The Student Room Group

Fussy Eaters.... Ugh explain

Scroll to see replies

1. Are you a fussy eater? I have been called fussy, yes:tongue:

2. What do you eat? fruit, veg, chicken, fish.... no red meat, dairy products... Ew.

3. Do you attribute your fussiness to a certain experiences? No, I used to like most of the stuff I dislike now so I guess my taste buds just gradually changed over time.

4. Do you prepare the hosts when you go for dinner? No, I eat whatever is on the plate out of respect. Even if its gross (And it sometimes has been, I can't say much for my friends mum's cooking lol)

5. Do you think your taste buds are merely more defined than others? Nope, just picky :smile:

6. Any other information?:colondollar: I never eat a lot in the one go and at home, if something is cooked that I don't like, I don't eat it. At a restaurant, its the same. However, at someone else's house I'll eat as much as I can on the plate.... Anything else is disrespectful.
I am definitely a fussy eater :s-smilie: I hate the taste/texture of fruit and I hate the taste of bacon just to name a few of my issues. I have no idea why I'm like this, ever since I can remember the taste and textures of certain foods have made me feel physically ill. Most people know this and therefore it is not necessary to notify any hosts, but to be honest, I do try my best to eat whatever a host prepares, no matter how much I may dislike it. Sometimes I have to sadly stop eating the food due to the fact that many things honestly make me feel ill, but I think they would prefer that to me being sick all over the place :biggrin:
Reply 22
\No I'm not a fussy eater. I love my food.
Reply 23
I will eat anything and have never been a fussy eater although now as an adult I'm fussy about my food being organic and free range. But if someone prepared me something which wasn't free range I would still gobble it gladly.
I eat everything but always have to take a deep breath before swallowing the likes of eggs, fish and some veggies. But always force myself because in the long run I know my 80 year old self will thank me.
Reply 25
I don't consider myself a fussy eater. If you asked me a food I don't like, I would struggle to mention. I'm don't really like radish and and bitter gourd, but I'll still eat them if put in front of me.
Oh and I'm a vegetarian but that's not for taste reasons.
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours

1. Are you a fussy eater?
2. What do you eat?
3. Do you attribute your fussiness to a certain experiences?
4. Do you prepare the hosts when you go for dinner?
5. Do you think your taste buds are merely more defined than others?
6. Any other information?:colondollar:

I'm genuinely curious.

1)I'd like to think I'm not most of the time but I try to stick to a plan for the gym, so I wont eat certain things not because I'm fussy but because they're not correct for my diet.
2)Very standard English food. Lots of meats and dairy, not many carbs. Standard day would be porridge/eggs for breakfast, prawn stir fry for lunch and steak and rice for dinner.

6)I'm not fussy in terms of quality and needing to have specific foods but I refuse to eat certain 'exotic' foods point blank. When I was in Mexico I had one look at some of the local crap they offered us and just went to McDonalds instead because it looked absolutely offensive.
(edited 10 years ago)
fussy eater - 1st world problem

Quick Reply

Latest