The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Great way to keep in touch with aquaintances that you wouldn't otherwise talk to. You can leave comments and messages without having to have an actual IM "conversation".
Reply 2
If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that. Some people want to use it, and that's fair enough. I recently got an account, and found some old school friends I've not seen or spoken to in years, and it's a good way to find them and get in touch, which I have been doing.
Reply 3
Its basically a league to see who has the most friends. Thats the only 'point' i see in it anyhow.
Reply 4
I use it to keep in touch with my old friends in another country.
there are a lot of poker enthusiasts on it.

eg, Daniel negreanu, ivey, chan and some other big names use it :smile:
Reply 6
i use it to find new music before it gets radio airtime etc, plus to keep in touch with friends (which is going to be harder once i go to uni). Apart from that it's not that exciting and it always breaks.
Reply 7
I don't use MySpace. It doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Reply 8
i think the MSN Spaces are worse than Myspace.. and a blatant copy.
lol people don't think before they out stuff on their myspaces. you can really tell how people want to be perceived, can't you? To be honest, I don't get why try and act all zany on their myspaces profiles and put in some cartoon hero in their hero section. That is not funny. Neither is sarcasm and putting in bizarre-trying-to-be-funny things in the movies, interests etc section. Although it intrigues how these people think they're witty and want to be percieved as witty. And photos of smoking and drinking etc that is not kool.
Reply 10
Now im confused, i thought Myspace was related to MSN? :confused:
no, there is msn spaces and myspaces. personally, i find myspace a lot better. i miss the msn profiles though, don't know why they took them away but now it's difficult to find out who you are talking to on msn when you talk to some randomer on there and you have no idea how they got on the list. anyway back to myspace, basically it's a way of marketing oneself and to get more mates, get more ego massing, networking etc and therefore happiness?!
Reply 12
EffingKrazy
no, there is msn spaces and myspaces. personally, i find myspace a lot better. i miss the msn profiles though, don't know why they took them away but now it's difficult to find out who you are talking to on msn when you talk to some randomer on there and you have no idea how they got on the list. anyway back to myspace, basically it's a way of marketing oneself and to get more mates, get more ego massing, networking etc and therefore happiness?!

I thought there still were profiles? :confused:

So myspace isnt that great then? ...I was just curious as i have never used it. I have MSN for talking to friends and dont want everyone to know everything about me.
Reply 13
that site is hilarious.
No, MySpace, I think is the best social networking site! it is the best! love it!
Reply 15
Asriel
I thought there still were profiles? :confused:

So myspace isnt that great then? ...I was just curious as i have never used it. I have MSN for talking to friends and dont want everyone to know everything about me.

Just try it. :p:
Asriel
I was bored on the internet and clicked 'stumbleupon' and it came across this: http://www.myspaceisgay.com/ ...which i found rater amusing.

But it got me thinking, what is the deal with Myspace? I know a number of people who have one and i honestly cant see the point, they are like those MSN ones but with an even worse layout. Am i missing something?

What's stumbleupon and where d'you find it?
Reply 17
matt@internet
What's stumbleupon and where d'you find it?

Its a plugin for Firefox which takes you to random websites. Linky: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/138/
Reply 18
walalang
Just try it. :p:

Maybe I will :smile:
Reply 19
pumpkin7
i think the MSN Spaces are worse than Myspace.. and a blatant copy.

:dito:

my space was out before msn spaces anyway and its different.
i like my space! it helps kill my boredom and is a way of keeping in touch with mates who dont live near me, its also good for finding new music.

Latest

Trending

Trending