The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Yaboy419sDad
Can confirm

I am not matchdayH, not been on for over 3 weeks i think and won't be anytime soon (personal things).

typed my name into the search bar and lold

site blocked my sign up link so cannot make new acc under current wifi (srs these fake accounts are not me)

Jam and the regs i expected better of you lot

stuffsgroovey just disconnect your wifi please

and 419 i never expected better of you because you are a racist to anyone who isn't the same tone of black as you.

FLKW you are still a bellend and a queer that wears make up before going bed, closet tranny.

Ciao lads, im currently on a sabatical like pep was so don't cry while i'm gone.

In the words of mr vain "I love inexperienced women because I can be raw and sexually dominate them unlike experienced women"

This can't be yaboy..where's his usual anti homosexual comments ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
River85 where are you?

Sleep is overrated by you or something?
in.gif
Reply 63
Actually had a dream where Hull went up 1-0 in like 10 minutes wtf is my life
Reply 64
Original post by AR_95
Actually had a dream where Hull went up 1-0 in like 10 minutes wtf is my life

I've had dodgy football dreams as well.

Had a dream we'd beat PSG. Had a dream you guys will win the title.
Original post by jam277
I've had dodgy football dreams as well.

Had a dream we'd beat PSG. Had a dream you guys will win the title.

Must have been on some PCP or something that night :K:
Reply 66
Original post by Zürich
Must have been on some PCP or something that night :K:

I think dream was the wrong word to call it as well. I'd call it a nightmare.
Reply 67
How on earth do you guys keep up with this thread. It moves way too quick for me to be reading through so many pages...

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Virtual Trophy's coming home lads

Original post by what is this

You say that, but 4th is actually more important than the FA Cup and that's a trophy...
Reply 70

I can't, I'm dying...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Inb4 consistent top 4 makes a team a bigger club than winning the FA cup consistently.
Reply 72
Original post by B-Stacks
How on earth do you guys keep up with this thread. It moves way too quick for me to be reading through so many pages...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's usually the same bunch of people who post regularly here. I will admit when I first started following the thread I found it hard to keep up :P

Original post by jam277
Inb4 consistent top 4 makes a team a bigger club than winning the FA cup consistently.

Rather hoped we avoided this discussion completely I can see it going in circles haha

Also, if anyone goes back and see's my first post, sorry if I over done it :colondollar:
Original post by Zürich
You say that, but 4th is actually more important than the FA Cup and that's a trophy...

Lol no it isn't. The FA Cup, the oldest competition in the world, is miles more important than the virtual trophy.

And it's actually due to Wenger and Alex Ferguson's disgusting treatment of this competition in the past 10 years which has devalued it.

Winning trophies is more important than 4th place. Besides we just make the number in 4th place. What have we actually done with the highly coveted holy grail of the 4th place?

Buy players with the attraction of champions league? Nope. We still buy ****e like the Postman or Giroud and still go looking for bargain ligue 2 signings. Meanwhile Liverpool have bought Suarez, Sturridge, Henderson, Mignolet Tottenham Lloris, Eriksen and Vertonghen, Man Utd Mata all without the guarantee of champions league.

Do we kick on and do something in the competition? Nope we recieve our usual dicking in the last 16 and go out. We essentially only make up the numbers in the champions league. I could understand making 4th spot being more important if we were regularly making finals/semis of the Champions Leagues but we're so far off from that.

The only people who benefit from the top 4 are Gazidis, Kroenke and Wenger as it keeps up their cash flow.

I swear there should be rioting outside our clubs with the way us fans are being shafted year in year out. I've stopped attending any matches for well over a year now because I can't pay the highest ticket prices in the world to see Giroud miss a sitter, hold back his hair, stick his tongue out and stare at the sky, or to watch the extremely boring sideways passing Wengerball that we've adopted for the past 3 years ever since we sold RVP, Nasri and Fabregas.

Liverpool winning the league will show up Wenger and his lies that we can't compete with the sugar daddies Man City and Chelsea. Smart spending is all that's needed and we have loads of cash just sitting there in the bank doing nothing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 74
Massive let off for you guys with Everton losing last night.

No excuse not to finish 4th now considering you play - Hull, Newcastle, WBA and Norwich. Should be picking up 12 points or at least 10.

Whereas Everton play Man Utd, Man City, Southampton and Hull.
Reply 75
Lol no it isn't. The FA Cup, the oldest competition in the world, is miles more important than the virtual trophy.

And it's actually due to Wenger and Alex Ferguson's disgusting treatment of this competition in the past 10 years which has devalued it.

Winning trophies is more important than 4th place. Besides we just make the number in 4th place. What have we actually done with the highly coveted holy grail of the 4th place?

Buy players with the attraction of champions league? Nope. We still buy ****e like the Postman or Giroud and still go looking for bargain ligue 2 signings. Meanwhile Liverpool have bought Suarez, Sturridge, Henderson, Mignolet Tottenham Lloris, Eriksen and Vertonghen, Man Utd Mata all without the guarantee of champions league.

Do we kick on and do something in the competition? Nope we recieve our usual dicking in the last 16 and go out. We essentially only make up the numbers in the champions league. I could understand making 4th spot being more important if we were regularly making finals/semis of the Champions Leagues but we're so far off from that.

The only people who benefit from the top 4 are Gazidis, Kroenke and Wenger as it keeps up their cash flow.

I swear there should be rioting outside our clubs with the way us fans are being shafted year in year out. I've stopped attending any matches for well over a year now because I can't pay the highest ticket prices in the world to see Giroud miss a sitter, hold back his hair, stick his tongue out and stare at the sky, or to watch the extremely boring sideways passing Wengerball that we've adopted for the past 3 years ever since we sold RVP, Nasri and Fabregas.

