The Student Room Group

moving to year 11

right, i'm in my last term of being a year 10, and the thought about going to year 11 is wild, like i wish i did NOT want to go there, but i don't really have a choice. During the summer holidays, i have a food and nutrition assignment which iw pqrt of my food course. This is NOT OK.
i want to do really well, like all 9s in all my GCSEs, and i'm already in the position to do so, but the thought of sooo much revision is weighing me down. y'all i need sufficient HELP! anyone who's past year 11, help a friend out :biggrin:
Original post by emilyboakye
right, i'm in my last term of being a year 10, and the thought about going to year 11 is wild, like i wish i did NOT want to go there, but i don't really have a choice. During the summer holidays, i have a food and nutrition assignment which iw pqrt of my food course. This is NOT OK.
i want to do really well, like all 9s in all my GCSEs, and i'm already in the position to do so, but the thought of sooo much revision is weighing me down. y'all i need sufficient HELP! anyone who's past year 11, help a friend out :biggrin:

It’s good you’re thinking about it and you must be working pretty hard already if you’re doing really well. So sorry about the summer assignment but it be like that from now (coming from a year 12 abt to do y13).
Basically yeah, the revision is grim, but if you make a timetable for each main holiday (yes, each, I’m so sorry) and mostly stick to it, making sure you still have plenty of free time, you’ll be ok. I got rlly good grades by doing 4/5/v occasionally 6, most days of the holiday so you don’t need to overdo it.
Hope this helps at all - I’m having the same issues panics about A levels but I promise you that if you’re fairly organised (absolutely no need for perfection) you’ll be ok. :biggrin:
Reply 2

heya, as someone who just finished y11 i thought i’d give a bit of guidance! i was also super stressed about starting y11, and i was worried about how much revision i had to do. one thing that really helped me was ranking my subjects in order of strongest to weakest, and then prioritising the weaker subjects in a revision timetable! revising consistently is key, but resting is even more important. the best tip i could give you is to never overdo the studying, take a break when you need to, spend time with your friends and family and ask for help!!
Reply 3

It sounds like you’re on track to get amazinggggg grades which I’m sure you will get!! I’m going into year 13 in September and defo get ur stress. As long as you make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to revise (I love to plan and found that making a timetable really helped me to stay on track) then you should be absolutely fine. Try not to stress urself out too much and year 11 literally goes so fast (so did year 12 tbh) and I’m sure you will do great 🙂

Heyy I just finished year 11 so I thought I could give you a bit of help. My biggest tip would be to (and a lot of people might disagree with me but this helped me so much when I got to exam season) start revising around October November time. Obviously you won’t need to revise for hours each day at the start but a bit a revision each week for each subject really helped me in exam season as it felt like I had a lot less to revise during exams and I could relax a bit more as all the information was pretty much in my head from months of revision. There will be some subjects where u finish the content only 2 weeks before the exam (at least for us) so I could really concentrate on this new content instead of worrying about everything I had learnt in year 10 as I had already revised that for months (hope that makes sense). But don’t worry about GCSEs, once you get the first exam over it’s a lot less scary and it goes really quickly. If u have any other questions feel free to ask :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest