The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Little tom just posted a stressful question.
I dont think ive ever seen/heard anyone be racist out in manchester but i have no black friends and i dont think racism exists towards white people

- baconbuttys quote of the day
Reply 982
Original post by The Assassin
Not sure to be honest. Let's pay a visit to our good friends over at the misc http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161093833

Quite a few interesting responses.

Is there cliff for this? If not I'll read later. There's probably some element of positive discrimination but it but, I'm all for positive discrimination.
Reply 983
Original post by matchdayG
And I was wumming you guys over the quota filling, you fall too easily :rofl2:. Congrats to the kid and congrats to you for being the same race as him :rolleyes:

Cop out much.
Also Bacon Butty hasn't answered my question?
Reply 985
Think i mentioned this before re John Barnes, but, even though I hate the guy as a man (my dad had a scuffle with him in a car park)... what a player he was. He was ahead of his time imo.
Reply 986
Original post by e aí rapaz
That's why the defense of Suarez doesn't stick. It's like saying "black is not a racist word in English, therefore to call somebody a black **** is not racist" which actually, a lot of people said around the time of that Terry/Anton stuff, as if the word black was just an irrelevant adjective.

Anyway, racists = retards, nothing new there.

This is a new low for straight up g, I thought trolling with mock-racism was something most people got over when they were about 12. Baconbutty, well it's not a shock from him tbh.

Worse thing is that there's no mods to clean this **** up.

The suarez and terry case was actually a good thing for society in the long run. It made people realise we don't live in a post racial society something majority of us thought we were. Must admit, I learnt a lot from it as well.
It's cause arsenal's next game is too easy for them, no point building up to it (and if they lose, expect the wums to flood in)
guess whose injured again chaps

Abou Jimmy Diaby
Original post by Thugnificent.
guess whose injured again chaps

Abou Jimmy Diaby

guy plays 45mins of an u21 game and is out for a year again smh. dat lewis baker goal though
What in the world is going on with our medical staff? Are they all on shrooms?
Sagna waiting to see if Arsenal finish top 4 before signing a new contract or waiting for Arsenal to offer more moneys?
Reply 992
How on Earth did Diaby get injured AGAIN?!
We should give up on him. He needs to accept his body is not made for football and become a coach.
Reply 994
Original post by Zerforax
Sagna waiting to see if Arsenal finish top 4 before signing a new contract or waiting for Arsenal to offer more moneys?

Neither, think he wants to go to PSG tbh. We've already said we're not offering another contract, balls in his court etc.
Reply 995
Original post by Pete_91
Neither, think he wants to go to PSG tbh. We've already said we're not offering another contract, balls in his court etc.

PSG could take Koscielny too (if he decides to leave) so I doubt they'd take both. I'd rather we kept Sagna tbh we really don't have an adequate replacement for him right now.

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
guy plays 45mins of an u21 game and is out for a year again smh. dat lewis baker goal though

Is he actually out for another year? I saw the press conference and all Wenger said was it was a minor groin injury?
Said it before but £100k over 3 years for Sagna at 32 would be unbelievably stupid from us. If we want to 'reward' his loyalty then buy him a nice watch on his last day or something, seriously. At the same age Bergkamp would get 1 year extensions on the same pay for instance. It's club policy.

Sagna has been a great servant but let's not forget that Wenger plucked him out of obscurity and gave him the platform to become a French international whilst paying him a very reasonable salary for a wing back. Not to mention the period 2011-2013 when Sagna was actually rather poor and there were widespread calls to replace him, which we didn't.

And anyway, if we reward those who have been loyal to us with overpriced contracts at the end of their career then we're losing on both sides of the coin. On the one hand RVP et all ****s off after all we did for him, on the other we hand out £100k contracts to 32 year old wing backs. When exactly do Arsenal win out of it all? Arsenal are a club that players milk far too often for my liking. Doesn't happen elsewhere. Abidal was given his marching orders by Barca, Reina by Liverpool even though he was 'loyal', Ashley Cole is being told to do one by Chelsea in the summer as well because his wages are too high, dont see them offering him a pay rise over 3 years...

Imagine we signed Aurier, he'd probably be on £60,000 a week. Over 3 years you've saved £6m in wages which would basically mean you've paid his transfer fee on the wage differential. For a 21 year old who is one of the hottest RBs in Europe, and he's desperate to join AFC apparently. Bit of a no brainer if you ask me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 997
If anyone's seen the press conference today, Arsene on Arteta : " I like Mikel Arteta, because he's quality, his focus, his commitment, and completely with a winner attitude, you know, I've big respect for what he has achieved this season"

"He's at that difficult age but I think he's very contentious, very professional, and he has a couple of years left"

I actually want to be sick. If anything this is just a forshadowing that Wenger is not going to change this summer and next season is going to collapse just like this one..

ffs man... You just cannot have such faith in a player who has been awful all season. To even think that he's not going to address our current CDM issue is just frightening. This time next year expect the same 6 goal thrashings we've had this year.
Seriously what does Wenger see in him?!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 998
Original post by Zürich
Said it before but £100k over 3 years for Sagna at 32 would be unbelievably stupid from us. If we want to 'reward' his loyalty then buy him a nice watch on his last day or something, seriously. At the same age Bergkamp would get 1 year extensions on the same pay for instance. It's club policy.

Sagna has been a great servant but let's not forget that Wenger plucked him out of obscurity and gave him the platform to become a French international whilst paying him a very reasonable salary for a wing back. Not to mention the period 2011-2013 when Sagna was actually rather poor and there were widespread calls to replace him, which we didn't.

And anyway, if we reward those who have been loyal to us with overpriced contracts at the end of their career then we're losing on both sides of the coin. On the one hand RVP et all ****s off after all we did for him, on the other we hand out £100k contracts to 32 year old wing backs. When exactly do Arsenal win out of it all? Arsenal are a club that players milk far too often for my liking. Doesn't happen elsewhere. Abidal was given his marching orders by Barca, Reina by Liverpool even though he was 'loyal', Ashley Cole is being told to do one by Chelsea in the summer as well.

Imagine we signed Aurier, he'd probably be on £60,000 a week. Over 3 years you've saved £6m in wages which would basically mean you've paid his transfer fee on the wage differential. Bit of a no brainer if you ask me.

The problem is that 6-10m for Aurier will be taken from our current priorities of a DM, ST and LW. Not to mention the CB backup for Verm, especially as Sagna was 4th choice CB too.

In an ideal world we'd let Sagna go and I'd be fine with it because we'll adequately replace him. But you know we won't adequately replace him, whomever we get will take a season to bed in at least.
Original post by AR_95
If anyone's seen the press conference today, Arsene on Arteta : " I like Mikel Arteta, because he's quality, his focus, his commitment, and completely with a winner attitude, you know, I've big respect for what he has achieved this season"

"He's at that difficult age but I think he's very contentious, very professional, and he has a couple of years left"

I actually want to be sick. If anything this is just a forshadowing that Wenger is not going to change this summer and next season is going to collapse just like this one..

ffs man... You just cannot have such faith in a player who has been awful all season. Seriously what does Wenger see in him?!

I wouldn't worry about it - he's hardly going to come out and call him ****. It's no secret how much crap Wenger spouts in his press conferences anyway. Given we bid for Bender last summer, I'd be surprised if we weren't in for him again this summer, or Schneiderlin.

Even if he did sign Flamini in the end he still went and loaned Kallstrom who likely won't be here next season, that indicates to me that he is aware we are a body short. He's not stupid.

What I would give for another Gilberto/Petit, we need a rock.

Latest