The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Lool cmon now, Le Grove isn't THAT bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

He really is. There's a twitter account called lolgrove that retweets his most ludicrous suggestions over the years.
Reply 5981
Original post by Peggles_*
Lool cmon now, Le Grove isn't THAT bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://twitter.com/LolGrove

Go through just bits of that and sees if you don't change your mind.
Original post by AR_95
Fan of Arsenal

Name your self a BVB player? :P

Haha, well...his name sound awesome and he's up there in my top midfielders! :biggrin:
Le Grove is just one of those generic, sneering pricks you see hanging about Dalston Junction sipping Peruvian beer and checking out everyone else's trainers. Needless to say, he works in new media and has an opinion on everything under the sun.

Arsenal always seem to attract these types :colonhash:
Loooool Le Grove is too jokes. Some of his comments are hilarious ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns
Just about to sign on my new flat... When I do, Liverpool will be my nearest PL club.. Feels weird...

Just down the road from tranmere rovers though.. No idea what they are like.. Worth going to a few games maybe, as a neutral in their league

Apparently tranmere rovers have a midfielder called Max Power...

doesn't beat having three Danny Roses in the top 4 English tiers.

Or, next season, three Scott Browns in the SPL. Yet they're saying the Scottish Championship will be more entertaining because of Rangers, Hearts, Hibs,...
Marca saying we're signing Vela
Mirror saying we're switching from Aurier to Uchida at Schalke

And apparently our kits are rather nice, ''Away yellow & blue with red text on front. Third blue diagonal stripes with white text on front with buttoned collar''
Rumors are that PSG are moving for Griezmann. If PSG get Griezmann, we have to get Vela. Can't imagine us not making use of that buy-back clause for **** sake.
why are we in for uchida
Don't be surprised if we end up signing no-one and Jenkinson is thrown into the first team. He isn't even that bad when he gets a string of games together. Might have a surprising breakthrough season...

He might promote Martinez to number two as well, but I bloody hope not after the Reading debacle. He does not fill with me confidence whenever I see him play.
Wenger is stubborn but he isn't foolish. Jenko has looked decent at times and is one for the future, but I'm almost certain Wenger will sign another right back. Aurier seems very likely. Only downside is since he's young, Jenko would have to try challenge and fight for that right back position if he does join.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
Wenger is stubborn but he isn't foolish. Jenko has looked decent at times and is one for the future, but I'm almost certain Wenger will sign another right back. Aurier seems very likely. Only downside is since he's young, Jenko would have to try challenge and fight for that right back position if he does join.

If Jenkinson is one for the future than it makes more sense to sign Uchida who's more experienced than Aurier (Aurier is even younger than Jenkinson). The Aurier rumors have died down a bit also, doesn't seem like an approach has been made by the club. Jenkinson will be a good player for us and just needs to work on his decision making, but that comes with experience. He wouldn't run away to City for an extra 30 grand a week either. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be surprising if he's promoted to a starter, just like Gibbs was when Clichy left.
(edited 9 years ago)
"As far as I am concerned, you will have to drag me out of this club before I leave."

Honestly love the guy
if he uses Jenkinson you'll get some next backup RB from Ligue 1. Not Aurier but more in the Djourou/Squillaci mould.
Original post by little_tom
Don't be surprised if we end up signing no-one and Jenkinson is thrown into the first team. He isn't even that bad when he gets a string of games together. Might have a surprising breakthrough season...

He might promote Martinez to number two as well, but I bloody hope not after the Reading debacle. He does not fill with me confidence whenever I see him play.

Well the club rate Bellerin very highly so him possibly being 2nd choice RB wouldn't be a shock. Personally I think he's already better than Jenkinson tbh.

As for GKs, it will either be Macey or Madtinez who we promote into the First team. Illev is on the way out along with Vickers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we should deffo go for Kevin Volland, the Hoffenheim striker. He's too good for that team, and he is a much much better finisher than Giroud. He can also play on the wing.
jenko wouldn't leave tbh, probably more loyal than wilshere i reckon. needs a lot more gametime tho, should have gone on loan to a premier league club but we cant do that now as we dont have sufficient backup. bellerin aint ready for first team action either, but he's got hella time on his hands.
Reply 5997
Original post by Kruz
I think we should deffo go for Kevin Volland, the Hoffenheim striker. He's too good for that team, and he is a much much better finisher than Giroud. He can also play on the wing.

If dealing with Portuguese clubs wasn't so doggy, we should totally make a move for Rodrigo. Amazing player and has a good work rate. A lot of outlets keep going on about Morata's u21 scoring record but a lot of it especially last summer was on the back of Rodrigo's handwork.
Original post by 419
If dealing with Portuguese clubs wasn't so doggy, we should totally make a move for Rodrigo. Amazing player and has a good work rate. A lot of outlets keep going on about Morata's u21 scoring record but a lot of it especially last summer was on the back of Rodrigo's handwork.

Hmm I'm not sure about Rodrigo, and Benfica are asking for some mad money.

Did you hear Di Maria said?

Di Maria - "It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham." :lol:
Original post by Kruz
Hmm I'm not sure about Rodrigo, and Benfica are asking for some mad money.

Did you hear Di Maria said?

Di Maria - "It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham." :lol:

source?

Latest