The Student Room Group

I'm fussy about who i sleep with?

I can't really think of a title for this but just wanted to ask or get people's opinions

So I was abroad recently and met a girl at bar with some others, we hit it off very quickly and got really close physically. However as the night went on i lost interest. I had to get up early the next morning and drive (i was on a road trip). I wanted to sleep with her but as the night went on i got bored of waiting? And i knew that the sex would be sh1tty. I lost my virignity a couple years ago aged 18 at uni and i can't remmeber much and i was drunk most of the time, and the rest i struggled to get it up due to being on antidepressants. I have a very high sex drive but i've had sex only like a few times mostly with one person and once for a very short period with another (like 10 secs lol) and didn't relaly enjoy it either time, they were just people i hooked up with. I masturbate a lot. I just feel like I'm fussy like some guys seem to sleep with anyone and wouldn't care about anything else but for me i don't know...some guy was also trying to come onto this girl and i didn't really do anything other than make it clear in my body language i was with her. i ended up ditching her and the group as i couldn't be asked, if there weren't so many bouncers in the club i might have done something.
Reply 1
I'm not sure what you are asking here? As you experience more life, and more life worldwide you find out your likes and dislikes. Are you asking if it is ok to be fussy? The answer is absolutely ok - why are you asking? Have the confidence to know whatever is right for you is the right answer. It's absolutely right to be choosy whether it is finding a short term hook up or a longer term friendship or lover. That is your choice. You will learn a lot about yourself and your likes and dislikes as you grow older and find those relationships you would rather never repeat. It is helpful to know a lot about what you are prepared to put up with, to know your own likes and dislikes when you are attracted to someone.

If you are in a transient environment it makes it far harder to find someone who really makes your heart sing and even if there was to know that there might be a very slim chance of hanging onto to the relationship as anything more than a 'one night stand'? Be realistic and you won't go far wrong.

Be fussy, it doesn't matter what anyone else does. If your mates are 'hooking up' on multiple occasions they may seem happy for a quick fix but they are also exposing themselves to a greater chance of STD's and other viruses. Equally a lot of girls look for similar one night stand relationships. But if that is what they want to do, they stay safe and everything is with mutual consent then it is their lifestyle choice. Stay safe and be aware of your environment.

If you are wishing you could have multiple hook ups but can't because you physically can't perform sex and it causes you anxiety then get some professional medical advice (about erectile dysfunction) Have a debate with your medical practitioner about the side effects of anti depressants or changing your medications so it doesn't mess up your sex life. There are always options in life so just think things through and go with your instinct.
Reply 2
If you are fussy who you sleep with, then it doesn't sound like you're a 'one-night stand' guy. We girls can generally spot the difference at a bar or a club. Find a place/event you can meet women in a more relaxed environment without booze and loud music. Be confident. Appreciate yourself more.
Original post by HannahGM
If you are fussy who you sleep with, then it doesn't sound like you're a 'one-night stand' guy. We girls can generally spot the difference at a bar or a club. Find a place/event you can meet women in a more relaxed environment without booze and loud music. Be confident. Appreciate yourself more.

I think i might have badly worded this to be honest i think its more a case of nerves or just finding excuses rather than being outright fussy as i enjoy flirting with women in clubs/bars etc.

Quick Reply

Latest