **** from this person?
Reply 6
Stand up for yourself. Why are you taking **** from this person?
I did say there is dust particles flying everywhere. And it was 30 minutes ago. So anything could happen in that time.

And to be honest, the concrete floor isn't going to ever be 0.00 clean, no dust particles anytime.

I dont know if it's acceptable.

I know for a fact if he started shouting and berating me for a mistake, the supervisors would say something saying you can't speak like that.
Reply 7
And he said that after work was nearly finished. It was very busy and gruelling, he said nothing then. I'm very hard working and dedicated.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I did say there is dust particles flying everywhere. And it was 30 minutes ago. So anything could happen in that time.

And to be honest, the concrete floor isn't going to ever be 0.00 clean, no dust particles anytime.

I dont know if it's acceptable.

I know for a fact if he started shouting and berating me for a mistake, the supervisors would say something saying you can't speak like that.
That's not standing up for yourself, pal. That's making excuses and making it look like you are the one in the wrong. If you think he is bullying you, challenge him for it; preferably in front of others.
Reply 9
That's not standing up for yourself, pal. That's making excuses and making it look like you are the one in the wrong. If you think he is bullying you, challenge him for it; preferably in front of others.
I don't think it's bullying.

I'm not sure.

However I think to say I'm that word is a bit over the top. Especially when others knows im a great worker.
I could be asked to work at other sites and closer.

This site, one hour journey, another team leader wants me at their site which is only a 25 min journey.

And it saves me £35:travel money per week if I work at other sites.

And this guy called me sh!t even when I work too hard.

This. Unless I knew I'd really messed up a manager repeatedy calling me s*** in front of others would be needing to replace me, possibly while bleeding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending