The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jmu2108
I can't be the only person who thinks that this is unjustifiable, considering the degree of human suffering in the Lebanon?

In fact, do we have any business at all with animal charities when there's so much work that needs to be done within our own species?

I can't believe those evil Israelis. Now they're murdering puppies and kittens.
Reply 2
They can put the entire canine population of the world to the sword for all I care, if it means they'll stop going for civilians!

At what point did animals acquire what I often hear referred to as 'human' rights? It's ridiculous.
OH NOES!!!!!! an animal welfare organisation being concerned about the welfare of animals??????? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!
Reply 4
Kano the Magnificent
OH NOES!!!!!! an animal welfare organisation being concerned about the welfare of animals??????? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

It's doing the right thing according to its mandate, clearly, but should it exist at all?
Reply 5
jmu2108
It's doing the right thing according to its mandate, clearly, but should it exist at all?

No, we should ban it and all other organizations that didn't get an explicit permission from the Commons.
Reply 6
Bismarck
No, we should ban it and all other organizations that didn't get an explicit permission from the Commons.

It's such an obscene waste of money, though - over 800,000 people have been displaced by the violence in Gaza and the Lebanon, of which almost half are children. How can anyone be seriously worried about dogs?
Reply 7
jmu2108
It's such an obscene waste of money, though - over 800,000 people have been displaced by the violence in Gaza and the Lebanon, of which almost half are children. How can anyone be seriously worried about dogs?

Waste of whose money? Only of people who donated to the organization. Should you be able to tell other people what to spend their money on?
Reply 8
Bismarck
Waste of whose money? Only of people who donated to the organization. Should you be able to tell other people what to spend their money on?

Most probably not. Doesn't mean I don't want to, though.

We are supposed to be geared towards continuing the species, for heaven's sake - saving a Lebanese dog is indirectly killing a Lebanese person, in theory. It's horrible.
Reply 9
jmu2108

We are supposed to be geared towards continuing the species, for heaven's sake - saving a Lebanese dog is indirectly killing a Lebanese person, in theory. It's horrible.

How's that? You're making the false assumption that if this organization didn't exist, the same people would give their money to a charity that cares about humans.
Reply 10
Bismarck
How's that? You're making the false assumption that if this organization didn't exist, the same people would give their money to a charity that cares about humans.

It'd be nice to think that they would, n'est pas? I'm making the false assumption that humans are basically decent.
Reply 11
jmu2108

By the same logic, you buying any luxury above the bare minimum necessary to survive is indirectly killing Lebanese people.
Since they're an animal rights group, it's their remit to care for animals, no?! :rolleyes: :p:

Hence, they'll do their utmost to care for this dog AHEAD of any human suffering.

The Red Cross (or Crescent or whatever) would care for humans more for the same reason.

Latest

Trending

Trending