The Student Room Group

How much hours of revision needed in order to get Bs? Plus tips in revision?

My targets for English & History are Bs and Psychology a C, plus I could push for a B. However in each subjects I'm under achieving.

In English I'm at a mid/high C, so that's fine. However our teacher hasn't even started going through with the 3rd & 4th text (The Great Gatsby & Rime Of The Ancient Mariner). I've started reading The Great Gatsby at home now.

History I'm pretty worried as I'm kinda struggling in remembering the information. In homework essays I give, it's always at Band 3, sometimes at 4, but my teacher's saying I'm working at a D grade. I never did History last year, I got in with my Humanities & English Lit/Lang grades (B, B, A) so I didn't really do Appeasement or Germany last year, making it a bit hard for me to remember info.

Psychology's iffy as well. I've realised I'm good at revising this subject by myself, however I'm not so good at chunks of the subject. In my last mock, I scored an E. HOWEVER, that's because I only answered one question in a 24 mark section (got 2 marks). Overall I got 33/72, and my teacher said if I revised on the abnormality section (we've had some trainee teacher teach us that section, barely anyone knows much about it), I'd definitely score a C, so atleast I know what my priority is.

I'm getting worried cos I ain't really organised. Can someone suggest how much time to spend on each subject everyday (school days AND weekends/day offs/half days) please? Also tips on each subject would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Something else I should mention, I still have my 2nd piece of coursework in English Lit to give in, as well as writing a column for the local newspaper. And for History it's not only Germany & Appeasement, it's also Russia (doing Totalitarian Regimes and British Appeasement). So yeah
For history, make sure you know the information really well. I'm thinking of making a detailed timeline as well as flashcrds for the statistics. Also I think it would be good to make essay plans, alondside doing timed essays. Good luck, I'll be sitting for my AS exams this summer too :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by StuckInADaydream
For history, make sure you know the information really well. I'm thinking of making a detailed timeline as well as flashcrds for the statistics. Also I think it would be good to make essay plans, alondside doing timed essays. Good luck, I'll be sitting for my AS exams this summer too :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you too! What else do you do in order to get the information stuck in your head?
To get it stuck just write out the important stuff from your textbooks, condense those notes further into flash cards and then continually review them.

Quick Reply

Latest