The Student Room Group

English teacher always humiliates me

I am a year 11 and according to my teacher am pretty good at English, but being good doesn't stop him from embarrassing me.

Today we were doing creative writing and had to read a line from our partners work that we liked, and he picked on me first and I had to repeat myself multiple times because he apparently couldn't hear me. He even does this thing where he sticks his ears out with his hands to hear me better and on like my 3rd repeat everyone turns around to look at me and it is just so incredibly mortifying.

I will admit I am quiet sometimes, but this time and many before I know I was speaking at a volume for everyone including him to hear, yet he still forces me to repeat it so many times.

My teacher also does an array of other things that embarrasses me and this is why I can never willingly participate in class and dread it each time, because of my teacher.

Personally I hate when everyone looks at me in class so this is expectedly mortifying each time and I feel like sinking into the ground. Anyone know how to overcome this embarrassment because my teacher always does this and it is equally humiliating each time.
From this context alone he sounds insufferable and I too would not participate.

One thing which is harder than done to overcome the embarrassment is to not care what people think but then again that takes work and time. But if you do want to work on it start from: Why are you embarrassed?

For this alone:
Have you emailed him about this?
If you have emailed him/or spoken to him about it and he's still doing it have you told your parents/tutor etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending