The Student Room Group

Muslim marriage divorce

What are the ground for Muslim marriage divorce? Is your spouse allowed to force sexual intercourse?
You can't divorce. Women must be submissive in Islam. Same submission in the Bible. That's why religion wastes people's life. To be free and happy you have to be atheist
Reply 2
Original post by zeecream
What are the ground for Muslim marriage divorce? Is your spouse allowed to force sexual intercourse?

No no no and no. No one should force you to do anything you do not want to do even your spouse. Please contact someone if you need help. That is rape and is illegal. Are you okay?
Original post by treematrie
No no no and no. No one should force you to do anything you do not want to do even your spouse. Please contact someone if you need help. That is rape and is illegal. Are you okay?

Islam says parents choose the husband. Women must be submissive. I know many girls who are forced to marry men chosen by their parents. Religion wastes people's life, we should ban religion
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Islam says parents choose the husband. Women must be submissive. I know many girls who are forced to marry men chosen by their parents. Religion wastes people's life, we should ban religion

This is a wrong interpretation. Islam ensures the spouse chosen is the best possible for the person. If a man likes a women and is interested for marriage, he goes to her parents and they check him out and see if he will be honest and truthful to the women during their marriage as this is a lifelong decision. No one is forced, this is purely for protection of the women or man.
Reply 5
Original post by zeecream

I'd suggest you speak to your local imam or visit a masjid nearby as I am not as educated in this but I'm sure divorce is permissible there is just some steps that need to be taken.
Original post by Yehiaaaa
This is a wrong interpretation. Islam ensures the spouse chosen is the best possible for the person. If a man likes a women and is interested for marriage, he goes to her parents and they check him out and see if he will be honest and truthful to the women during their marriage as this is a lifelong decision. No one is forced, this is purely for protection of the women or man.

Lol that's word gymnastics. It basically means she is not free to choose who to marry, her parents choose. If she wants to marry someone else she isn't allowed. I feel sorry for these girls. Their life is wasted by religion
Lol that's word gymnastics. It basically means she is not free to choose who to marry, her parents choose. If she wants to marry someone else she isn't allowed. I feel sorry for these girls. Their life is wasted by religion

PRSOM
Reply 8

Arranged marriage is not the same as forced marriage...
You can't divorce. Women must be submissive in Islam. Same submission in the Bible. That's why religion wastes people's life. To be free and happy you have to be atheist

Your view of Islam is misguided. In Islam, nobody can be forced to do anything.
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
Your view of Islam is misguided. In Islam, nobody can be forced to do anything.

You're wrong, I know and witnessed it for many girls. And they're often forced to marry older men
You're wrong, I know and witnessed it for many girls. And they're often forced to marry older men

In fact, you're wrong, that is part of the person's culture, not Islam.
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
In fact, you're wrong, that is part of the person's culture, not Islam.

It's religion, atheists are free. The "culture" is an excuse used by some Muslims to justify the crimes of religion
It's religion, atheists are free. The "culture" is an excuse used by Muslims to justify the crimes of religion

How dare you. You post these offensive comments and yet you say you live free and while doing so you post it anonymously, you are a coward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending