The Student Room Group

What to do when your parents hate each other.

I:rolleyes:

I'm sick of it. My dad blatantly hates my mum and can't stand being in her presence. And she just doesn't like him either. Yet they won't get a divorce. How am I meant to cope in this situation?
Reply 1
Original post by brightcitylights
I:rolleyes:

I'm sick of it. My dad blatantly hates my mum and can't stand being in her presence. And she just doesn't like him either. Yet they won't get a divorce. How am I meant to cope in this situation?

Tell the council you are being "abused" and get rehoused.
Reply 2
Just deal with it, it's not like you can change anything, my parents divorced like 5years back. My dad is some sort of 'thinks he knows it all' and sends people in the family emails about other people in the family behind their backs, its quite childish honestly... I've lost a lot of respect for my dad. So me and my mum can sometimes share a mutual dislike for him... its just natural if your mum/dad is an arse... they never truly get along, even after the divorce :lol:

Also in my case my dad moved abroad so divorce can be bad in the sense that he's really not even a part of my daily life anymore, but he keeps giving me reasons to hate him so its sad but true that I'm not bothered about him anymore... don't know how your relationship with your mum and dad is though tbh
Reply 3
My parents used to quarrel like kids ever since I was in 3rd or 4th grade.

But these days the frequency of quarreling has decreased.

In their last verbal-bashin; I got out of my room and just went all wtf is wrong with you on my dad and in 10-15 mins the room went silent....

Quick Reply

Latest