Liverpool winning the league will show up Wenger and his lies that we can't compete with the sugar daddies Man City and Chelsea. Smart spending is all that's needed and we have loads of cash just sitting there in the bank doing nothing.

Money makes the world go round and frankly it's not participating in the CL or winning the FA cup that's relevant but how much money can be earned from either. The fact of the matter is that qualifying for the CL is worth at least £30-40mil a year so in the short to medium term, every player, manager, owner etc all will place more importance on 4th than the FA cup.

Tbh Chelsea and Man City are having a below par season imo. Having more money makes it a lot easier to compete at the top. Liverpool have had a great season but plenty of luck along the way too. What we're doing this year isn't sustainable over a period of 5 years since the law of averages means we'll get some bad luck in other years.
Reply 76
Lets talk summer...

Jenkinson clearly not ready to step up yet... I presume neither is Bellerin, but haven't heard much of him. Ideally Sagna stays, not fussed if he leaves.

I presume Diaby will actually 3-4 appearances next season. What is the situation of Madrid's Casemiro. Apparently he doesn't have a future at the club, with Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Modric, Illramendi and even Pepe ahead of him in the CDM slot. Has anyone seen much of him? Realisically what other CDMs are out there? Can't see Pogba coming back to the PL especially with Juventus seemingly winning silverware every season, but then again Arsene could pull out some French Connection.

Gnabry, Walcott, Chambo. Enough? What are the contract situations of Lucas Moura and Stephan El Shaarawy?

Would not even mind Cazorla going. Furious with his remarks of no ambition- doesn't step up all season, then complains no one else around him is trying. Like **** you. Diminutive prick.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by matchdayH
Lets talk summer...

Jenkinson clearly not ready to step up yet... I presume neither is Bellerin, but haven't heard much of him. Ideally Sagna stays, not fussed if he leaves.

I presume Diaby will actually 3-4 appearances next season. What is the situation of Madrid's Casemiro. Apparently he doesn't have a future at the club, with Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Modric, Illramendi and even Pepe ahead of him in the CDM slot. Has anyone seen much of him? Realisically what other CDMs are out there? Can't see Pogba coming back to the PL especially with Juventus seemingly winning silverware every season, but then again Arsene could pull out some French Connection.

Gnabry, Walcott, Chambo. Enough? What are the contract situations of Lucas Moura and Stephan El Shaarawy?

Would not even mind Cazorla going. Furious with his remarks of no ambition- doesn't step up all season, then complains no one else around him is trying. Like **** you. Diminutive prick.

Shut your mouth yaboy. Also lol that you think your getting Moura. He's 20, got signed for £32 million and has become a better player since joining PSG.

LOL at Pogba joining, are you actually for real. Casmerio will stay, or go out on loan so you could probably go for him in summer. Bender if you're gonna overpay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
Money makes the world go round and frankly it's not participating in the CL or winning the FA cup that's relevant but how much money can be earned from either. The fact of the matter is that qualifying for the CL is worth at least £30-40mil a year so in the short to medium term, every player, manager, owner etc all will place more importance on 4th than the FA cup.

Not really, look at Chelsea/Man City, their owners are pumping far more into the club than they're making. They're making huge losses but don't care. They actually want to get into the champions league not because of the financial reasons but due to the fact they want to win it.
They prioritise success on the field over profit.

I'm not saying I want us to become like them but we certainly can't prioritise money over everything without caring about success on the field. Football is about winning/entertainment not money making, for us as fans anyway.

Has this become the pinnacle of our ambitions? To finish 4th place so the revenue we recieve, none of which we as fans will see, can go straight to the pockets of Gazidis/Kroenke?

The Wenger effect, settling for mediocrity, has rubbed on the fans for sure. Any other club and Wenger would have been hounded out by now.

Tbh Chelsea and Man City are having a below par season imo. Having more money makes it a lot easier to compete at the top. Liverpool have had a great season but plenty of luck along the way too. What we're doing this year isn't sustainable over a period of 5 years since the law of averages means we'll get some bad luck in other years.

Doesn't matter about luck, Liverpool haven't had to spend £100m's every transfer window to be top in the league and be in pole position to win it now, yet we've been told all these fables by Wenger about how we can't come anywhere close to winning trophies because the other clubs have unlimited funds.

How can a club on top on Feb 8th by a few points capitulate to such a point in 2 months?

It was obvious we needed a striker in January (Actually obvious ever since RVP left) yet we got out and loan in an injured midfielder? Where's the logic in that? Throw £50m at Atletico and get Costa. In the summer we could have easily have gotten Suarez for £50-55m, when Liverpool hasn't realised his full potential and he was desperate to leave, yet we put in a mickey mouse bid of £40m +£1? This club is slowly becoming a joke. Could have also had Draxler but yet again we dithered. Could have Higuain but yet again we apparently dithered over £2-3m. It just pisses you off the more hear about it and certainly makes us look like laughing stock.
Original post by matchdayH
Lets talk summer...

Spoiler

Lol at you actually putting out all these names.

What actually will happen if Wenger stays:

We'll dither until the last 2 days then go shopping in the bargain basket and sign some French Ligue 2 player or some unknown African player.

He'll be hailed as the next Henry by Wenger in his press conference and then will get injured in his first training session to be out for the rest of the season.

What could happen if we get rid of Kroenke and Wenger:

Get in an ambitious manager who wants to win and buys smart. Plays with actual tactics on the field instead of crap like ''go out there and express yourselves'' which gives us boring sideways passing Wengerball.

Latest