The Student Room Group

I got all 9s in GCSEs 2022 - ask me anything

I LOVE when other people do this, so this is my chance to give back a little. Ask me any questions you have about Year 11, GCSEs etc. I've been so blessed to be able to do this by the Lord. Hope this helps someone :smile:

Scroll to see replies

How long and often did you spend revising?

Edit: Big congrats on the results btw!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bluebirdbubble
I LOVE when other people do this, so this is my chance to give back a little. Ask me any questions you have about Year 11, GCSEs etc. I've been so blessed to be able to do this by the Lord. Hope this helps someone :smile:

I’m way past my GCSEs but congrats! You should be so proud. And ignore any rude posts, you did really well and it’s great that you’re trying to help others.

Do you think you are gifted or did you really have to work for it, either way it's really impressive given that popular GCSE revision youtubers don't even get all 9's

Well done on your grades.

Now that you are done with GCSE’s, how do you plan to get straight A*’s at A level (assuming that’s what you are doing) and in which subjects?

It will be interesting to see how my methods and chosen subjects compare to yours.

What GCSEs did you take?
Congratulations 🥳 , ignore the haters. How many hours a day did you revise and what methods did you use??
Original post by anniisa97
How long and often did you spend revising?

Edit: Big congrats on the results btw!

Thank you so much 💜
I think I have worked hard throughout school, but I started a revision schedule from January, aiming for 2 hours a school night, 5 on the weekend. From around March-April, 2 to 3 hours a school night and almost all day on the weekends. But please, I actually regret this, use those weekends until Match to spend more time with family and friends, or doing things you love. Best of luck xx
Original post by JackOobleco
Lmfao this is too funny, you can never tell if they are being attention *****s or if they genuinely want to help
I don't even care tbh all 9's is impressive asf, be a beg if you want

Thank you so much, hope this helps whoever comes across this little corner if the internet :smile:
Original post by JackOobleco
Do you think you are gifted or did you really have to work for it, either way it's really impressive given that popular GCSE revision youtubers don't even get all 9's

Definitely had to work hard :smile:
School has never been natural to me, so I've had to put in the effort all throughout secondary school to get here. However, the main thing is, whatever year you're in, it's never too late. The amount of friends who were struggling to pass maths and science but came out with 6s and 7s due to hard work was incredible. I came over to the UK when I was 8, so I think that's where the proving myself mindset came in a little. Anyway, the moral of the story is please, please work hard but don't do what I did and sacrifice the things you love too much. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by hiabsotd
Bit harsh😭😭😭. It's completely normal for people who have done well to try and help and give advice to others! Well done to the op for getting the full flush xx

Thank you so much 💜
Original post by bea_murray0
I’m way past my GCSEs but congrats! You should be so proud. And ignore any rude posts, you did really well and it’s great that you’re trying to help others.

Thank you so much :smile:
A very big well done

What did you take as your options?
Also, what revision techniques helped you the best?

If I think of anything else, I'll ask lmao.
Original post by TypicalNerd
Well done on your grades.

Now that you are done with GCSE’s, how do you plan to get straight A*’s at A level (assuming that’s what you are doing) and in which subjects?

It will be interesting to see how my methods and chosen subjects compare to yours.

I'm currently in the process of changing courses from IB to A Level Bio, Chem and Maths. Will be making a study timetable as soon as possible, and taking one day off a week for dance, family and friends, and UCAT revision (for medicine). Also, will try to stay one lecture ahead with my notes, making flashcards after each lesson, and past paper questions as I go along. Obviously, this will be adjusted depending on workload and social/extracurricular activities :smile:. The goal is balance, but also achieving them goals. Def interested about your methods :smile:
Original post by BibliophileLibra
What GCSEs did you take?

AQA English Language, English Literature, Geography, Spanish, Further Maths.
Edexcel Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Statistics. Best of luck with the future xx
Original post by meddad
The OP presumably did better than you in maths.... according to the story it was 5,000 with 2 fish :confused:

And for History and/or RE, it was Jesus, not God.... according to the story that is.

Perhaps he was just copying your own attitude.... thread yesterday boasting you are clever and have straight 9's - but interestingly offering no constructive help at all. Well done you !

Hope this can be a constructive and positive place for us all :smile:
I'm currently in the process of changing courses from IB to A Level Bio, Chem and Maths. Will be making a study timetable as soon as possible, and taking one day off a week for dance, family and friends, and UCAT revision (for medicine). Also, will try to stay one lecture ahead with my notes, making flashcards after each lesson, and past paper questions as I go along. Obviously, this will be adjusted depending on workload and social/extracurricular activities :smile:. The goal is balance, but also achieving them goals. Def interested about your methods :smile:

See them and my A level grades on this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&p=97549790&page=2#post97549790
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Congratulations 🥳 , ignore the haters. How many hours a day did you revise and what methods did you use??

I think I worked pretty hard most of the time through school, but from January this year onwards, I made a schedule to do 2 hours per school night, and 5 on a weekend. From March-April onwards, it was 3 on a school night and 6-7 on a weekend. Please remember to use time for things you love, I'm still learning and hope to do better at this next time round :smile:

The methods I planned to use and what I did use turned out to be very different.
Maths = Maths Genie past paper, Corbett Maths videos, my school has Sparx so regular homework throughout the year.
English Lang = genuinely my teacher was my best resource, sorry :smile: Getting your teacher to mark past papers for you is great.
English Lit = Stacey Reay on YouTube, making essay plans for themes like Redemption in A Christmas Carol, and memorising them for each of my three texts. Practice essays are great too.
Geography= Memorising case study details using mind maps, Primrose Kittens paper 1 video for AQA Geog is great 💜
Sciences = going through the specification, and learning all content using Cognito and Freescience Lessons videos on YouTube. Turning these spec points into questions "What is the function of the mitochondria?" And answering them on a big Google doc (up to 16 pages at a time), two or three times before each paper. Past Papers are amazing, focus on what you get wrong and relearn. Topic tests were provided by Edexcel on the topics being examined and they were awesome.
Further Maths - did all the last papers on Dr Frost Maths :smile:
Spanish - watching Netflix in Spanish, my school lessons were really good, but the hardest part for me was the subjunctive. Spanishacks on YouTube was really good, plus I did a lot of speaking practice with my teacher and best friend.
I think that was it. Let me know if anything else needs explaining :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Fantastic, thank you, will give it a read :smile:
AQA English Language, English Literature, Geography, Spanish, Further Maths.
Edexcel Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Statistics. Best of luck with the future xx

Hi, thanks for replying! I really need to know how to do well on English language and Literature since I don't perform as well on those as I do with other subjects. I know some people make mind maps, so you do, and if so how do you lay it out and stuff cause it really confuses me and I just need an explanation from someone on how to do well at boths Englishes as well as tips and resources. I'd really apprecitate it and a big congrats on your beautiful results! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest